World League 2008

• Quote from "Nastja"

Everybody can say his opinion here and i please u to stay respectful and to keep the right tone!
    It's not the first time that you exaggerate! so please, dont react to offended by anything posted here

Thanks

I'm sorry, it seems that you didn't understand me. But what I wanted to say was that it's important for poland and any other considered strong team to be assured to go to the finals, and sometimes this is not assured ( like the case with Spain, Bulgaria, Finland, USA). But poland KNOWS that will play in the finals, it's the same like this year when we were in one group, you KNEW you are at the final, we also KNEW, although we had to assure ourselfs the qualifiying. I mean that when you know you are going to play at the finals, you are more calm and at in the finals you may make a better performance. I am really sorry if I had insulted someone, the game is for people after all, so I'm sorry.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

I'm sorry, it seems that you didn't understand me. But what I wanted to say was that it's important for poland and any other considered strong team to be assured to go to the finals, and sometimes this is not assured ( like the case with Spain, Bulgaria, Finland, USA). But poland KNOWS that will play in the finals, it's the same like this year when we were in one group, you KNEW you are at the final, we also KNEW, although we had to assure ourselfs the qualifiying. I mean that when you know you are going to play at the finals, you are more calm and at in the finals you may make a better performance. I am really sorry if I had insulted someone, the game is for people after all, so I'm sorry.

Ok, but I didn't write anything about final. I only wrote that for me would be better see matches Poland against USA, Finland and Spain than against China, Japan, Egypt.
    Most of matches WL (in Poland) i watch 'live', sometimes I must go 200-300 km and is more interesting watch matches with Finland - my fav country (i wrote about it in other topic), USA - revange for 'bronze medal match' WL07 :wink2: and Spain - European Champion. Even if that would be means that we won't play in final (ok, i'm a little bit egoistic :D ).

• Quote from "Justyna"

Ok, but I didn't wrote anything about final. I only wrote that for me would be better see matches Poland against USA, Finland and Spain than against China, Japan, Egypt.
    Most of matches WL (in Poland) i watch 'live', sometimes I must go 200-300 km and is more interesting watch matches with Finland - my fav country (i wrote about it in other topic), USA - revange for 'bronze medal match' WL07 :wink2: and Spain - European Champion. Even if that would be means that we won't play in final (ok, i'm a little bit egoistic :D ).

Haha, ok, I just assumed as a fact that the most important is playing in the final. I don't say that polish people don't want seeing poland in the final, don't blame me :wink2: But for me the other team it's not important, only Bulgarian team matters.

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Quote from "Nastja"

yeah i think everybody in this forum noticed that already....

I'm sorry if I had been irritating for someone, I just love my country and my team. :)

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Haha, ok, I just assumed as a fact that the most important is playing in the final.

For me final WL 2008 (in year when are OG) isn't so important because:
    1st version - if Poland will be play in OG
    Final WL is from 23 - 27 July, OG starts on 10 August. I don't know, but I think that's too short time especially when final WL is in Brazil, OG in China.
    2nd version - if Poland won't be play in OG
    As I wrote I'm a little bit egoistic :P so I would be want see matches against my fav teams in Poland, because i can't go to Brazil (:

• Quote from "Justyna"

would be better see matches Poland against USA, Finland and Spain than against China, Japan, Egypt.

I completely agree with you. WL is an opportunity to see great team playing against each other without having to wait for your country organizing some special event.

Konrad already point out that WL is more a commercial event than a sport event. With all those wild cards and organizing countries being automatically qualified, it can't be considered as something fair at any rate.

I was more annoyed when I saw last years pools in the World Championship, with the Poland/Serbia/Russia group being so easy compared with the Brazil/Bulgaria/France/Italy/USA/Germany/Czech Republic/Cuba one .

• Quote from "Justyna"

For me final WL 2008 (in year when are OG) isn't so important because:
    1st version - if Poland will be play in OG
    Final WL is from 23 - 27 July, OG starts on 10 August. I don't know, but I think that's too short time especially when final WL is in Brazil, OG in China.
    2nd version - if Poland won't be play in OG
    As I wrote I'm a little bit egoistic :P so I would be want see matches against my fav teams in Poland, because i can't go to Brazil (:

I understand everything except one thing. If poland don't go to the OG, why don't you want playing at the finals and have a chance to win WL and save the season, as it is called.

• Because for me isn't so important who will win WL. As Armel wrote "WL is more a commercial event than a sport event". Ok, is nice see favourite team on 1st place, but I'm fan of volleyball not polish nt only (:

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

I'm sorry, it seems that you didn't understand me. But what I wanted to say was that it's important for poland and any other considered strong team to be assured to go to the finals, and sometimes this is not assured ( like the case with Spain, Bulgaria, Finland, USA). But poland KNOWS ...

i understand you don't like us, but if you are supposed to write like that, please don't write anything

• Quote from "Youstyna"

i understand you don't like us, but if you are supposed to write like that, please don't write anything

Yes, I have also noticed that. Maybe they don't have big "P" font in Bulgaria :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Hey, it's not on purpose, of course I have "P", I just missed that. Youstina, I don't hate the NT of Poland, to be honest there are other teams which I dislike, but not hate. I respect the polish people but I can't be their supporter, as I said when Bulgaria is playing against a team, or just playing against other good teams (like Poland) I can only support my team, I think is clear.

• I'm REALLY happy the finals are going to be held in my hometown. I'll watch ALL matches live.... :lol: :lol:

It'll be vacation period here in Brazil so you can expect a huge crowd at the matches.

I'm happy I will finally be able to watch Poland play live because they are currently my second favorite team.

Considering the final will be in Brazil, I suppose our players are going to play it seriously. Our presentation in Katowice was so-so. Dante was not playing well at all and Giba was not having a good week either.....

• Russia will create a new and huge upset next year, just like last time.

• Quote from "Russkii"

Russia will create a new and huge upset next year, just like last time.

LMAO....

Let's face it: Russian male NT is as frustrating as Brazilian female NT.

That Russian victory was not nice, but our payback was much better. 15-13 at the World Chapionship's 2002 final match with an ace by Giovane to close the tie break and the match....

I think it is fair: Russia wins the female competitions and Brazil wins the male competitions.

Good things is: I LOVE male volleyball and I don't really like female volleyball that much.... :lol:

Good things is: I LOVE male volleyball and I don't really like female volleyball that much....

Yeah, some people only like it when they win. How convinient!

But let's face the truth, you are still very far away from our three OG gold medals and SIX WCH gold medals. :lol:
    Maybe in 100 years from now you can hope to be compared to us. ;)
    And I am only talking about male NT, because if we are to mention female NT, then we have four more OG gold medals and another SIX WCH gold medals. Haha, sorry.

Anyway, without Ricardo - if he doesn't come back - you are FINISHED! I am not saying your NT isn't good without him, but he was what set Brazil apart from the other NT. Now, without him, Russia, Bulgaria and Poland are at least as good as Brazil, all of them have the same chances of winning.
    We will see in the World Cup. ;)

• Quote from "Russkii"

Yeah, some people only like it when they win. How convinient!

But let's face the truth, you are still very far away from our three OG gold medals and SIX WCH gold medals. :lol:
    Maybe in 100 years from now you can hope to be compared to us. ;)
    And I am only talking about male NT, because if we are to mention female NT, then we have four more OG gold medals and another SIX WCH gold medals. Haha, sorry.

Anyway, without Ricardo - if he doesn't come back - you are FINISHED! I am not saying your NT isn't good without him, but he was what set Brazil apart from the other NT. Now, without him, Russia, Bulgaria and Poland are at least as good as Brazil, all of them have the same chances of winning.
    We will see in the World Cup. ;)

I NEVER really liked female volleyball for real! Sometimes I watch Olympic finals and whatnot, but definetely not obsessed like I'm about male volleyball.

Anyway, there's a long way until we reach Beijing, so if we think we cannot handle it, we can always call Ricardo back.

Let's get something straight here. I've always appreciated everything the USSR has done for volleyball and how many amazing athlets you have.

I just don't know why some people hate the Brazilian NT that much :?

We never go looking for confusion and we always respect our opponents...

Regarding the OG medals, we already have two golds. We can reach you next year.... :wink2:

• After getting visa for the Olympic games, Bulgaria will have another aim in this Wolrd League, although this doesn't mean that we won't play for the win in every match - it's just the opposite. The last news is that the oldest and more experienced players in the bulgarian team such as Plamen Konstantinov, Evgeni Ivanov and Vladimir Nikolov most probably will miss the World League 2007 in order to have more time for rest and so the young talanted players in the bulgarian team to have a chance to play. :)

• And Ruskii, I was reading the posts before and I saw your opinion about Brazil playing without Ricardo in the World Cup, as you see they've won the competition again. I congratulate them on their success and I am a liitle bit sorry that Bulgaria is not on their place, but there is time for everything. ;)