2014 / 2015 Transfer News

• Does anybody know if Raphael Möllers will play in Superliga in Poland next Season?

I can't tell if he goes to Poland but by his last years club, VC Dresden, he is listed as "departure".

• Taylor Sander (US NT, OH, 22-year-old, 195 cm, Brigham Young University) signs with Calzedonia Verona. The move has been officially announced in the club website.

• Taylor Sander (US NT, OH, 22-year-old, 195 cm, Brigham Young University) signs with Calzedonia Verona. The move has been officially announced in the club website.

any info about him?? I know he's doing good during this world league..

• any info about him?? I know he's doing good during this world league..

A very interesting, promising and athletic player. He is indeed doing great right now in the World League, actually better than I expected. Verona have a tradition of signing young US university graduates, I think he did the right choice as he will probably play more than he would in Modena. It is without any hesitation a good transfer for both sides. However, I wouldn't rush into calling him a superstar yet, his skills are to be tested soon both on international stage with the NT and during a complete club season abroad. About him - he might be only 195 cm, relatively good reception and great serve, but you should see his jump ;) His chest reaches the top of the net when he blocks/attacks. The boy has talent, no question about it.

• A very interesting, promising and athletic player. He is indeed doing great right now in the World League, actually better than I expected. Verona have a tradition of signing young US university graduates, I think he did the right choice as he will probably play more than he would in Modena. It is without any hesitation a good transfer for both sides. However, I wouldn't rush into calling him a superstar yet, his skills are to be tested soon both on international stage with the NT and during a complete club season abroad. About him - he might be only 195 cm, relatively good reception and great serve, but you should see his jump ;) His chest reaches the top of the net when he blocks/attacks. The boy has talent, no question about it.

At this stage I won't appraise him too soon. He has played only four international matches as a starter against bad shaped Bulgaria and backup line-up of Russian, in which matches actually Anderson played a much more important role. I definitely wouldn't say he has decent reception since even though Matt received for him (literally, he stands like an opposite in certain rounds when he's actually in the back row) a lot, his numbers are not outstanding at all.
    I would like to see how his matches against Serbia and full-squad Russia go before I set up any expectations on him.

• Will D. Kooy continue to play for Zaksa next year? Because I noticed he started to follow Turkish club Ziraat Bankası, its manager and one of Turkish volleyball site in twitter :lol:

Yes, he signed 2 year contract last season... me followed Ziraat because Nimir and Horstink were playing there this season

CZE NT OH Karel Linz signed 2 year contract with Rennes

• Erik Shoji(L) left Hypo Tirol Innsbruck and joined his brother's team, Berlin Recycling Volleys.

• At this stage I won't appraise him too soon. He has played only four international matches as a starter against bad shaped Bulgaria and backup line-up of Russian, in which matches actually Anderson played a much more important role. I definitely wouldn't say he has decent reception since even though Matt received for him (literally, he stands like an opposite in certain rounds when he's actually in the back row) a lot, his numbers are not outstanding at all.
    I would like to see how his matches against Serbia and full-squad Russia go before I set up any expectations on him.

Yes, I concur, it is too early to say something more, this is exactly what I wrote in the middle of my comment. However, Diesse14 asked about his qualities, so I believe I didn't exaggerate. His reception might crack against a full-squad Russia and Serbia, but it would be normal based on his debut summer and the level of the opponents. It doesn't change the fact that he is not a bad receiver and he showed it against Bulgaria and Russia. Stats are helpful, but do not always reflect one's game entirely. The example with Todor Aleksiev says it all. It's up to him whether and how he will develop his skills, but we can't deny the fact that the guy is a good player with some potential.

• Erik Shoji(L) left Hypo Tirol Innsbruck and joined his brother's team, Berlin Recycling Volleys.

Wow, Martin Krystof and Erik Shoji? This libero-duo is not too bad. 8o I would have spent my money for other positions but.......

I already wanted to write how boring their transfer policy is. Besides Lisiniac, Berlin is keeping nearly all their players. Even Spirovski got a new contract. Considering the mediocre season for Carroll, i expected they would transfer a new opposite, who can challenge him a bit more, but obviously they won't.

So if they are still able to transfer a good challenger/back up for Kromm/Touzinsky and maybe a talented MB, they should be fine and win the Bundesliga a fourth time in a row ^^ :S .