Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I think whatever shine Gromos had has dimmed. She's dressed but looking low key. Ito and Airi starting as usual. Himeji is serious about this, I bet. I hope they win :box:

Saitama is ... not full B Team, but Kurogo starting, Aki Meguru and the third libero. No Iwasaki or Lozo (so far)

Inoue can't dive :down:

• I wish Saitama went full tilt, otherwise it's hard to say what this might mean. Either way JT comes next

• Meanwhile, Aoyama is having a little fun with Toray :box:

• Second Round

1. NEC Red Rockets 3-0 Forest Leaves Kumamoto

2. Toyota Autobody Queenseis 1-3 PFU Blue Cats

3. JT Marvelous 3-1 Prestige Aranmare

4. Saitama Ageo Medics vs. Victorina Himeji

5. Hisamitsu Saga Springs 3-0 TWCPE

6. Denso Airybees 3-2 Okayama Seagulls

7. Hitachi Astemo Rivale 3-1 Kurobe Aquafairies

8. Toray Arrows vs. Aoyama Gakuin U.

Quarterfinals

9. NEC Red Rockets vs. PFU Blue Cats

10. JT Marvelous vs. 4 winner

11. Hisamitsu Saga Springs vs. Denso Airybees

12. Hitachi Astemo Rivale vs. 8 winner

Semifinals

13. 9 winner vs. 10 winner

14. 11 winner vs. 12 winner

Final

13 winner vs. 14 winner

• I don't know what's gotten into Aoyama but they've become so scrappy, flying around, digging up a storm. A real pleasure to watch :rose:

• Sads, Aoyama loses the Tie Breaker 20–22. Match of the tournament for me by a mile

• Second Round

1. NEC Red Rockets 3-0 Forest Leaves Kumamoto

2. Toyota Autobody Queenseis 1-3 PFU Blue Cats

3. JT Marvelous 3-1 Prestige Aranmare

4. Saitama Ageo Medics 0-3 Victorina Himeji

5. Hisamitsu Saga Springs 3-0 TWCPE

6. Denso Airybees 3-2 Okayama Seagulls

7. Hitachi Astemo Rivale 3-1 Kurobe Aquafairies

8. Toray Arrows 3-2 Aoyama Gakuin U.

Quarterfinals

9. NEC Red Rockets vs. PFU Blue Cats

10. JT Marvelous vs. Victorina Himeji

11. Hisamitsu Saga Springs vs. Denso Airybees

12. Hitachi Astemo Rivale vs. Toray Arrows

Semifinals

13. 9 winner vs. 10 winner

14. 11 winner vs. 12 winner

Final

13 winner vs. 14 winner

• I was so sad it ended that way! They played really well

It was heartbreaking ;( but it was comical how many, and how often those Aoyama players were sprawled out all over the floor going for a dig. If they won the point they'd run a lap around the court at full speed :lol: I'm surprised they were able to walk after that match

• This Russian model that works in Tokyo said it only took her less than a year to naturalize. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0ofZCAv3t0/ She said it usually takes 1-2 years to acquire Japanese citizenship.

Someone here said it will take 5 years but then I see most of these videos and they say 2 years is max so Valdes should be a citizen by now if they applied at the beginning of the pandemic.

• This Russian model that works in Tokyo said it only took her less than a year to naturalize. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0ofZCAv3t0/ She said it usually takes 1-2 years to acquire Japanese citizenship.

Someone here said it will take 5 years but then I see most of these videos and they say 2 years is max so Valdes should be a citizen by now if they applied at the beginning of the pandemic.

No the five year rule is that one has to be living in Japan for 5 years before they're eligible for citizenship regardless of occupation.

The woman in the video said she has Japanese kids so we can assume that she probably married a Japanese man which made the entire simplified naturalization a lot faster.

• No the five year rule is that one has to be living in Japan for 5 years before they're eligible for citizenship regardless of occupation.

The woman in the video said she has Japanese kids so we can assume that she probably married a Japanese man which made the entire simplified naturalization a lot faster.

Valdes from what I know has been in Japan since the beginning of her HS years so she should be eligible already. What I want to know is if she already acquired her citizenship. I was thinking that she probably already got it last year and since she's not playing this season probably wants to transfer to a better team to up her chances of getting into the nt.

• Valdes from what I know has been in Japan since the beginning of her HS years so she should be eligible already. What I want to know is if she already acquired her citizenship. I was thinking that she probably already got it last year and since she's not playing this season probably wants to transfer to a better team to up her chances of getting into the nt.

If Acosta couldn't play on the same team as Valdes one year and then could play on the same team as her the next means she is no longer registered as a "foreigner"

Whatever that means, I dunno

• I want a full plate of upsets tonight :box:

• X(

Sorry, that's just how I roll, but I thought you'd be down for a JT win ?(