2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Is Polen injured or Barbolini doesn't trust her at all ?( Bahar and Güldeniz are so hopeles :white: Naz has to use Gözde & Neriman all time long...

Brazil from 5-8 to 15-10 :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Checking Italy-Germany stats: Brinker 2/19 spikes :lol:

• I didn't think Brazil could win this given how the first 2 sets turned out, but holy cr*p! :cheesy: Gonna watch the tiebreak now as I was away and couldn't catch it live.

• I seriously hate Barbolini. He is most incompetent and useless trainer in this tournament. I don't know what GsD and Nt are waiting for to kick him out. Simply the team got stuck in the same rotation several times today when Naz, Bahar and Gözde are in the front row and he did not make a single sub until Brazil made an error themselves. How hard it is to imagine a double sub? Same applies for Bahar. How long it will take for him to realize that she is useless and pulling the team down? And Gözde failed badly again on 5th set, why don't you sub her with Meliha???
    It simply took a year for him to understand that Lo Bianco does not contribute to the team in GsD until he started to use Gamze in playoffs. I guess we have to wait an entire year before he subs Bahar and Gözde etc.

Anyway, congrats Brazil. Sheila played like an amateur today. Same for Garay. Jacquiline failed in reception. Brait was amazing and middles saved the game for Brazil. Dani Lins was only OK.
    In Turkish side, Kubra started amazing. Neriman was good as usual and got help from Seda this time. Gözde did better than before. Naz was amazing. Rest are useless including Bahar, Guldeniz and Gizem K.

• Ze Roberto won the match because of his substitutions, Barbolini lost it because of wrong ones or lack of it.
    This match showed how important your bench is , if you know how to use it.
    Polen is out of match squad

True! At first I wasn't convinced by Brazil's bench -- But more and more I am. Gabi is definitely making a difference every time she comes in and so does Tandara. Good win for Brazil in the end. they pulled themselves together.

• What an horrible match for germany :white: italia just slapped them and they lost a set 25-10 i think its embrassing :gone: It doesnt mean anything beating tunusia or argentina with 3-0 u have to show your quality in hard matches and germany couldnt so it so far.
    A user claimed germany alwasy play so much better in big competitions but as we see its not right. :whistle:
    Probably tomorrow they beat croatia with 3 points but losing italia without taing point means they r out from 3rd round cause with this game they cant beat china,japan and even belgium :rolleyes:

• I'm so happy for Italy's victory tonight! three important points for us, showing good game and also that all the players are ready to enter and help the team. We needed reception after the first set, and Del Core was perfect, as usual at it. Costagrande and Diouf started to hit very well and finally I saw a really positive Arrighetti!! Good blocks and quick spikes by her. I hope we continue like this, tomorrow there's another important match, we mustn't deconcentrate!!

Germany showed some limits, more clearly than what I thought: reception can easily collapse (Durr and Brinker especially) and the outside hitters are really poor in attack. Only Kozuch was super, she managed to play against italian block several times, she was the only reliable attacker. Weiss came in and made more faults than good settings, I didn't expect that! I think that Germany should find another attacker/leader besides Kozuch; it could be Furst or Brinker, but they can't rely only on her.

• Brinker can't be relaible spiker, she proves it again and again :D Germany needs strong offensive OH who can't be a hole in reception

• What a match by Ger...first they won the first set and now they are very bad 25:10 in 3.set
    Tomorrow between Cro and Ger is everything open :white:

I think so too, tomorrow if Croatia plays really well, everything can happen...Poljak vs Furst should be amazing too :box:

• Brinker can't be relaible spiker, she proves it again and again :D Germany needs strong offensive OH who can't be a hole in reception

Brinker can't...but for now I don't think Geerties or Weihenmaier are ready! Really this is a problem for Germany!

• Brinker can't...but for now I don't think Geerties or Weihenmaier are ready! Really this is a problem for Germany!

Both Geerties and Weihenmaier aren't ready because Guidetti insists on Brinker-Beier too heavily and both could be better :wavy: maybe Hippe after recovery can be tried back again as OH :roll: Lippman is ok for me as backup for Kożuch :D

• Stefanie Karg has two torn ligaments in her ankle so she is done for the tournament.

For me it would be a sensation if Germany reaches top 6. I haven't watched Italy match yet but it's the result I expected. We will probably beat Croatia and in 2nd round Belgium, but we'll stand no chance against China and Japan.

• They jump a lot and stay in the air a lot - see the correlation :) They can do both, you don't need much time in the weight room, just effort. I lost 30kgs of fat when I removed the rests from my routine - 30 minutes non - stop heavy supersets.

not sure i agree the CMR girls are super-fit, they don't seem more than BRA for example. but what i saw was that they are very scrappy, flying all over the court to dig the ball. and they have lots of enthusiasm for sure. they just need more technique.

(just watching BUL x CMR now… #3 tatchou not particularly fit… but moma, nana and fotso are big leapers. ok, one thing they seem good at is blocking… quite impressive.)

• boskovic is still young. she can learn to receive/pass the ball then the 3 can all play together.

She actually did start out as an OH and then switched to OPP later on.

It all started looking much better for Serbia today when she entered the court in the third set. I'm seriously beginning to question Brakocevic's presence here instead of Malagurski, she's totally out of shape and it's very doubtful if there's enough time for her to play herself into form here.