Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• With Nagaoka and Adams dragging SAGA didn't stand a chance

Who's responsible for signing players? The coach or the GM?

• I still think Kitamado is a promising player, but she needs a lot of court time to develop. I hope she gets her playing time in the VCup.

I initially thought it's weird that they signed Miina Inoue since she's my favorite among the MBs in the high school league and Hisamitsu already has a deep MB pool, but she is apparently listed as an OH at Hisamitsu. I hope she somehow develop in this team, although I have doubts :lol: She's a 181cm promising MB from High School.

So looking at Hisamitsu's OH roster other than Adams:

OH: Nakajima, Fukazawa, Kitamado, Miina Inoue

I feel like there really is no one ready to be the ace, at least for this season. Looking forward to what they look like next season!

• Did anybody notice Rosa almost killed Nishimura earlier

Got scared for a min I though she couldn't breathe

It looked like one of those that hit her arms or upper chest first and then banged her nose. She went down hard

• Miina Inoue since she's my favorite among the MBs in the high school league and Hisamitsu already has a deep MB pool, but she is apparently listed as an OH at Hisamitsu.

Wasn't there some story about her switching to OH the last few matches of HS?

• yeah but aside from the ohs mandai is horrible i dont see anyone breaking through if they have an equally off setter

• Wasn't there some story about her switching to OH the last few matches of HS?

I didn't see it but I did get to watch her more as MB in the games. She's listed as MB/OH in the U-squad training camps though. Considering her movement and arm swing as MB, she seems like she can be a good OH/Opp. Maybe she was just used as an MB because she's tall and Kinrankai is already loaded at MB, like Yuzuki Baba? :lol:

• Saga unraveled the moment they lost to Hitachi. That was probably the starting point of their decline. 2024 kicked in Hammy came in but it just went downhill from there. MBs clashing with each other is also such a chaotic issue for this team.

you mean during empress cup? dont you think fukazawa should go else where she's getting suffocated in this team. they still have kitamado too and once she grows better and faster than both nakajima and fukazawa they still have inoue . saga has a hoarding problem or at least their current coach does

• So looking at Hisamitsu's OH roster other than Adams:

OH: Nakajima, Fukazawa, Kitamado, Miina Inoue

The other player they picked up, Aoi Takahashi, played OH as far as I know in HS. SAGA has her listed as Libero. Never saw that happen, but Higashi tanked this past year and I didn't see them much, if at all

• you mean during empress cup? dont you think fukazawa should go else where she's getting suffocated in this team. they still have kitamado too and once she grows better and faster than both nakajima and fukazawa they still have inoue . saga has a hoarding problem or at least their current coach does

yes empress cup.

about inoue i dont know anything about her that's why i havent brought her up lol

its gonna be a real problem if nakagawa takes over as op since she's 1. done 2. weaker version of jt nishikawa 3. fanservice filler for their tiktok vids i'd like to see kitamado play op since she's the strongest of the bunch and can also receive well. but sakai ought to really exit for any change to be fully realized

• Denso did okay with their middle blocker clash. Why was it a problem for SAGA?

• saga is the team that dedicated more than 70% of their practice time to making dumbass tiktok videos of them roleplaying as vegetables and weasels i think this karma only serves them right

wth hahahaha