Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• This is one of the best season ever for Seria A.
    I literally can’t guess who is gone be fave this season…

There were seasons with 6 (Bergamo, Perugia, Pesaro, Jesi, Chieri and Novara) teams out of 12 fighting for the scudetto on paper...

Also during the four season before Beijing 2008, about 70% of the olimpic medalists - if you don't count China, which forbidden its players to go abroad while playing for the NT - played in Italy for a while:

Gold medalist Brazil

José Roberto Guimarães -> Pesaro (2006-2009)

Walewska de Oliveira -> Perugia (2004-2007)

Marianne Steinbrecher -> Pesaro (2006-2008)

Hélia de Souza -> Perugia (2004-2007)

Valeska Menezes -> Novara (2007-2008)

Jaqueline de Carvalho -> Jesi (2006-2007) and came back after the OGs (Pesaro 2008-2009)

Sheilla de Castro -> Pesaro (2004-2008)

Silver Medalist USA

Lang Ping -> Modena (1998-2002), Novara (2002-2004), Jesi (2004-2005)

Ogonna Nnamani -> Piacenza (2005-2006), Novara (2007-2008)

Danielle Scott -> Chieri (2003-2006)

Lindsey Berg -> Pesaro (2004-2007), Novara (2007-2008) and came back after a season missed because of a injury (Villa Cortese 2009-2012)

Stacy Sykora -> Ravenna (2000-2003), Modena (2003-2004), Altamura (2007-2008)

Heather Bown -> Ravenna (2000-2002), Bergamo (2002-2003), Modena (2003-2004), Tortolì (2004-2005), Jesi (2006-2010)

Jennifer Joines -> Chieri (2006-2007)

Kimberly Glass -> Santeramo (2005-2006)

Kim Willoughby -> Santeramo (2006-2007), Chieri (2007-2008) and came back after the OGs Perugia (2008-2009)

Logan Tom -> Jesi (2003-2004), Chieri (2004-2005)

And many of them left Italy right before the 2007-08 season, in order to have a easier club season before the OGs and limitate the risk of injuries. And most of the star players of the other teams were in Italy (Miyuki Takahashi alias Shin, Sokolova and Godina, Skowronska, Glinka, Rosner)...

The level of Serie A1 was insane. They were playing with the back ups in Europe till the final phase of most of the competitions (and swept the opponents 3-0; go now to Germany or Poland with the back ups, you would be crashed) and the italian teams eliminated each others because CEV forbidden the all-italian finals (from 2005 IIRC) with that stupid rule of having finalists from different countries.

Coming back to nowadays, Imoco (money, chemistry and tradition) looks clearly the favourite to me compared to the Vero Volley team (just money) and Scandicci (just money). It seems another regular season, like last ones.

• I will give you credite for all this info. :obey:

For me I watch Seria A last 10years. And this looks season for me looks like the best one yet.

Both Milano and Scandicci gave really nice fight to Imoco, especially Milano. But this season both of this teams upgrade when Conegliano stay the same still Imoco is the best club in the World right now it is not so easy to beat them.

For me I watch Seria A last 10years. And this looks season for me looks like the best one yet.

Both Milano and Scandicci gave really nice fight to Imoco, especially Milano. But this season both of this teams upgrade when Conegliano stay the same still Imoco is the best club in the World right now it is not so easy to beat them.

fb is better.

• you write like this before the start of every season:roll: we all are used to this and don’t take it seriously anymore.

Maybe because level is getting better and better

I don't know.

Lanier and Plummer are the same kind of player on paper. Both receive a insane number of services and tend to struggle when the pressure is too high, but Lanier fits a little bit better with fast setting.

When Santarelli changed Plummer with Gray and the canadian saved the day, it's not like he really changed anything tachtically. Somehow Vero Volley could not keep the pressure from the service line of the fist part of the game (very few mistakes or aces, but Imoco constantly out of system) and got eaten alive by Wolosz's fast game, in which Gray used to fit great. In fact, the reception stats for Imoco of the whole match look great.

I don't really believe this will work in Champions League, against teams that can serve far better than Vero Volley, like Eczacibasi, VekifBank or the best of all, Fenerbahce.

Imoco's faith will depend a lot on Robinson's performances and she doesn't fit as well the crazy fast setting style, it was pretty clear in Imoco and this summer with the USA (when Kiraly made Carlini push the ball like crazy and Kelsey look uncomfortable).

• remove your biased glasses, they couldn’t even advance to the finals last time:roll:

they didn’t even make the semis…

• fb is better.

Arina is better**

remember how she crushed imoco with her serving runs :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vargas did not even need to score more than 15 points to win the QF series..

• VBdiamond thank you for constructive post unlike Turkish fans are going crazy ones again.

• The imoco system was invented/created by course my Queen Kim Hill. That's why they hold the Guinness record of # of wins. But yeah no one can fit that system other than hill. But let see how lanier will perform this season considering she got cut from the final roster should be her motivation to oust plummer/kcook in starting spot 🤔

• Lanier didn’t got cut She got smaller injured so She couldn’t compate with others. :(

But this is her season to shine. If She can take starting position from Plummer in Imoco if She perform on the bigest stages as WCCH and CL on highest level I don’t see any reason why She should be in Paris. But their is a lot of if moments.

• Lanier didn’t got cut She got smaller injured so She couldn’t compate with others. :(

But this is her season to shine. If She can take starting position from Plummer in Imoco if She perform on the bigest stages as WCCH and CL on highest level I don’t see any reason why She should be in Paris. But their is a lot of if moments.

Sorry but that inhury thing was false lol she doesn't have injury as per avid. She was cut. This season will make or break. They have alot of OH in Usa roster and at this moment she is at the lowest rank behind skinner lol. Karch really thought it's between her or plummer and he choose the later.

• Sorry but that inhury thing was false lol she doesn't have injury as per avid. She was cut. This season will make or break. They have alot of OH in Usa roster and at this moment she is at the lowest rank behind skinner lol. Karch really thought it's between her or plummer and he choose the later.

I also heard she was cut. But guys, it's Kiraly: nothing of what this man does and his management of the USA team make any sense. He's by far the worst coach - not even taking into consideration Cai Bin, China went back in time of 40 years with him - of the volleyball powerhouses and the biggest limit for the USA team.

• Paola Egonu and her crazy angles are back :sos::super:

• Fun fact from Conegliano vs Bergamo match, Fahr was top scorer of the match with 21points

• I also heard she was cut. But guys, it's Kiraly: nothing of what this man does and his management of the USA team make any sense. He's by far the worst coach - not even taking into consideration Cai Bin, China went back in time of 40 years with him - of the volleyball powerhouses and the biggest limit for the USA team.

40 years you say? Cai Bin wishes he could go back to 1983/84!

Take the position from Plummer? This is more like a wishful thinking than a realistic scenario . With Robinson being so awful Lanier will have a lot of chances to start but in the place of Robinson . Plummer has a decent reception and Lanier is better than that. Santarelli is a clever coach and if Kelsey continue to play like that sooner or later he will do exactly what he did to Courtney who actually btw was better than Robinson when Santarelli replace her with Sylla from who she did not have any great difference. The only reason which Santarelli will try her if he tries her as a starter right now is her name and nothing else.

If Plummer and Sylla worked back then ( both were worst receivers than now) then also Plummer and Lanier can work , and Imoco will have a crazy block with so many tall players. Even Paola would suffer a lot against them. The only case in which Lanier can take the place of Plummer is only if Robinson will be like before , with a good all around game with good attack , reception and defense, if Lanier is in a good shape and if Plummer will be bad for a long time. Not a realistic scenerio.