2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• I am sure that Vlado and Boyan will be ok and will be ready to play in the first match against China. It will be really bad for us if Stoykov plays as an OP ( actually it is bad and when he plays as an OH :S , so...I hope it won't be necessary)

БЪЛГАРИ ЮНАЦИ!!!!!! :win:

He plays very bad!

• Vlado or Boyan will be ready, stop with this bulshits. And if something unusual happen Kaziysky can play opposite, he played before at this possition and Plamen and Todor Aleksiev can play OH, but this won't happen, Vlado or Boyan will play, you will see.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Sorry guys to be off-topic, and to be opinionated, some might say. But through all the times i have browsing thru this forum as a guest and eventually as a member, I have observed that ONE particular bulgarian member can be very arrogant and at some point OFFENSIVE. I really think the the bulgarian players look very nice people but this particular person's posts keeps me from becoming a fan of the bulgarian team. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if I offend anyone. I really love this forum and things like this don't do it any good.Cheers! :drink:

• Not China, but they wont play at their best at these Olympics. That's big problem. Stoev said that injuries are serious and if they play it'll get worse. It's over, before it started I'm so sorry! This is the truth.

Those are exactly my thoughts. I wish you good luck, and I hope your players recover fast!

• Those are exactly my thoughts. I wish you good luck, and I hope your players recover fast!

For the last time i will write it, and today in the newspapers itis written that Vlado and Boyan are ready for tomorrow, Vlado is ok, and Boyan was never injured. Today at training Aleksiev got an injury but it is not serious. Despite this it is highly unlikely for him to play against China. But he will be ready for the next games.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• pappi why didnt you write times.
    Here's a link
    http://eurosport.yahoo.com/oly…/calendar/volleyball.html
    Schedule with times (CET)

Serbia-Russia 04:00 am
    Italy-Japan 06:00 am
    USA-Venezuela 06:30 am
    Brazil-Egypt 08:30 am
    Bulgaria-China 02:00 pm
    Poland-Germany 04:00pm

USA-Italy 06:30 am
    Serbia-Brazil 08:30 am
    Venezuela-China 02:00 pm
    Japan-Bulgaria 04:00 pm

Germany-Egypt 06:00 am
    Italy-Venezuela 06:00 am
    Brazil-Russia 06:30 am
    Poland-Serbia 08:30 am
    China-Japan 02:00 pm
    Bulgaria-USA 04:00 pm

Russia-Egypt 06:00 am
    USA-China 06:00 am
    Serbia-Germany 06:30 am
    Italy-Bulgaria 08:30 am
    Brazil-Poland 02:00 pm
    Venezuela-Japan 04:00 pm

• Hugh Mccutcheon will not be coaching the US Men's for the first game (vs Ven). ;(

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• And see the result
    USA-Venezuela 3-2 (25:18, 25:18, 21:25, 22:25, 15:10)

Italy-Japan 3-1 (25:19, 25:18, 23:25, 25:17)

• Russia had one of the greatest block perfomances I have ever seen. 17 blocks in four sets, plus a lot more balls that bounced back to Serbian court - in the biggest rally, Russia blocked 4-5 times in a row.

I think it was a great match. Serbia played well, it was just that Russia played even better. In the first set Serbian services killed Russia, but their services got worse in the next sets. In the other hand, Russia started making a lot of service mistakes, and they got a lot better as the match progressed.

Another great performance by Mikhailov. Maybe he should start playing in the next match.

Russia was not hiding the game in the WL. Russian start line was exactly the same, as I predicted. I just hope Alekno realised Berezhko is our best winger spiker.

Anyway, I am very pleased about the Russian performance. A lot better than in the WL.

I didn't watch the US game, but I was very surprised about the result, even more considering they were leading 2x0.

• I didn't watch the US game, but I was very surprised about the result, even more considering they were leading 2x0.

Maybe because, their coach was not around. I'm not saying that the Venezuelans were not good, but the absence of their head coach might have had an effect.

• I don't think the result has anything to do with McCutcheon's absence. What happened to him is awful, but USA took the first two parts by 25-18 and then I can see in the match report Ball replaced. USA might have underestimated Venezuela once they took the lead by 2-0.

• Did Poltavsky play in the Match against Serbia? I browsed over the FIVB stats and saw that he had only for Kill attempts. Is he injured or the Russians just want to rest him?

• Not very much. The second OP was the main hero :D . Does anyone know why Vadim Hamutskih didn't play? Is he ijured, or what?

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Yes, Mikhaylov played surprisingly well.

• i think grankin plays better than kamutski. yes mikaylov will be the asset of the team russia in this olympics. how i wish there is a mikaylov in the female team.

i think the best strategy is to use poltavsky still as the opposite. and if he plays bad, use mikaylov to surprise the other team.

• OMG, Plamen Konstadinov is out from OI,

the good thing for bulgarian NT that V. Nikolov is OK , he played very good game against china,
    stoykov replaced plamen and got 10 points including 3 good block atempt

we will see how the things, going but this is real blow for Bulgarian NT

• i think grankin plays better than kamutski. yes mikaylov will be the asset of the team russia in this olympics. how i wish there is a mikaylov in the female team.

i think the best strategy is to use poltavsky still as the opposite. and if he plays bad, use mikaylov to surprise the other team.

What do you mean? We have Gamova. I wish we had Grankin in our female team - not an amazing setter, but at least he gets his job done.

Vadim doesn't play decently since WL 07, that's why Grankin has his own chance.

By the way, where is Spain? I looked for but couldn't find them in neither of the groups. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

• I don't think the result has anything to do with McCutcheon's absence. What happened to him is awful, but USA took the first two parts by 25-18 and then I can see in the match report Ball replaced. USA might have underestimated Venezuela once they took the lead by 2-0.

I still think that the incidence shook the team a little bit, it may have affected them somehow...ofcourse, it was a tragic incident but i think you are right on that matter, after taking the first 2 sets, USA came a bit satisfied already and forgotten that to win a game, you must win 3 sets :lol: anyway, tomorrow will be a big game (vs Italy) so I think Mccutcheon will be there...and so I hope the team wins.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)