Asian Women’s Volleyball Updates, Events and Discussions

• AUSTRALIACHINESE TAIPEIINDIAINDONESIA IRAN
    KAZAKHSTANMONGOLIAPHILIPPINESTHAILANDVIETNAM

sitenoise and I are creating this thread to cover the activities of AVC member countries and regions without their own threads. Some of us here would like to follow the progress of these teams and see them grow in strength and popularity. We initially thought about an ASEAN thread, but it soon became an ASEAN+ thread because Chinese Taipei and Mongolia also have fans here... Then we realised there were yet other fast improving teams like Iran, Kazakhstan, India and Australia. Finally, we decided to start a thread to include all AVC member countries and regions except China, Korea and Japan which have their own threads.

Post anything you like here....results of domestic leagues like the Invitationals in the Philippines, NTs selection and training, photos of your favourite players, any rumours, gossips etc. If you have some suggestions on how to improve this thread we will be very happy to hear from you. Let's make this a Happy thread ^^

Tleon volleyb Aryka DNA

WallpaperSafari

• australia and new zealand seeing that map lol

This isn't a Barbie Film. No map critiques

We actually stole the idea from you and your NORCECA Events thread :)

• Great thread! I will talk about the PVL Invitational Conference. As a quick overview, PVL or Premier Volleyball League is the professional league in the Philippines and they hold 3 conferences per year:

• All Filipino / Open Conference - All Filipino; longest conference
    • Invitational Conference - Filipino Club teams with 2 invited foreign teams starting semifinals
    • Reinforced Conference - teams will have one (or 2 depending on rules for the year) foreign player

PVL Invitational Conference is currently ongoing and is starting their Semi Finals today. For this year, the guest teams are:

Both teams will debut in the Philippines today against each other, 6:30pm PH time. :dance6:

The schedule of the games, rosters and even the livestream can be found in the PVL website : PVL Website

Note regarding the livestream - this is not really "live" but more of delayed by 15-30 minutes compared to what we see in our television locally. I think however, this is the most accessible link given there's no subscription needed and it is not geo blocked. The full video of the games are also available after the game at the PVL Youtube Channel so it's pretty easy to follow.

A game between two local teams are ongoing now, and you can check here at livestream page if it works for you: PVL LIVE

• A game between two local teams are ongoing now

These are 1080 kick ass streams! They have good Teraflex (or whatever it's called) floors, English commentary but a loud drummer

The team in yellow is F2 logistics who sports Majoy Baron :heart:<3:heart:

• This isn't a Barbie Film. No map critiques

We actually stole the idea from you and your NORCECA Events thread :)

....and if we all kept quiet, no one will notice the name ‘Kazakhstan’ missing from the map. :(

but seriously, Australia, New Zealand, Kazakhstan are well liked and respected members of the AVC family, it’s just that I’ve looked at 100 maps and not one of them covers adequately all the AVC members.. :|

avid

• ....and if we all kept quiet, no one will notice the name ‘Kazakhstan’ missing from the map. :(

but seriously, Australia, New Zealand, Kazakhstan are well liked and respected members of the AVC family, it’s just that I’ve looked at 100 maps and not one of them covers adequately all the AVC members.. :|

It's tough finding pics. Ask avid , he couldn't find a pic of anyone from Australia or New Zealand

• These PHI streams are so good, so well produced. I hate watching them :rolll: Always reminds me how lame Japan's are :wall:

• The peculiar thing about this PHI Invitational (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it's a regular PHI League Tournament until the Semifinals. That's when the two invited teams join in. So the regular four teams that would be in a normal SF are joined by the two invited teams and they play a six team Round Robin. Top two play the Final

There was some precursor to this, or something, called the PSL Super Cup in 2019 and Tsukuba won the thing :super:

• The peculiar thing about this PHI Invitational (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it's a regular PHI League Tournament until the Semifinals. That's when the two invited teams join in. So the regular four teams that would be in a normal SF are joined by the two invited teams and they play a six team Round Robin. Top two play the Final.

Yes, that's correct. Last year, it was supposed to be KingWhale (TPE) and Kobe Shinwa University (JPN), but only King Whale arrived. Kobe Shinwa Univ did not push through given some sudden COVID issues. King Whale then finished 2nd place behind Creamline Cool Smashers (starting lineup are the PH SEA Games starters).

• OMG the live stream was brilliant :cheesy:

Thank you !

• OMG the live stream was brilliant :cheesy:

Thank you !

I know ! It’s so sad :(  :white:

And Majoy lost

• The title is a bit long, maybe shorten it to "Other AVC NTs 2023" or "ASEAN+ NTs 2023".

Otherwise a very good thread to keep all the smaller teams together without having to make separate threads. :thumbup:

• The title is a bit long, maybe shorten it to "Other AVC NTs 2023" or "ASEAN+ NTs 2023".

Otherwise a very good thread to keep all the smaller teams together without having to make separate threads. :thumbup:

yes, sitenoise and I did look at these titles, including ‘AVC’ and ‘ASEAN+’ but we thought it could be much more than each countrie’s NT.

you’re right tho, the title is a little too long....:|

sitenoise

bumpsetspike

The Title was the hardest part :rolll: We spent 2-3 days working on it (partly because we're on different sides of the planet)

It's a "bit" long, not really "too" long. We want it to be as wide open as possible (Updates, Events, and Discussions) and then the whole AVC or ASEAN or ASEAN+ ... been there, done that :S

We even said "Let's just title it anything and someone will help us out with a better Title"

I'm of the mind to stick with what we have for now because we worked on it so hard :) and ... it is the most accurate thing we came up with. I'm open to changing it but you gotta do better than "Other AVC NTs 2023" or "ASEAN+ NTs 2023". :lol:

Hadn't thought about limiting it to each year :/

• Moments’ in today’s. F2 Logistics vs. PLDT match

Check out your fancy post :drink: