European Olympic Qualification

• Wow, Seshesina and Kryuchkova are back. Our problems are solved. :roll:

I agree with you! They won't solve any problem.

I think Artamonova could solve some problems of Russian team, certainly in reception and defence. Zhenya and Ljuba are the best defenders and receivers of Russian team

• It's unbelievable. I can't believe there isn't a SINGLE setter in the WHOLE of Russia who is better than those two... I am not even asking for a GOOD one, a mediocre setter will suffice.

There certainly are, but Caprara is so stubborn with Akulova and Sheshenina. He once said that Akulova was his bet, as well as Kryuchkova.

• It's unbelievable. I can't believe there isn't a SINGLE setter in the WHOLE of Russia who is better than those two... I am not even asking for a GOOD one, a mediocre setter will suffice.

Even that white elephant called CAROLINA (Brazil's former setter) would work wonders for Russia.

The only so so match Akulova played was the final of the World Championships. In the first match against Brazil she was a joke!

• Nick and Russkii, if you want we give you Lo Bianco and you give us Sokolova or Gamova. :lol: Nice exchange :drink:

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll give you Fofao and Walewska and you can give us Gamova.... :thumbup:

Don't listen him! :lol: I rise the offer: Lo Bianco and Cardullo for Sokolova

• I can't give you guys Sokolva or Gamova, but I give you Godina for Lo Bianco or Fofão. ;)

Hehe, I should have guessed that Ljuba and Katja have no prices. :) They are too valuable.

But if it was possible I would exchange Lo Bianco for an injury free Godina. When Gosha is on, her serves litteraly destroy the other team reception (as we have seen at WCH06). Gosha spikes are powerful and a real challenge for the other team defence. Plus she is my second fav Russian player after Ljuba. So I will really welcome Gosha in Italian NT.(BTW, her boyfriend is Italian, so if she marry him... ;) hehe)

Returning to the real world, the trio Ljuba-Katja-Gosha is no doubt the strongest trio in the World, that every team will want to have. I have to admit that I envy you Russkii to have such an amazing trio. And if you add also Zhenya, WOW.

• Returning to the real world, the trio Ljuba-Katja-Gosha is no doubt the strongest trio in the World, that every team will want to have. I have to admit that I envy you Russkii to have such an amazing trio. And if you add also Zhenya, WOW.

Now, samba, IMAGINE Sokolova-Godina-Gamova with a good setter.
    For the other team's sake, it's better that the Akulova sisters keep in the NT for a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:
    Otherwise, we'll start seeing multiples 25-0 in the international matches :P

Walewska I don't want even for free.

Hahaha, I totally agree with you, Russkii...

Even that white elephant called CAROLINA (Brazil's former setter) would work wonders for Russia.

While Ze Roberto is the coach, I don't think that we can say that she is "former" brazilian setter :lol: :lol: :lol:
    You know, with him, when it comes to bad surprises, everything is possible!

• Hehe, but I am only "giving" you Godina because she is no longer "injury free". ;)

Anyway, you can give away Lo Bianco because you have other fine setters. I bet your third option is better than our amazing duo.

But really, you already bought yourself a killer - Aguero - so I think you should stay with Lo Bianco and maintain your playing style. You don't need desperately one of our three anymore. Brazil needs it a lot more. ;)

• But really, you already bought yourself a killer - Aguero - so I think you should stay with Lo Bianco and maintain your playing style. You don't need desperately one of our three anymore. Brazil needs it a lot more. ;)

All our spiker are a joke.

In Brazil we call Walewska "the one who likes to shit at important matches" , Jaqueline "the one who cannot help getting blocked", Sheila "the one who can never get a pipe done at crucial moments and always spikes too long" and OF COURSE Mari, "the one who must have been hired by Russia to give all matches away".

I even had a plan to kidnap RUIZ during the Pan Games and force her to marry a brazilian guy (not me though!), so she could play for us. Nobody like my idea...

HAHAHA..... 8o

• I can't help imagining Gamova, Merkulova and Fofão in the same net! LOL! She would look like a midget between Gamova and Merkulova!

I wonder whatever happened to Vassilevskaia... she would fit perfectly in the Russian Team! If I were Caprara I would make all the efforts to convince her to come back to the Russian National Team.

I don't think Carol Albuquerque is a bad setter at all.... she just lacks international experience as the number one setter. Her serves are much better than Fofão's and when she's in the net she's not a zero in blocking like Fofão is... besides.... she's a left-handed player and she can attack pretty well, which can be an advantage for Brazil's Team. Of course Fofão makes a difference when it comes to precise, fast and unpredictable settings, but Carol is not the one to blame for Brazil's poor performance in last year's GP, for example.

I'm convinced Brazil's Team will only win an important title when our coaches stop worshiping Fernanda Venturini and Fofão and start to prepare our outside hitters to attack high-balls. We are too dependent of good settings cause our attackers can't cope with attacking high-balls. It's high time our players learned to do that.

• Hehe, I should have guessed that Ljuba and Katja have no prices. :) They are too valuable.

But if it was possible I would exchange Lo Bianco for an injury free Godina. When Gosha is on, her serves litteraly destroy the other team reception (as we have seen at WCH06). Gosha spikes are powerful and a real challenge for the other team defence. Plus she is my second fav Russian player after Ljuba. So I will really welcome Gosha in Italian NT.(BTW, her boyfriend is Italian, so if she marry him... ;) hehe)

Returning to the real world, the trio Ljuba-Katja-Gosha is no doubt the strongest trio in the World, that every team will want to have. I have to admit that I envy you Russkii to have such an amazing trio. And if you add also Zhenya, WOW.

if isn't if……

godina's serve isn't as good as WHC2006,last year we had seen a terrible RUS NT:no reception,no muro and tired players.

soko couldn't spike the ball pass the net many times from Grand Prix(Beilun)2007 to EC2007. We love soko,but we have to admit that she is down.
    these are all the fact

to Italy,I think Tai and Leo change everything,especially in speed and defence.

• This is the problema with the Russian Team. They seem not to play very well, but they always end up as a real candidate for the gold medal. I'm sure this year they will be much stronger than in 2007. The same thing happens to the Cuban Team... they had lousy results in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and ended up with the OG bronze medal in Athens. The Russia team qualified in its last chance and won the silver medal.

Russia and Cuba have a huge physical advantage. It's very hard to beat them, especially in the OG. In my opinion, this OG will be the most balanced of all history: China, Italy, USA, Russia, Cuba, Brazil and the other European Teams that qualify for the World Cup (whoever they were) have chances of winning the gold medal. I just hope Brazil doesn't lose in the te-breaker of the semifinal match like it happened in 1996, 2000 and 2004.

It's so sad to remember these matches:

Atlanta 1996 Olympic Games

Brazil 2 - 3 Cuba (15-05, 08-15, 15-10, 13-15, 12-15)

Detail: Brazil was leading 2-1 and the match was tied 13-13 in the 4th set, which Brazil lost. In the tie-breaker Cuba gave no chance to Brazil's Team.

Sydney 2000 Olympic Games

Brazil 2 - 3 Cuba (29-27, 19-25, 25-21, 19-25, 09-15)

Detail: Brazil had won the 1st set and was winning the 2nd set 16-09. Incredibly, Cuba took the lead 19-16 after scoring 10 points in a row and eventually closed the 2nd set 25-19.

Athens 2004 Olympic Games

Brazil 2 - 3 Russia (25-18, 25-21, 22-25, 26-28, 14-16)

Everybody is aware of this one.

• Nick and Russkii, if you want we give you Lo Bianco and you give us Sokolova or Gamova. :lol: Nice exchange :drink:

i think Ognjenovic or Guliyeva is enough to organizate RUS NT

lo bianco is important to Italy,Luxury to Russian

you own Aguero,so sokolova hasn't position

Gamova ,she hasn't a reception,as a oppo she isn't good at 2.

• Polish team:

Setters
    : Milena Sadurek (BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biala), Katarzyna Skorupa (Farmutil Pila)

Middles:
    Eleonora Dziekiewicz (Winiary Bakalland Kalisz), Maria Liktoras (Dynamo Moskwa), Katarzyna Gajgał (BKS)

Opposite:
    Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata (Asystel Novara)

Outside Hitters:
    Karolina Ciaszkiewicz (BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała), Anna Podolec
    (Bałakowskaja AES Balakowo), Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale (Grupo 2002
    Murcja), Anna Barańska (Winiary Bakalland Kalisz), Milena Rosner
    (Foppapedretti Bergamo)

Dorota Swieniewicz is out. She probably won't play in nt anymore...

• This is the problema with the Russian Team. They seem not to play very well, but they always end up as a real candidate for the gold medal. I'm sure this year they will be much stronger than in 2007. The same thing happens to the Cuban Team... they had lousy results in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and ended up with the OG bronze medal in Athens. The Russia team qualified in its last chance and won the silver medal.

Sometimes Russian team seem to play badly, but the fact their style of playing is not beautiful (I mean, when Russia won WCH several coaches said Brazilian volleyball was more "beautiful"...), and at the same time is more efficient (since all players have the potential to attack over the block of the adversary and have good defense when they want) makes sometimes wonder if we don't mistake being "ugly" with being "bad".

But in reality, the point is: in all championships, doesn't matter HOW you win... it matters that you win...
    Focusing and having cold-blood in the decisive moments is some sort of differential... and also, let's say that it's amazing how teams like Cuba and Russia can rise in moments of difficulty... the game against them is never lost until the very last point...

• what about mariola zenik? won't she play? and which libero will play?