Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• 4 more University players for PFU:

Reina Kawasaki from Kokushikan. This girl is a monster. A receiving OP who Captained her team as a freshman. But she suffers Nanami Hirose Syndrome and sometimes just quickly and completely disappears. I've been singing her praises and disappointment for years. Will be interesting to see if she can play V.League ball. She's at least 177cm. I think taller

Mio Okumura Setter from JF Oberlin

Mayu Nagatomo The Tokai MB who isn't Emili

Ririka Funada Libero from Juntendo. Have liked the libero from Juntendo but don't know if it has been her :/ :lol:

I love this time of year :super:

• Still waiting on:

Ameze Miyabe

Haruka Oyama

Miyu Kawazoe

Saki Ishikura

There are others but those four have the possibility, with the right team, to have an impact

Ameze can go anywhere really, but watch her sign with JT

Haruka, I want on Prestige, but I think she goes to Toray

Miyu, please please please Prestige or Kurobe

Saki, please please please Prestige or Kurobe

• I would be really happy if any one of them will go to Prestige or Kurobe :lol: I hope any team but not JT for Ameze, since I want her to get her playing time. She can go to Toray with Haruka. or Denso. :box:

• I sense y'all are avoiding Toray even though they're still technically a top team and not a sinking ship

Also JT always takes in these random girls that somehow never gets in on anyone's radar and not so much girls with hype

I don't want any of the players I like to go to the BCS loving Big Corporate Dual Citizenship Teams, but understand why they do it, and why the best teams always get the best players. I don't like it so I dream for a little while before it inevitably happens :lol:

• I sense y'all are avoiding Toray even though they're still technically a top team and not a sinking ship

Also JT always takes in these random girls that somehow never gets in on anyone's radar and not so much girls with hype

that depends on whether mayu will rejoin them and whether or not toray is able to develop another star may it be from hs or uni otherwise the teams that do have those stars might as well push them off a cliff. not a top team anymore if you don't have star nt players.

• Runa Tanaka should probably transfer hope out of NEC ... along with Kawakami and Hirota ... Runa went from a full time MVP to sitting in the stands wearing warmups. Is that what they call "soft-quitting"?

There are teams who can't even find a second eligible OH and now NEC has 5-8 of them again plus two imports :white:

Sasaki's got some punch, maybe not more than anyone else but she schools them on defense, especially reception (if her Uni skills translate to V.League). Hard to say though. Kawakami was a pretty good defender in college

• Kill me now :white:

• Sora Nagase (OK MB) is turning into a thing of beauty, kinda reminds me of Rin Honda (Tsukuba 2nd year and U-Squadder)

Kaneda's got some of her punch back but little of her defense or efficiency, and Nakamoto is looking like a grownup swinger. Taguchi is more than just a cutie now. OK has a lineup they could win matches with if the Coach would just settle on it. They have liberos coming out their butt. Tough to say who the setter should be. Personally I start going with Sayaka Seo.

Saiki, Nakamoto, Kaneda. Could one of those play OP?

• Valdes is in for Garbage time against Artemis Hokkaido

• Match of the night ---Fukuoka :box: Kurobe--- up next. This Empress Cup is on VTV like the League matches so they might show up in the wild somewhere

I hope Fukuoka wins because I would love to see them play Hitachi