Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Of course it's banned it's a manual that encourages toxic behavior. It's about complete and utter control of everything mind body people money success everything but in such a brutal and soulless manner. Not the most subtle but very overrated university material that many professors use for debate purposes. I hate everything about it. It gives you so much anxiety but I'm curious how it comes off when translated to Japanese the tone may be a little bit softer

Japan is famous for it's "my pace" Ikigai stay true to yourself motto which is the opposite of this book. It aggressively teaches you to have all that power from within.

For example Law 22: Surrender Tactic transform weakness into power

It's insane to even think that surrendering gives you more opportunity but that's exactly what it states.

Surrendering can be a tool of power. When you're weaker, surrender rather than fighting for the sake of honor. This gives you time to build strength and undermine your victor, while you wait for his power to weaken.

All the laws of the book are meant to rewire the way you think about your current ranking in whatever domain you're in. I don't agree with all of it, a lot of toxic behaviors validated indeed but some of it can be useful to make you stronger mentally. It's up to the reader to choose what they want to incorporate into their lifestyles.

• that makes no sense and goes against how people react to those with momentum? there's no guarantee that while you're waiting to recover, your rival will weaken in the process????

• that makes no sense and goes against how people react to those with momentum? there's no guarantee that while you're waiting to recover, your rival will weaken in the process????

Say that to NEC when they beat JT in the Empress Cup despite not losing a single game before that and out of nowhere NEC destroys them. That's the point, it's a state of mind. You have to always be ready to conquer the enemy because at some point they're going to show signs of weakness.

• NEC can still overthrow JT any time but SAGA isn't likely to do the same with both teams. I don't see losing Araki, Hanai and Nakagawa as a handicap for them well maybe Hanai but it will be impossible for her to catch up at this point. Their local OHs are both not at a good ace level despite being allrounders. I still don't get the hype with Nakajima she's cute but she peaked at "best rookie".

• Prestige grabbed a couple middle blockers. One tall, one small:

Cindy Chisom Ndigwe 184 from Hachio jissen and some U-Squadding

Natsu Kawatsuri 172 from Sonoda Gakuen

• Minami Takaso Rules :box:

4T not there :(

• PFU starting new Uni girl Kisa Okuma at OH (across from Minami Takaso) who is one of those who is third year I think, from Gifu Kyoritsu. She looks like a good swinger, not tall tho ... but dang, Miyu Kawazoe is dressed but didn't start, and they have two other good alternatives who are really OPs (Reina Kawasaki and Kiro Omura) ... but this means Coach must have good feels for Kisa

• Ever since someone here posted that Shion self-describes as "chunky" I can't turn back time

• I thought that was about Yoshino Nishikawa

oh, maybe it was. she has gotten a little chunky too. The post was something about the way trainers or coaches, (or fans?) think about chunky players ... and I don't see Yoshino as saying something like that, whereas Shion will say whatever the flock she wants :rolll:

• Well, that Kisa Okuma OH went 0/10 in set 1, got shuffled out but is starting set 2 :S

• Toyota come from behind , like 7-12 , staying behind 3-5 points until ... 20–22 then won the first set 28–26 against NEC. That's impressive

And it appears 4T is in the stands for PFU, just not dressed for rotation. Not sure what that means but I'm glad she didn't leave the country. I didn't really understand that announcement about staying "in country" or whatever

• PFU have a lot of players I like a lot and I can't figure out how the Coach is going to juggle them .. even now when Daly is gone, Shima is MIA, and 4T is whatever

#4 Reina Kawasaki is a power hitting receiving OP and a decent 177cm

Takasou, Omura, Anna Uemura, Miyu Kawazoe, and that new Kisa Girl all competing for an open spot that doesn't exist :rolll: it's too much

• Toyota come from behind , like 7-12 , staying behind 3-5 points until ... 20–22 then won the first set 28–26 against NEC. That's impressive

And it appears 4T is in the stands for PFU, just not dressed for rotation. Not sure what that means but I'm glad she didn't leave the country. I didn't really understand that announcement about staying "in country" or whatever

They're in their best form I've seen in ages even during Araki's time. They're rising for sure but Hitachi has their we-have-Japanese-representatives form so I guess Dark Horse goes to them for now