Japan Women's NT 2024

• The wide roster submitted to VNL are already available at the website earlier - maximum 30 players can be submitted.

So other than the 24 registered players, here are the 6 additional names. It won't matter since they will not play, but just interesting to see :lol:

Miyabe

Aoyagi, Kinoe

Sakae, Shibata, Tsukada

It's weird that it seems like the list aren't there anymore, but most of the teams have their list there earlier :rolll:

• who are kinoe and tsukada?

• I wish Shibata was drafted. Seki has very low awareness of her opponents on the other side and priotizes where koga will hit which most of the time is 3 seconds late that the other side is ready to block and Koga isnt any good with swerving the ball’s trajectory once she swings

• 18 players in the USA training camp. They will head to Turkey after this.

Setter

• Koyomi Iwasaki (34, Saitama Ageo Medics)
    • Tamaki Matsui (26, Japan Volleyball Association)
    • Nanami Seki (24, Japan Volleyball Association)

Outside hitter/Opposite

• Arisa Inoue (28, Victorina Himeji)
    • Mizuki Tanaka (28, JT Marvelous)
    • Sarina Koga (27, NEC Red Rockets)
    • Ai Kurogo (25, Saitama Ageo Medics)
    • Fuyumi Hawi Okumu Oba (25, Hitachi Astemo Rivale)
    • Kotona Hayashi (24, JT Marvelous)
    • Mayu Ishikawa (23, Ilbizonte Italy)
    • Yukiko Wada (22, JT Marvelous)

Middle Blocker

• Aya Watanabe (33, Japan Volleyball Association)
    • Airi Miyabe (25, Victorina Himeji)
    • Nichika Yamada (24, NEC Red Rockets)
    • Ayaka Araki (22, Hisamitsu Springs)

Libero

• Akane Yamagishi (33, Saitama Ageo Medics)
    • Manami Kojima (29, NEC Red Rockets)
    • Satomi Fukudome (26, Denso Airybees)

https://newsdig.tbs.co.jp/articles/-/1141901

• Like some of you guys have said during the vleague finals Hayashi had some sort of ankle injury which she might still be recovering from? as per the last tbs article volleyb posted. Maybe that's why she's not getting promoted as she should be so instead we're seeing more of koga seki and kuro. I hate it

• Like some of you guys have said during the vleague finals Hayashi had some sort of ankle injury which she might still be recovering from? as per the last tbs article volleyb posted. Maybe that's why she's not getting promoted as she should be so instead we're seeing more of koga seki and kuro. I hate it

The women's team doesn't actually have an established official trinity. It should be Koga Mayu and Hayashi as shown in Mizuno's Mugen campaign but Manabe confirmed during the roster press conference that there is no trinity and that is why capcom did not prepare marketing for the women's team since the last trinity for capcom was koga mayu inoue

• The women's team doesn't actually have an established official trinity. It should be Koga Mayu and Hayashi as shown in Mizuno's Mugen campaign but Manabe confirmed during the roster press conference that there is no trinity and that is why capcom did not prepare marketing for the women's team since the last trinity for capcom was koga mayu inoue

Marketing aside, what I have a problem with is Kurogo's biased insertion to who should be the faces of this Olympic roster. Unless Manabe doesn't give a shit anymore and will just let this play out. We might as well call it as it is, throwing Kurogo under the bus so if this fails once again she'll be under fire. It's also not fair to Hayashi that first Inoue blocks her and now Kurogo she should've just sit this one out

• Marketing aside, what I have a problem with is Kurogo's biased insertion to who should be the faces of this Olympic roster. Unless Manabe doesn't give a shit anymore and will just let this play out. We might as well call it as it is, throwing Kurogo under the bus so if this fails once again she'll be under fire. It's also not fair to Hayashi that first Inoue blocks her and now Kurogo she should've just sit this one out

Manabe could be preserving Hayashi's condition. I don't know

But what I think you're annoyed about won't matter that much. The women's team have not yet qualified but if they do qualify and they do well not necessarily anything miraculous but should they do well during VNL all the way to the Olympics then what will matter will be the next cycle post-Paris where it will be determined who the main characters are. Right now nobody aside from old fans are paying attention. Results have to happen here. Having Hayashi/Kurogo literally whoever front this roster will mean absolutely nothing next cycle unless they have something to base it on.

• Yall should worry about the 3rd leg being held in Japan and if they fail to qualify while playing in their own country then it'll be a repeat of Tokyo only 10x worse since they haven't qualified

• Yall should worry about the 3rd leg being held in Japan and if they fail to qualify while playing in their own country then it'll be a repeat of Tokyo only 10x worse since they haven't qualified

Exactly! then WHY did Manabe have to bring Kurogo knowing full well she blew it during Tokyo?!?! what part of not repeating the same mistakes does Manabe not grasp

What exactly did she do in the league that puts her in that position during such a crucial time when they haven't qualified?

• why are the girls in the us when their first match is in turkey? shouldn't they have gone straight to turkey? some of the teams are already in turkey like poland

they are scheduled to have a practice match with usa but i only found usa vs netherlands

• why are the girls in the us when their first match is in turkey? shouldn't they have gone straight to turkey? some of the teams are already in turkey like poland

they are scheduled to have a practice match with usa but i only found usa vs netherlands

either they were invited or manabe/jva arranged their warm up match with team usa after that they can head straight to turkey still plenty of time

• where can i watch it