2024 CEV European League

• The Czech coaching staff around Giannis Athanasopoulos has also already announced the expanded squad for the European League. If you compare the squad with last year (European Championships and Olympic qualification), there are no real surprises.

S: Květa Grabovská (2002), Kateřina Pelikánová (2004), Nicole Šmídová (1999), Kateřina Valková (1996)

MB: Lucie Blažková (2003), Magdaléna Jehlářová (2000), Ema Kneiflová (2002), Ela Koulisiani (2002), Silvie Pavlová (1997)

OH: Magdalena Bukovská (2003), Klára Faltínová (1997), Helena Havelková (1988), Eva Hodanová (1993), Kateřina Kuníková (2001), Michaela Mlejnková (1996), Denisa Pavlíková (2001)

OPP: Monika Brancuská (2004), Gabriela Orvošová (2001)

L: Daniela Digrinová (2000), Veronika Dostálová (1992), Barbora Chaloupková (2003), Lucie Kolářová (2000)

Link: Širší nominace RD žen - GEL 2024

• Excellent roster

I think slovenia and czech republic were the teams that surprised in the world at 2023

I knew Havelkova gonna help their team with her experience but she was the main player of the team at her age,adding great performances of valkova,orvosova and mjelnkova

Czech republic is my favourite to get the VNL ticket

• S: Barbora Koseková (1994), Lucia Sedláčková (1999), Anna Kohútová (2003)

OH: Karin Palgutová (1993), Maria Žernovič (1993), Karolína Fričová (2000), Zuzana Šepeľová (1999), Nikola Radosová (1992), Lucia Herdová (2000), Simona Jelínková (2001), Deana Valentová (2005)

U: Karin Šunderlíková (1999), Diana Návratová (2003), Zuzana Písečná (1997), Michaela Jančová (2003)

B: Katarína Kormendyová (1999), Tereza Hrušecká (2002), Ema Smiešková (2003), Nina Boledovičová (2004),

L: Michaela Pállová (1999), Skarleta Jančová (1997), Ema Magdinová (1999), Zuzana Justhová (2004)

Yesterday the Slovenská volejbalová federácia announced the official squad for the Golden League in an article. When it comes to the cuts, it is noticeable that national coach Michal Mašek has to do without three important players. So said Nikola Radosová. as has often been the case in recent years, their participation in the national team season. In addition, Maria Žernovič and Michaela Pállová will not complete the national team season either.

S; Barbora Koseková (1994), Lucia Sedláčková (1999), Anna Kohútová (2003)

OH: Karin Palgutová (1993), Karolína Fričová (2000), Zuzana Šepeľová (1999), Lucia Herdová (2000), Simona Jelínková (2001), Nina Dreisigová (2006)

U: Karin Šunderlíková (1999)

B: Katarína Kormendyová (1999), Tereza Hrušecká (2002), Ema Smiešková (2003), Nina Boledovičová (2004), Barbora Truchlá (2006)

L: Skarleta Jančová (1997), Ema Magdinová (1999), Zuzana Justhová (2004)

Barbora Truchlá (2006, middle block), Deana Valentová (2005, outsite hitter), Marína Siládiová (2005, opposite) are also available as replacements.

Link: Tréner slovenský žien Mašek je na reprezentačnú sezónu motivovaný

• Spain wide roster:

S: Patricia Aranda (1979), Raquel Lázaro (2000), Ariadna Priante (2003)

O: Julia de Paula (2005), Raquel Montoro (2003), Paola Martínez (1998), Alejandra Pérez (2004)

MB: Lucía Varela (2003), Carlota García (1992), Lola Hernández (2003), Carla Jiménez (2002), Jessica Akamere (2005)

OH: María Segura (1992), María Schlegel (1993), Zoi Mavrommatis (2005), Lucía Prol (1999), Carolina Camino (2003), Paula Carpintero (1999)

L: Patricia Llabrés (1996), Marga Pizá (2000), Isabel Barón (2000).

• I forgot Spain gonna be a rival to defeat after that good Eurovolley

Amazing the presence of Aranda (!) 45 years and Segura (did she just retired from volleyball?)

I like both opp de Paula and Montoro

• I forgot Spain gonna be a rival to defeat after that good Eurovolley

Amazing the presence of Aranda (!) 45 years and Segura (did she just retired from volleyball?)

I like both opp de Paula and Montoro

Yes, Segura has already ended her club career and then quit completely after the national team season.

• Is aranda oldest active player competing in NT?😱

• What's up with Azerbaijan? They're supposed to play their first matches this week but on CEV site there isn't even a team roster of them :|

Great question. Another question-mark is Slovakia as their prime minister Robert Fico was attacked yesterday with several bullets and later put into medical induced coma in a life-threatening condition. In case he passes away, then I wonder if Slovakia will play this weekend. Even as it stands right now, they cannot realistically be very focused on sport given the tensions.

• Austria is a disgrace to the Golden League. They are immensely sloppy.

Galic, their 200 cm tall opposite, is unable to kill a single ball. Her smashes are unfortunalety devoid of any power and she lacks ability to score either through tips or through hands in the block, then one is in seriously deep waters. She would have benefited from being more aggressive and take greater risks in her attack, imo. Her greatest liability is that she is too cautious and tries to avoid errors at all cost.

• god match and sweden win in tie break against spain

Spain what a difficult start as next rival is belgium

With this win sweden move 2 pos in WR important as they could qualify to next WCH

• what are the chances of bella carrying sweden into vnl this time?

Well the best option is to win golden league and challenger but is so hard as there are so good teams are Argentina,Belgium,Czechia

Other option is toward world ranking but this is the hardest as they need to win already 40 points from now and I think it's not possible as golden league gives only few points and challenger cup are only 3 games

• god match and sweden win in tie break against spain

Spain what a difficult start as next rival is belgium

With this win sweden move 2 pos in WR important as they could qualify to next WCH

Spain played decent. It's a pity Julia de Paula has a minor injury. Let's see what they can do tomorrow against Belgium

• now that I see belgium on schedule I remember that their coach was sanctioned for one year and it was prior to golden league or at the beggining but in May IIRC so I hope he didn't retake his position of coach