World Grand Prix 2008

• China beat Cuba in 5 sets (same with Brazil and same 5th set score...15-13). Zhao Ruirui again topscored the Chinese Squad. Looking forward for Italy-China game tomorow. :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Haha~~

I want to watch the game between Chinese team and Japnese team.

Because two Asian team competition's competition seems even more pleasant. :box:

• Poland-Dominicana Rep. 1:3 Poor Nastja :(
    It was easy to notice, that Dominicana played with their first team and Poland with - I would say - with the third...But after all, Poles should have showed better performance at home. On and only bright element of Polish poitn of view was Agnieszka Bednarek, who was really good.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Italy-Cuba 3-2 (21-25, 25-19, 19-25, 25-20, 15-13) :thumbsup:

It was a very entertaining game.
    I didn't think we would win because Italy didn't play at its best today, while Cuba played very well. But the tie-break, as usual, was a match in itself, and luckily we were able to take advantage of some Cuban mistakes.
    Has anyone watched it?

• Italy-Cuba 3-2 (21-25, 25-19, 19-25, 25-20, 15-13) :thumbsup:

It was a very entertaining game.
    I didn't think we would win because Italy didn't play at its best today, while Cuba played very well. But the tie-break, as usual, was a match in itself, and luckily we were able to take advantage of some Cuban mistakes.
    Has anyone watched it?

I didn't watch the match, but I'm happy that Italy won!! :drink: Cuba is a very strong team, but it makes way too much mistakes. If they reduce their mistakes, they will be even stronger.

I hope tommorrow it will be a good match too.

• ı am sure tomorrow the game between China and Italy will be very very entertaining.who wins?hmm ı think it will end 3-2 and Italy will win.

• I didn't watch the match, but I'm happy that Italy won!! :drink: Cuba is a very strong team, but it makes way too much mistakes. If they reduce their mistakes, they will be even stronger.

I hope tommorrow it will be a good match too.

I agree. Haven't watched the match as well but from looking at the P-2 report, errors doomed Cuba. But their attack was way superior to Italy. I think the errors come from getting a touch on the ball such as spikes off the Cuban block or digs that weren't coverted to a set. I hope Cuba defeats Japan tomorrow. They do have an easier pool next week with Kazakhstan, Thailand and Germany. If they sweep all matches, there's a very good chance they get to the finals in Japan. Cuba also plays better at this stage.

Cuba should play better defense if they want to win. Their transition game was once the best in the world. Now it's not the case. There's also instability with Calderon/Carcases and the middle blocker position. They're not using Sanchez much, looking at the points she's getting. But they had better results since she got in the first 6. Still under-utilized though.

So, good luck Cuba tomorrow.

• USA defeated Dominican Republic 3-0 (25-13, 25-21, 25-20). Haneef-Park and Glass tied for 14 points. I hope some Polish fans could upload the game on youtube. Thank you!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• It will be very exciting tomorow..Italy faces China. Im predicting a 5 set.

• I have bad news.

Somebody wrote, that in our team will come about smth BAD!

Everything stareted on the match POL - THA, when in 4th set Bonitta gave to Skorupa instructions to set, but she didn't heard his orders.

I'm not sure; We'll see.

• After the misunderstanding between the coaches and players a couple of weeks ago, I'm intrigued about this. I hope it's nothing too bad. :(

Italy vs China tomorrow. Italy played very gutsy against Cuba today. But my gut feel tells me China might take tomorrow's match. Let's see. :D

• Polish team plays s**t in this GP edition. Terrible performance. I doubt, if thae will be able to win single game in this year GP. I also doubt, if we see many of these (who are playing in GP) players in roster for OG. They just don't deserve it (maybe except Bednarek and Sawicka). Sad but true.

The most important 3:

• and that girl Joanna Kaczor is quite good.. Milena Rosner also did her job today.

• and that girl Joanna Kaczor is quite good.. Milena Rosner also did her job today.

Kaczor is not bad, but not stabile. And I didn't mention Rosner, because she is from first squad and doesn't have to prove, that she is useful for this team.

The most important 3:

• Cuba is playing in very strong pools in the first and in the second week of the WGP. They lost three matches they could have won against Italy and China. Even being a very strong team, they run the risk of not playing the final round of this competition, since other teams, who have been facing easier opponents have more victories than the Cubans.

I hope the Cuban team could play the final round of this WGP. They are playing a great volleyball!

When it comes to Brazil's team. I think Thaísa will be the middle-blocker who will play the OG. She's tall and she's better in attacking than Carol Gattaz. Besides Carol Gattaz, I strongly believe the other player that will be dropped out of the team will be either Joycinha or Valeskinha. Valeskinha's height is a big disadvantage, but Joycinha is not as experienced as her.

• China win the game!

But I think China didn't play very well ,and Japan played tenaciously . :thumbup:

I think the Chinese players are so tired ,because their training is crowed.

I hope they can have a good condition to play against Italy~ :drink:

And I'm surprised with the Turkey team!!

They beat the German!!!!U know German has kept the good display in the past matches! :super:

• ı am sure tomorrow the game between China and Italy will be very very entertaining.who wins?hmm ı think it will end 3-2 and Italy will win.

Well, it was a 5 set game, but China won in the end... :(

China-Italy 3-2 (18-25, 25-20, 21-25, 28-26, 15-7)

What a great, spectacular match! China and Italy played at their best in the first 4 sets. In the tie-break Italy lost its confidence, and their playing was too nervous. And China..well, is China.
    Both teams have very strong defenses, but I think what helped China today was a better block. As for Italy, Aguero made too many mistakes and China took advantage of it.
    Anyway, it was a pleasure to see these two teams facing each other, I hope to see them again in the Olympics (but with a different result :D ).

• Well,Italy is really a strong team!!!

When I watched the game,I felt that I can't breath!!!!!!

But the 5th set China played very hard!!!

And they're lucky to win the games!!!

I hope to see them meet in the Olympic Games!

Um,,,Italy's defense is mysterious ! :thumbsup: