Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• Sb community is trying to pamper their coach’s career through fenerbahce which will be a contender for whatever competition they are in

Indeed. Sb playing games. Was Lavarini great? No but he had excuses. Ana C, Eda and Vargas was injured or was coming from injuries. Definitely deserved another chance.
    SB probably wants a coach they can control.

• i don't think Lavarini is that bad.

Their other 2 best players happened to have come from injury so they're not 100%.

I felt like Fenerbahce will be the same next season; almost there but never getting it.

The change between the two coaches has nothing to do with technical issues, but only concerns tricks and subtle maneuvers by sports agents...

Things that are now part of everyday life in football and which I am very sorry to see happen in Volleyball.. .

• But if that is the only thing that’ll keep the trio in fener, who am i to complain. This team if preserved needs minimal coaching

• Indeed. Sb playing games. Was Lavarini great? No but he had excuses. Ana C, Eda and Vargas was injured or was coming from injuries. Definitely deserved another chance.
    SB probably wants a coach they can control.

With the Final at stake, Lavarini is playing for the chance to win more in one year than Terzic did in five...

So you're right, it's not a question of results: it concerns the contract renewals of the players...

SB Community, to guarantee the renewal of the "magnificent three", simply demanded that the coach be one of its clients...

• Fenoglio is gone be head coach of Fenerbahce afterall.

I’m surprised by this change :what:

Terrible choice. Lavarini made a great job with what he had. Ana Cristina and Vargas are coming from an injury. What his fault???

This season Arina made at last a step up she became more stable and stopped getting worse into important and stressful matches. All he others are also great.

With Fenoglio things will become bad. Here in Greece people have really bad opinion about him. He had the best roster in PAOK and he was playing only with the starters . He was never calling time out no matter what and he was very obsessed with the players and with the substitutions. For example he did not like Lee Dae and he was benching her literrally for nothing . And as about these was the worst coach i have ever seen BY FAR. In the end literally all the players in the starting six were injured and all the fans of the team was saying even in instagram that in the play offs he had not tried at all and all that he was interested about was to go on holidays with his wife. Had also outbursts of anger and was cursing in italian really often . I do not know if these things was because he did not take in serious his job in Greece but what I am writing is 100% the reality with zero exaggeration. BY FAR the most strange and problematic coach I have every seen in my life. Guys from Greece here can comfirm what I said.

I hope that this transfer will not happen in the end

• With the Final at stake, Lavarini is playing for the chance to win more in one year than Terzic did in five...

Not true, Terzic won 2 trophies in his last year, Lavarini would have 2 as well IF they win finals.

Not to mention that Terzic built the team, Lavarini took over a project that was finally starting to pay off with Arina/Ana C growing more mature and gaining experience and he failed to make their duo work together for the whole season.. There was quite some time since Ana C came from injury, it’s not like she was injured during season. She trained with the team from the beggining. Not to mention Arina’s passing this year is incomparable to last year when she had to be hidden in reception so one more adventage he failed to turn into trophy.. losing to Milano was totally on him and never should’ve happened.

He wasn’t doing bad job, but comparing him to a man that built the team and finally was starting to win something with the guy who came to done job and failed is not right.

• With the Final at stake, Lavarini is playing for the chance to win more in one year than Terzic did in five...

So you're right, it's not a question of results: it concerns the contract renewals of the players...

SB Community, to guarantee the renewal of the "magnificent three", simply demanded that the coach be one of its clients...

Exactly

• Not true, Terzic won 2 trophies in his last year, Lavarini would have 2 as well IF they win finals.

absolutely have not compared the two technicians, it would be unthinkable... I'm just saying that, if you consider only the results and the conditions in which Lavarini worked this year, his job has been done and, if he brings home the championship (which is certainly not a given), his year is anything but negative...

losing to Milano was totally on him and never should’ve happened.

I don't think at all that the defeat against Milano is totally on him: Fener faced Milano in the CL semi-final, with Ana C in pitiful condition , without Eda and with Vargas returning from a very long stop... They don't seem to me like the optimal conditions to face an appointment like this...

• absolutely have not compared the two technicians, it would be unthinkable... I'm just saying that, if you consider only the results and the conditions in which Lavarini worked this year, his job has been done and, if he brings home the championship (which is certainly not a given), his year is anything but negative...

I don't think at all that the defeat against Milano is totally on him: Fener faced Milano in the CL semi-final, with Ana C in pitiful condition , without Eda and with Vargas returning from a very long stop... They don't seem to me like the optimal conditions to face an appointment like this...

And with all these less than ideal conditions they only lost in a golden set against Milano, losing a golden set can barely be considered a loss imo, a match being that close will be a case of nerves and luck coming into play, and tbf also has the Egonu factor (FB has Vargas but as you said returning from a long stop)

I was never the biggest Lavarini fan and I actually don't think FB and his coaching style are a perfect match but I don't think we can say he did badly or that Terzic did so amazing and build everything. I was critical of Terzic and I admit it was too much, but the whole Ana C. + Arina duo being a genius plan, something Terzic forever planned for and counted on is a bit dramatic overstatement imo. He literally ignored Ana completely the majority of her time in FB :rolll: He tried her near the end of the season when his team wasn't really working and she did exceptionally well and so he kept that squad. I think in fact when Ana and Arina first got in a team together we expected them to play together way before Terzic actually decided to do so :/

• absolutely have not compared the two technicians, it would be unthinkable... I'm just saying that, if you consider only the results and the conditions in which Lavarini worked this year, his job has been done and, if he brings home the championship (which is certainly not a given), his year is anything but negative...

Yeah, I didn’t say he did terrible job either but certainly there are ways to look at it and see the failure there cosnidering he took over arguably strongest team in Europe (matched inly by Imoco)

Milano played with injured Orro, nothing is excuse for their poor performance there. Fetisova had amazing match as well nevermind that Eda was not there and they had Stysiak who performed well all season.. It’s mostly on Lavarini imo and I didn’t say he deserves to be fire for that but he defenitely didn’t do good job with this team and he isn’t the best fit for their system either.

• Lavarini's fault was benching Fetisova and Anna C in easy games. Vargas, fine. She just came from recovery but Anna C was brewing on the bench while almost fully recovered.

also, i keep on wondering why Eda had to be on all the freaking time.

The biggest factor really with Milan was Anna C and Fetisova. If only there was longer integration before.

I thought Lavarini will be the next Tersic actually. Staying for a long time.

• Sb community is trying to pamper their coach’s career through fenerbahce which will be a contender for whatever competition they are in

SB community have a lot of not very likable business movements let's say hyper correctly, but tbh if there wasn't SB, Fenerbahce wouldn't be able to have this lineup at all.

• SB community have a lot of not very likable business movements let's say hyper correctly, but tbh if there wasn't SB, Fenerbahce wouldn't be able to have this lineup at all.

Well it doesn't excuse them to be impolite and unkind!! :cursing::read:

• Well it doesn't excuse them to be impolite and unkind!! :cursing::read:

Well i didn't make an excuse for them :lol:, just a fact that no one mentioned ever.

• SB community have a lot of not very likable business movements let's say hyper correctly, but tbh if there wasn't SB, Fenerbahce wouldn't be able to have this lineup at all.

why wouldn't they? It is not like those players would have never played volleyball without SB. there would have been other agencies representing these players if there wasn't SB