World League 2008

• Hi Konrad......

Don't be disappointed...... I am a fan of the Polish team as well even if I am not Polish (I am from Philippines BTW). I really like the Polish players specially the big three hitters Wlazly, Winiarsky and Swiderski and also your very smart setter Zagumny. They are so exciting to watch makes me love volleyball even more. It's better to lose and learn from their mistakes in the less worldly "World League Tournament" than to lose and wait another 4 years in the very important games in OLYMPICS.

I am rooting for the USA though in the WL Finals..... and I am starting to like the new set of players from Serbia as well. May the best team wins.

• Russia won over Brazil 3:1 :what:

I still cant believe. Is this Brazil's lowest defeat in WL history? 4th place.. :what:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Brasil - Russia 1-3 (23-25, 19-25, 25-23, 19-25)

Finally, the long serie of 9 defeats of Russia to Brasil in a row is broken! :thumbup:

• It is ironic how Brasil is starting the end of their era infront of their home crowd. And it is not the result, it's the team they lost by. It's Russia but without Berezhko, without Poltavskiy and most importantly without Khamuttskhik. Everybody knows what a setter Grankin is, I mean the guy practically lost a whole tournament by himself. And that was a tournament specifically arranged to be won by Dinamo Moscow. I wonder for how long Alekno will keep on tourchering his team and all russian supporters with Grankin. But let him, this is giving the chance to all the others. Tonight it maight be Serbia, in a less then a month it maight be someone else.

• I can`t watch the match, but result is surprising :wacko:
    2 Sets to 19 paints :wacko:

I hope someone to watch the match and comment what mistake make Brazil and what Russian make to win with this result.

• Of course I was joking about the score, but I am very surprised Russia won. Brazilian team always recovers well and fast from losses, unlike Russian team...

I remember I said after our loss in the WC we would never beat Brazil as long as we handed the game to them - I refer to making 8-9 server mistakes in a single set. Today Russian service was better than ever; surprisingly, Brazil made more server mistakes than Russia, and coincidentally or not, we won the match... I hope the guys have this on mind in the OG.

Mikhailov played great. Replaced Poltavsky in the same level, and served a lot better than him. Maybe Russia would had lost with Poltavsky, because his services are always horrible against Brazil.

Anyway, this bronze medal does nothing to me, and it adds nothing to Russian volleyball History. It was important because we could beat Brazil - very hungry for a medal - playing in Brazil, but only for that.

But the more important match for me is yet to come. Go Serbia!

Found,

Russia played most of the match without Berezhko because Alekno is an idiot. About Grankin, yeah, he is worse than his counterparts - Marcelo, Grbic, Ball, Zagumny - but he improved a bit - his main problem is that he moves very slowly - and since Khamutsky haven't played decently since WL 07, and considering he is 38, maybe that's the best option.

• Ruskii, may be Alekno is not an idiot, may be he is just keeping his aces for the Olimpics, something many coaches do. What I ment about Grankin is that he is obviously not a good match for Khamuttskikh replacement. I can not imagine there is no other option but Grankin, come on you are 150 million there. Anyway congrats.

• Brasil - Russia 1-3 (23-25, 19-25, 25-23, 19-25)

Finally, the long serie of 9 defeats of Russia to Brasil in a row is broken! :thumbup:

:dance6: i know that not olympic games and wl isn't so important and thats 'only' 3rd place, but i'm really happy that russia won this match :dance6:
    now i crossed my fingers for a serbia and not only because of sport reson :whistle: :roll:

• USA 3 - 1 Serbia (26-24, 23-25, 25-23, 25-22)

The match was pretty close but the US team was more competent at the end of the sets. They deserved the victory.

Congrats to the US Team!

World League Final Ranking:

1. USA
    2. Serbia
    3. Russia
    4. Brazil

• Congrats for USA :thumbup: . They played very well all their matches on the finals, so no doubt deserved the tittle. Congrats for Serbia too, cause they were also great and very strong opponent. I think the match was exciting and both teams were doing their best to win the final. Great fight especially in defense and big chances for the OG. Well I prefered Serbia to win :D but as I already said USA played fantastic and absolutely deserved to win :drink:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• About Priddy, I also think that he had to be the MVP ;)

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• I don't agree with your opinion ;) First match was very bad, and 2nd one also not perfect. I also disagree with award for Ball as a MVP. I think that Priddy should get it.

I had this feeling Miljkovic would earn the MVP if Serbia won, and Ball if the USA won. I think it is deserved, he is currently the best setter of the world.

Serbia could had won. As Celso said, the USA had the edge on the end of the sets, even though Serbia was leading. It is truly a pity, I think Serbia deserved, I am very upset, but it was a great match at least.

• I had this feeling Miljkovic would earn the MVP if Serbia won, and Ball if the USA won. I think it is deserved, he is currently the best setter of the world.

Generally yes, but when we look only on this tournament his game wasn't so good especially in 1st and 2nd match. And we don't talk here about award for best setter but MVP.

• Ruskii, may be Alekno is not an idiot, may be he is just keeping his aces for the Olimpics, something many coaches do. What I ment about Grankin is that he is obviously not a good match for Khamuttskikh replacement. I can not imagine there is no other option but Grankin, come on you are 150 million there. Anyway congrats.

Don't be so surprised. We can't find anyone better than Sheshenina and Akulova either, and I assure you they are both much worse than Grankin.

Justyna,

I know it is a tough call to award a setter as the MVP, but I don't think it is undeserved. He is the brain of the US team, the one who makes the difference. By the way, I would rather award Miljkovic than Priddy, even though he lost.

• Brazil played really bad yesterday against USA..and today against Russia B....but I don't think is the end of this team...well...was the first time in 8 years that Brasil was out of the Cerimony awards!!!!!!Thats huge for some team to make it...so I don't think it will end just lke that the team...they have they merith for making that...!!!!I still believe the guys...but they have to improve a lot...but I'm kind of woried thinking that Olympic Games starts in two weeks!!!

Serbia was playing really well the hole competition....but USA were better today....they are really strong as a team!!! I think was deserved the results....for what I see...

Russia was definetly hiding the game....

Brazilian people had fall in love by Serbian guys....really...all of them...and Geric was making funny for the crowd...so people just went crazy!!! :lol: ...they are really sweat!!!!
    I'm sad they didn't win...cause they deserved....I don't like USa team very much...althought I agree they are very capaple of...and really strong....I don't like the way they think to much of theirselfs...coming close to arrogance! But they definetly deserved to be champions...

• A lot of setters have claimed MVP award recently

Feng was MVP in the 2004 OG, Takeshita was MVP in the 2006 WC (totally undeserved but...)

Ricardinho was awarded MVP in the last WL... and now Lloy Ball...

I just wish Brazil hadn't played so poorly right before the OG.... I hope they can overcome this loss and claim teh OG title for the third time...