2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• How is it determined?

Probably according to FIVB or NORCECA ranking. No matter which ranking counts here Top 3 are: USA (1), Cuba (2) and Canada (3). Then according to FIVB Puerto Rico is 4th and Mexico 5th, while in NORCECA ranking Mexico is 4th and Puerto Rico 5th. Next one are Dominican Republic (6) and Bahamas (7) in both rankings.

Tunisia, Egypt and Cameroon are highest ranked African teams by FIVB, next are Morocco and Algeria.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Group D: (Krakau)
    Italy, Norceca 1, Iran, France, Norceca 4, Belgium

Once again Belgium and France will meet each other (after EC 2011, 2012 Olympics qualification in Lille, 2014 WC qualifiers in Paris): 3-0 record in favour of Belgium.
    Also Italy is no stranger to the Belgium team (both EC2011 and EC2013 they were together in main stage poule): 1-1 record
    USA (Norceca 1 most probably) had mixed results in 2013 World League.
    Iran? Hard to predict.
    Norceca 4? Mexico? Canada?

Belgium will have a tough time beating at least 2 or 3 of those teams, but it's not impossible.
    I figure you have to beat Norceca 4 + 2 other teams to make it to the next round and avoid direct elimination in the next round by a pool winner.

• NORCECA 4 should be Mexico/Puerto Rico ^^ Canada is definitely 3rd after USA and Cuba

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Group B should be makeable for Germany. The most important thing will be to grab as much points as you can.
    Meeting Group C in second round means that, most possibly, we will have to leave one of Brazil/Russia/Bulgaria behind us to qualify for third round. I don't expect big surprises from either Canada or China. Maybe Finland? We will see....

A big questionmark of course is Cuba. If the Federation will manage to bring a good team to Poland, the task will become even more difficult.

• i don't see how italy is screwed or in a tougher group than the others…

norceca 2 could be canada… nobody knows what is cuba's current state. are the norceca teams going to be ranked by how they finish in their qual. or by fivb useless ranking?

• Can you tell me where second round and third round for the first fourth teams of group D will play ?
    Yesterday during cerimony I understood that Group D and Group A will play togheter (group E or F ?). Where ?
    Where can I find information about the places of all matches ?

• norceca 3, norceca 5, CAVB 2,
    China can win Puerto Rico and it's the same level as CAVB 2.

It all depends on human effort.
    Maybe World League can give it some courage.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Can you tell me where second round and third round for the first fourth teams of group D will play ?
    Yesterday during cerimony I understood that Group D and Group A will play togheter (group E or F ?). Where ?
    Where can I find information about the places of all matches ?

I am just grabbing together my infos from various sources. As far as i understand:

Second round
    Group E (A+D) in Lodz and Bydgoszcz
    Group F (B+C) in Katowice and Wroclaw

Third round
    Group G + H in Krakow and Lodz

Semifinals and Finals
    in Katowice

FIVB: http://www.volleyball-verband.…/MA98asyETWJfbnmyDyZB.pdf

• I'm confused. I found no source stating that A and D will play in one pool in 2nd round. I thought there would be another round of draw of lots.
    Do you have sources confirming this? Thanks.

Here is the source from wikipedia in polish:
    http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/M…j_M%C4%99%C5%BCczyzn_2014

System rozgrywek: Zakwalifikowane drużyny zostaną podzielone na cztery grupy po 6 zespołów. Gospodarz jest rozstawiony w grupie A, a pozostałe 3 reprezentacje w każdej grupie są rozstawione według rankingu FIVB metodą tzw. serpentyny(...) Awans w pierwszej rundzie fazy grupowej uzyskują 4 najlepsze zespoły. Grupa A łączy się z grupą D, a grupa B z grupą C wraz z wynikami spotkań zespołów, które awansowały.

System of play: Qualified teams will be divided into four groups of six teams. The home team is seeded in Group A, and the other 3 teams in each group are spaced according to the FIVB ranking method called serpentine(...) Promotion in the first round of the group stage gain four best teams. Group A is combined with group D, and group B with group C along with the results of team meetings which promoted.