Brazil NT 2013

• yes i have my not so much like team and players but i don't complain about them in exaggeration :wavy:

• No Felipe, I didnt say that the documentary says lies, I only said it doesnt tell all. ;)

It doesnt matter anyway.

I did wrong in making any comment at all. You are right iceman. Lets move on shaw we...

• hi henry,

sorry, i don't know much about the "novela" in the brazilian team. i thought sheilla is married now? interesting to know that she and mari were once "special friends." i gather it was really difficult for her when ze cut mari from the team.

thanks.

• hi guys! just a question, what did ze roberto say about mari in the video? thanks in advance! :)

"Mari was with me since she was 16. We worked together when I coached the club, then I brought her to Italy. We always were together. I always had affection for her to the point my daughters calling her my third daughter with a little jealousy"

"I said that was the moment to part company again. It happened before at the Pan American Championship and was going to happen again"

"The staff was unanimous voting she should be cut. In fact, Mari wasn't in her best conditions physically, technically and emotionally"

"To cut her hurt me, but I have no regret. I'd do it again"

• Many thanks! :)

• Dani Lins is picking up year by year and I'm very happy for her. It's really hard to be the brazilian main setter. It requires high maturity and not only good technical skills. It's why we had only two setters for a long time (Fofão and Venturini). There's no hard task understanding this. The way the team plays and makes the team to be good is, on the other hand, a challenge for the setter. There's no leading scorer in the team. Everybody could be. One day is Thaisa, the other Gabi, then Garay, Sheilla and so forth. There's no easy decision. The setter should read game by game, what's happening, who is the best spiker to each situation and it's not easy to do that. You should be focused on game all time, know very well the opponent, your teammate and suit to new conditions soon. Resume, there's no Zhu Ting in Brazil. The way she decided on Sheilla against Serbia and China, Jaqueline at the olympic final shows me how she's mentally improving. I only disliked her game against Bulgaria this year. Not because we lost, but because I thought she should have trusted Monique more. Anyway, she's been amazing and her sets distribution is extremely good. :thumbup:

• Dani Lins is picking up year by year and I'm very happy for her. It's really hard to be the brazilian main setter. It requires high maturity and not only good technical skills. It's why we had only two setters for a long time (Fofão and Venturini). There's no hard task understanding this. The way the team plays and makes the team to be good is, on the other hand, a challenge for the setter. There's no leading scorer in the team. Everybody could be. One day is Thaisa, the other Gabi, then Garay, Sheilla and so forth. There's no easy decision. The setter should read game by game, what's happening, who is the best spiker to each situation and it's not easy to do that. You should be focused on game all time, know very well the opponent, your teammate and suit to new conditions soon. Resume, there's no Zhu Ting in Brazil. The way she decided on Sheilla against Serbia and China, Jaqueline at the olympic final shows me how she's mentally improving. I only disliked her game against Bulgaria this year. Not because we lost, but because I thought she should have trusted Monique more. Anyway, she's been amazing and her sets distribution is extremely good

Yes, Dani Lins has always been my favorite setter over others (Fabiola, Fernanda Fereira, etc.) because her assists always look effortless yet always put the attacker in great position regardless of single block, double block, etc. I think she should get MVP :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Yes, Dani Lins has always been my favorite setter over others (Fabiola, Fernanda Fereira, etc.) because her assists always look effortless yet always put the attacker in great position regardless of single block, double block, etc. I think she should get MVP :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least she should get best setter... I totally disagree FIVB choice. Glass? Her sets went down in the Final Round. She get lots of running sets, but with no much quality. 1 on 1 is a good concept when you allow your hitter to spike well. If not, it's better a double block with good set because spikers always have advantage against blockers when set is good. There's more points thanks to spikes than to blocks. The hitter chose the action and is in advantage. I saw many fast sets to american hitters but hitters aren't in conditions to score. They are spiking out, on the net, block or tipping not because they want but because they need.

• At least she should get best setter... I totally disagree FIVB choice. Glass? Her sets went down in the Final Round. She get lots of running sets, but with no much quality. 1 on 1 is a good concept when you allow your hitter to spike well. If not, it's better a double block with good set because spikers always have advantage against blockers when set is good. There's more points thanks to spikes than to blocks. The hitter chose the action and is in advantage. I saw many fast sets to american hitters but hitters aren't in conditions to score. They are spiking out, on the net, block or tipping not because they want but because they need.

I have to disagree about 1 on 1 sets.. When a setter puts you in 1 on 1 situation, you can never complain about the ball.. you can never put it out or get blocked.. There are many setters who do that, but the ball is not perfect.. but hey who've got only 1 blocker up put the ball down.. maybe perfect set with the blockers up is better? No matter the circumstances when a setter puts you 1 on 1 you never blame him.. My coach said this many many times

• I have to disagree about 1 on 1 sets.. When a setter puts you in 1 on 1 situation, you can never complain about the ball.. you can never put it out or get blocked.. There are many setters who do that, but the ball is not perfect.. but hey who've got only 1 blocker up put the ball down.. maybe perfect set with the blockers up is better? No matter the circumstances when a setter puts you 1 on 1 you never blame him.. My coach said this many many times

True, but Dani Lins had many still sets that came with kills. I think Glass got top setter more because of the sheer number of sets rather than quality. I don't think 1-on-1 is as important if the quality/situation is not good. So I don't think it matters who the blame is on, if your team lost the point, it's a point lost. No point in saying whose fault it is, remember this is a team sport :)

• I have to disagree about 1 on 1 sets.. When a setter puts you in 1 on 1 situation, you can never complain about the ball.. you can never put it out or get blocked.. There are many setters who do that, but the ball is not perfect.. but hey who've got only 1 blocker up put the ball down.. maybe perfect set with the blockers up is better? No matter the circumstances when a setter puts you 1 on 1 you never blame him.. My coach said this many many times

As a setter, I have to disagree about that. What's the use of a 1 on 1 situation when the ball is in the attacker's back or outside the antenna or so far inside that the attacker can hit only one direction so a good blocker can stop that ball even alone. For me, precision and set quality are clearly more important than creating 1 on 1 situations.

• As a setter, İstanbul have to disagree about that. What's the use of a 1 on 1 situation when the ball is in the attacker's back or outside the antenna or so far inside that the attacker can hit only one direction so a good blocker can stop that ball even alone. For me, precision and set quality are clearly more important than creating 1 on 1 situations.

True. That's why the setter ranking of FIVB is not reliable at all :down: with a very precise set, a technical spiker can make blockout easily. However, in bad quality one-to-one set, a spiker can make an easy tip only, which won't score most probably even against single block :whistle:

• I was about to cry here. ;(

• True. That's why the setter ranking of FIVB is not reliable at all :down: with a very precise set, a technical spiker can make blockout easily. However, in bad quality one-to-one set, a spiker can make an easy tip only, which won't score most probably even against single block :whistle:

What's going on here??? :lol: I did not write that originally :D

• What's going on here??? :lol: I did not write that originally :D

Writing via my smart phone doesn't seem smart indeed :lol: Sorry :aww:

• Yes, Dani Lins has always been my favorite setter over others (Fabiola, Fernanda Fereira, etc.) because her assists always look effortless yet always put the attacker in great position regardless of single block, double block, etc. I think she should get MVP :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think she should have got the MVP at the Olympics. She completely changed Brazilian team and helped a lot the attackers to play well.