Japan Women's NT 2024

• Who is this new setter ? What is she like

It's Koyomi Tominaga. She's like 35 years old

• Who is this new setter ? What is she like

I'm not sure which one you're talking about but if it's Iwasaki she used to go by Tominaga. Played with the A Team during the 2018 WCh, also played for Lardini in Italy that very same year.

I actually thought she's gotten a little slower compared to her shape in 2018 but she's clever with her middles / quicks and I just know she's not gonna force Koga or whoever on the right to get cornered like Seki does. Isn't good with dumps, defense is kinda horrible not a mover, standard serve

• they won 1st 2 sets but who are the starters for team USA? 🤔 i mean most of their players are still on vacation. Are they using coaches or college players?

• they won 1st 2 sets but who are the starters for team USA? 🤔 i mean most of their players are still on vacation. Are they using coaches or college players?

Some of the team A players are already there. JT Marvelous and NEC girls have photos with Annie and SWP.

But it doesn't matter anyway. It's just a practice game, so personally, I don't really care if they won or not or who they played against since for sure it's not complete and not as serious as real competitions :lol: I'm mostly just interested on the combinations of players Japan tried.

• If you guys are paying attention you'd know that Erika's favorite is definitely Araki Jr. That might be the only reason she's in the NT right now. Her performance with the NT was sloppy with back to back errors but she's very aggressive and is unphased against tougher opponents so that should be a basis. She does have potential but she's too injury-prone and she barely played last season

Let's see if she's less of a hot mess this time

• if they took out one more libero during the olympics they might as well drop out now.

Isn't it common practice to field only one libero in the Olympics? I've noticed that the typical roster composition in the Olympics is 4 OH + 2 OP + 3 MB + 2 S + 1 L = 12 players. I've never seen a team with two liberos, except for Zayasu and Risa Sato together in Rio 2016 (Zayasu was a substitute for reception, not really played as a libero).

• Isn't it common practice to field only one libero in the Olympics? I've noticed that the typical roster composition in the Olympics is 4 OH + 2 OP + 3 MB + 2 S + 1 L = 12 players. I've never seen a team with two liberos, except for Zayasu and Risa Sato together in Rio 2016 (Zayasu was a substitute for reception, not really played as a libero).

It is not common indeed but Turkey might get second libero because we don't need second Opp (Ebrar is originally Opp).

• Weird that Ishikawa hit 42% to Koga's 40%. Granted Koga took a lot more swings but I thought Mayu didn't look very good. I guess block outs aren't as impressive as straight kills?

I also need Yamada to swing harder. She seemed reserved to me, although 6/11 @55% is okay. A couple blocks

Araki 2/2 and a block. Watanabe had 3 blocks but 1/11. She will improve on that

I think Hayashi can do better than 8/29

TUR was a little short handed but it was a really fun match. Kojima is a force :box: and Iwasaki is my mama :rose:

• weird that hayashi was a little short though could it be because of tominaga's distribution?

i know with miyashita in the past her tosses go hard on the right, with momii her focus is on the left.