Turkish NT 2017

• Time to start a new thread for the new year!

Today Guidetti was interviewed live in a terrible tv show in Trt spor. Very silly questions indeed such as asking him if such a slow Kubra should be changed to an opposite instead...His reply was, "no, Kubra has a Russian MB style and she can't play in other positions".

The translation was terrible during the entire program so it was hard to follow. Guidetti started to speak Turkish in the end...

What I liked was, he said there are many players in Turkey and it is more than enough to make a good team, so there is no need to find good foreign talents and make them localized. He added that he is trying to create the best staff for the NT and he has "Ataman from GS", "a statistician from Fenerbahce", "a physiotherapist from Bursa" etc in his mind to build the best combination possible. I am happy for Ataman, not only he is the best local coach right now but he can learn a few more things working with Guidetti. :box:

• Kubra as an opposite? :)
    I have no words to say.
    Congraduations to The TV show because it will be ended soon.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• One thing that bothers me is that he still calls Kubra one of the best MB's of Turkey which is simply not true. She's terrible in all aspects and can't even use her height as an advantage. Maybe I'll try to make a summary in English later.

• One thing that bothers me is that he still calls Kubra one of the best MB's of Turkey which is simply not true. She's terrible in all aspects and can't even use her height as an advantage. Maybe I'll try to make a summary in English later.

I agree. Kubra is fine only when you play against Russia so she can actually make it to block. I remember her blocking Japanese players again and again however Turkey has been serving very well in that match and it was quite easy to read the setters fixing the ball to zone 4...

What is more sad is, one of the silly participants of the TV show was telling Guidetti that it's a difficult rotation when Naz, Gözde and Kubra in the front row together and Guidetti was surprised since he never told that he will have this trio in the NT. I'm glad he praised Fatma Yildirim and recommended other youngsters to go to clubs where they can play. He said that in the beginning he will select players who are young and playing in their clubs. He also praised Eda Erdem. From his comments, i can say that from GS, Gamze, Asli and Seda have higher chances to be called to the NT this summer. I am already excited to watch the new NT! :box:

• Yeah but how can you not praise Fatma lol. She's like a second libero sometimes (maybe even better than libero xD) + she can attack good as well. And he's right, a lot of teams would love to sign her. I really hope to see Gamze as I prefer her over Naz, Seda would be nice too judged by her performances lately. I'm personally not the biggest fan of Asli but yeah she can be really useful and is young. Eda should definitely be in roster, she's the only reliable Turkish MB. I actually think based on what he said that he will pick a lot of unexpected players from teams like Bursa, Canakkale, Halkbank etc. rather then the biggest clubs wich I'm very curious about. I'm also hoping to see Meryem Boz as she's really underrated by... well everyone.

I'm also very excited and love that he wants a Turkish NT that will be feared by all just like old times. He seems already very passionate and the only thig left for us is to get excited :D

• i want so much more players of small teams ( bursa - idman ) in national team. and i hope players back up in big teams ( vakifbank - GS) in small teams. i think stay in back up is VERY bad for national team. i hope players like meryem, beyza arici, tugba, zehra and others.
    seyma, hande, ozgenur, melis and others i hope see in national team also but i hope they not stay in back up for next season.
    i think that turkey can back be strong team but i think that guidetti needs more humility, i really not think that turkey can be the best team in the world in 1-2 season.
    and politic in big teams ( very foregein) needs change. turkish players need learn be protagonist.

**** gozde kirdar leaves VOLLEYBALL in the end this season so she no will back for national team***

• I`m excited now, Guidetti understands what is the biggest problem with the Turkey NT. And I feel like he is sending a message to all the players already, if they want to be on the bench of a big team they won`t get anywhere ever, they will spend their whole career watching the games and not playing, and he won`t take those players to the NT.

a "wasted" player is Polen, I know last season she was benched for Mihajlovic. Did she bench in past seasons also?!, This season looks like she`s not even a starter, and that is a joke, she has the height and should have been trained to be one of the best, she was even in the 2012 OG, but in her home country league which happens to be one of the best in the world, she can`t play :down: ...another wasted players Yilmas, Meliha and so on....

A American player( or from any other nationr) will play around 130-150 games during their College Career (4 years) and this does not include any other additional tournaments they play during those years. And in High School they play around the same amount. By the time they graduate they are around 21/22 years old, and they have the experience of have played hundreds of games. And of course there`s hundreds of bench girls in the NCAA but of course they won`t become pro, only the starters, because you can`t learn how to play a sport just by watching and studying it, you need to play to learn. Unfortunately in Turkey ( and I think Germany and some others) that does not happen. All the young girls don`t get proper training and never get the chance to play.

for example,Baladin is 18, by the time she`s 21, she will have play how much? 3/4 games per season, maybe 12-15 games. :down:

The problem is that many young players are just watching the games from the subs corners currently in the Turkish league. I will call only the young players who are playing for their teams," said Guidetti.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…ld-will-be-scared-of.html

• The reason why young promising players are at the bench is due to foreign player limitation. Although most people won't agree with me, big clubs needs to hold good local players on their bench since they can't risk to have a weak bench for the case of injury of starter players. If there won't be any limitation on hiring foreign players, big clubs could sign with decent foreign players to keep on bench instead of Hande Baladin or Cansu Ozbay.

• its good that Guidetti has taken over the NT.He is the best option bcz he has been living in Turkey for a long while

i wonder if he will call Gülden,Neslihan for the NT ? or will he go on in his road with Polen,Meryem etc..

• btw
    what happened to setter Asuman Karakoyun's injury ? when will she be back to playing volleyball ?
    if she were healthy she could be more useful than setter Nilay for Eczacıbaşı

Asuman's career is over. She had to quit because her injury (knees) didn't allow her to play again (even after the surgery).

• btw
    what happened to setter Asuman Karakoyun's injury ? when will she be back to playing volleyball ?
    if she were healthy she could be more useful than setter Nilay for Eczacıbaşı

I understand you don't understand English very well and don't read most of the stuff here but don't you even read Turkish Volleyball Websites like voleybolunsesi? You write here a lot and ask questions so i think you have time to make your own research.

• The reason why young promising players are at the bench is due to foreign player limitation. Although most people won't agree with me, big clubs needs to hold good local players on their bench since they can't risk to have a weak bench for the case of injury of starter players. If there won't be any limitation on hiring foreign players, big clubs could sign with decent foreign players to keep on bench instead of Hande Baladin or Cansu Ozbay.

I agree but some players are just out of their mind. For instance Gözde Yilmaz at Eczacibasi...What did she think in the beginning of this season? It was so obvious that she would never get a chance when they transferred Kosheleva and kept a promising local alternative Hande. I don't necessarily agree that having foreigners mean locals will sit at the bench either. Turkey has very good clubs with good development plans and resources for young players. The problem is, younger players don't focus on developing themselves after a certain period and remain as a bench player. This is the case with Hande Baladin, she just needs to show that she is no longer "the young promising girl" but she is ready to play, like Boskovic. Besides, as in the case of Asli in GS, local players can always get and keep their spot. Now Ruseva is sitting at the bench and Asli is playing while GS plays with only two foreigners on the court.

So my message is, our local youngsters should stop saying "I'm getting a lot of experience by training with world stars and learning a lot from them" but instead focus on stealing their spot from the starting 6.

Why shouldn't Hande be a better player than Kosheleva? Why shouldn't Cansu be a better player than Naz? It's not impossible, they just have to work harder :wavy:

• So my message is, our local youngsters should stop saying "I'm getting a lot of experience by training with world stars and learning a lot from them" but instead focus on stealing their spot from the starting 6.

Why shouldn't Hande be a better player than Kosheleva? Why shouldn't Cansu be a better player than Naz? It's not impossible, they just have to work harder

THAT SAYS IT ALL :thumbsup:

• So my message is, our local youngsters should stop saying "I'm getting a lot of experience by training with world stars and learning a lot from them" but instead focus on stealing their spot from the starting 6.

Why shouldn't Hande be a better player than Kosheleva? Why shouldn't Cansu be a better player than Naz? It's not impossible, they just have to work harder

THAT SAYS IT ALL :thumbsup:

Thank you :drink:

• I agree but some players are just out of their mind. For instance Gözde Yilmaz at Eczacibasi...What did she think in the beginning of this season? It was so obvious that she would never get a chance when they transferred Kosheleva and kept a promising local alternative Hande. I don't necessarily agree that having foreigners mean locals will sit at the bench either. Turkey has very good clubs with good development plans and resources for young players. The problem is, younger players don't focus on developing themselves after a certain period and remain as a bench player. This is the case with Hande Baladin, she just needs to show that she is no longer "the young promising girl" but she is ready to play, like Boskovic. Besides, as in the case of Asli in GS, local players can always get and keep their spot. Now Ruseva is sitting at the bench and Asli is playing while GS plays with only two foreigners on the court.

So my message is, our local youngsters should stop saying "I'm getting a lot of experience by training with world stars and learning a lot from them" but instead focus on stealing their spot from the starting 6.

Why shouldn't Hande be a better player than Kosheleva? Why shouldn't Cansu be a better player than Naz? It's not impossible, they just have to work harder :wavy:

I agree with you about Gozde but for the younger players, there are some restrictions in their transfer, I am not sure about the exact age (till 21 years old I guess), they cant transfer to another team without their clubs permission. It made a problem to Neriman previously when she figured out that Eczacibasi hired good foreigners for her position so it was obvious that she wont be playing as starter. Then she quit the club and played with Uralochka for a while but it was not allowed due to the transfer regulations in Turkey. I do not remember how they solved the problem at the end but there was big fuss about it. That's why Hande wouldnt be able to transfer to another team even if she wanted to.

• I understand you don't understand English very well and don't read most of the stuff here but don't you even read Turkish Volleyball Websites like voleybolunsesi? You write here a lot and ask questions so i think you have time to make your own research.

i didnt know her career was over
    well
    this is a forum and people can exchange information with one another therefore everybody doesnt have to know about every info on players/teams etc..if you are bothered just ignore it and dont reply ok?
    i dont like following every website all the time to get informed about volleyball. i just like watching matches..thats how i mainly use my time about volleyball.of course i dont have any rights to want people to research information for me..i just ask if they already know or not!