Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I was happy Sumida got the nod over Takahashi but she's not lit up yet at all - 4/16. Her reception's not bad but Takahashi isn't bad either. Derya's gotta work on hers

Yasuda is beyond tragic as setter, imo :white:

What can you tell about derya's performance and overall her team's chances in the league?

• What can you tell about derya's performance and overall her team's chances in the league?

only one match so far. I love her energy. She’s going to get a lot of reception practice that’s for sure. I’m a little unfair to both Kurobe setters but I think she’ll look much better if they find some rhythm. I’m rooting for Kurobe so you’ll get updates, cheers and groans. No way they make Final stage (top 6) but I think they will entertain

• I thought Toray did surprisingly well against JT. Don't understand the smackdown. Yeah, they lost and yeah they crumbled, but geebus, JT is scary at this point. If they lose to Toyota tonight I will reconsider

• serdar it's funny how big she looks in this context compared to standing next to Ebrar et al. There was a point last night where she whacked the coach's hand after scoring that seemed foreign to him. Not that players don't hi-5 the coach every now and then but the way she did it was ... European, or something. Made me smile

• Rosamaria explained on her IG why she did not play. I don't understand it but I saw a tweet from a Brazilian account that Rosamaria said she stepped on a player's foot in training 2 weeks ago and had a minor sprain and was advised to skip the first games. She will likely play next week.

It's the other way around. She had a fat pad contusion in medical term and to top it off she's been having heel issues for quite some time now.

• Thanks for the correction. So it is recurring injury, then? Did she mention when she'll be back playing?

Yes it's a recurring pain for probably 3-4 years now. After Tokyo Olympics she said it would vary from moderately painful to very painful depending on her movements but dismissed it as anything serious because of her high pain tolerance.

• I assume there is something I'm missing about the random way Easy Sports cuts the bottom half of a couple letters in their logo

• I want Miiku Iwasawa on court. damn it

• I'm sure of it. Kurogo has changed the shape of her head. Momoko Niida should take note. The perfectly round thing is not working

• I was going to suggest Mikoto Shima step aside and give one of the kids a shot but she's hitting really well in the 2 games so far. I would like to see some Kano Miyaji and Kiro Omura, but they are going to earn it

• Oh no. PFU failed to put it away ...