Men’s CEV Champions League 2024

• I was trying to find my post about how bad Trento looked and how easily Jastrzębski Węgiel would've clinched the title... That says a lot about my volleyball knowledge! :rolll::rolll:

Congratulations to Trento, I'm happy they brought the cup back in Italy. It wasn't easy to recover after that bad losses against Monza and Milano, but today they showed great focus on every single aspect of the game: from serving to blocking, from passing to defence, they really wanted to take the trophy badly. I guess not having Sbertoli (and it showed today) was the biggest problem, but Lavia not at 100% was quite important too. I'm a bit disappointed by Jastrzębski Węgiel though, not the game I was expecting from them.

• Can Trentino somehow play in Champions League 2024?

well I don’t think it ever happened that a team that won the CL couldn’t make the competition. I think they can find a way.

• well I don’t think it ever happened that a team that won the CL couldn’t make the competition. I think they can find a way.

Fenerbahce (women's team) won and didn't make CL next season

• Casalmaggiore also won the CL in 2016 but not qualify in the next edition.

I just don’t understand why CEV can’t reserve a spot for the reigning champion. That’s just stupid.

It could be actually really good but then there is a risk of having 4 Italian or Turkish teams in cl, which is not a bad think but probably the reason why Cev is not implementing this wildcard. But we really need more Italian and Turkish teams as long as Russian teams are not allowed to play in CL

• It could be actually really good but then there is a risk of having 4 Italian or Turkish teams in cl, which is not a bad think but probably the reason why Cev is not implementing this wildcard. But we really need more Italian and Turkish teams as long as Russian teams are not allowed to play in CL

Not necessarily. They can make a rule that if Italian league win cl, only 2 teams qualify plus this team.

Something similar was in football too, basically cl w can take number 3 slot if is not in top3

• Not necessarily. They can make a rule that if Italian league win cl, only 2 teams qualify plus this team.

Something similar was in football too, basically cl w can take number 3 slot if is not in top3

It wouldn't work because European Cup allocations are decided by each country's own federation. This would be an interference of Cev into local regulations and rules of federations. 3rd team who wouldn't qualify to cl would be punished unnecessarily with such a rule

• Polish fans were treating Huber like mesiah and Trentino middles ate him up in the final.

Huber is not even better than Kochanowski and Bieniek but thanks to "statistics", he is the king(!).

This is another example that statistics shouldn't be the main criteria to have conclusion in volleyball. Eye test > statistics but volleyball is just a diffucult sport to understand even for many fans.

• Huber is not even better than Kochanowski and Bieniek but thanks to "statistics", he is the king(!).

Huber is brilliant. He was already great during VNL 2023 and ECH 2023. I was surprised that Leon got MVP instead of him.

Yesterday he played bad, but all of the players had some problems with Toniutti and no one was able to carry the team.

• I think Huber is in the top 3 of the MBs right now. First bad game i saw of him.