World Championship Japan 2010

• I guess the reason why Borodokova isn't covered by the opponents blockers is because they are focusing mainly on Gamova and Kosheleva. And I love Startseva for this because she is using this to their advantage.

• Brazil got their payback in the 2nd set. Natalia was blocked a couple of times in the first and Brazil did it to the other Cuban players in the 2nd. Only Carcaces was effective. I hope Brazil plays consistently from this point on

• I was hoping Poland would get the 3rd set but :wall:

Glinka is clutch...she is still Poland's best player, without a doubt.

Russia is too good..Im beginning to wonder if Brazil or USA has a chance defeating them :?:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Bad match of Poland. Four points of advantage in the end of 3rd set and we are loosing finally...

• Poland fought hard to extend the match to a 4th set... they showed a lot of heart today. Borodokova made a lot of crucial blocks. :-) Hope she can do it to the US

• 3-0 for Russia. The third set was incredible. 31-29. Glinka was great but the entire Russian team was just stronger and powerful. Borodakova with 7 block points and Perepelkina with 5 block points. The blocking of Russia and the errors of Poland made the big difference. Both teams are great in attacks.

• Yes, yes, yes!!!
    Russia won over Poland 3-0. What a dramatic last set, Poland led 22-18 and lost it 31-33 (I think I saw it alreday in Poland- Japan match). Poland coped with Kosheleva today and with Gamova at the start but then it was Gamova-Glinka. Russia only 6!!! errors and Poland 18, I think that factor decided the final result. I'm very glad, because Poland usually plays very good against Russia. Russia revenged for Euro 2009. Congrats to our girls. :win:

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• God... I don't know why Polish girls did it again.

22-18, they played so good and then....

Hope we will beat China and Turkey and get 5th place.

• where can i watch these matches online?

• Only Carcaces was fighting in the 3rd Set. I hope the 4th will be a more competitive match for Cuba and Brazil

• what do you guys think of the following matches today?

ITA-USA
    TUR-JPN

I hope Italy beats the US, but I don't think It will be easy. the US team is extremely strong..they're even playing much better than on WGP. even though I'm for Italy.

and about TURKEY-JAPAN. I'm for Turkey. hopefully they beat the host country so badly :lol: :dance6:

• Nice win by Brazil. Very balanced offense by Sheila, Jacqueline, Thaisa, Natalia and Fabiana. But Sheila was always there in the clutch situations and she delivered. Carcaces was great, I wonder if the result will be the same if Calderon and Carillo were there

• On paper, Italy can beat the US. But from the recent performances of Italy, I guess the US will win this. At best, the Italians can make it a 5 set match.

On Turkey and Japan, I want Japan to win (because I'm Asian :) ) Though Neslihan and company can beat the Japanese, I think Japan has the necessary tools to win.

• well congrats to Russia really fantastic play today. only 6 errors is really something...
    too bad we don't have another Glinka, that's why we were never as succesfull as we could cause we always miss one maybe 2 links in our team.
    Serbia won over China didn't surprice me that much. one match against Japan doesn't mean anything they are still in bad shape and i hope our girls will use that opportunity, i REALLY don't want Poland to end up being ranked 13-16 cus we really don't deserved this

anyways , GO GO JAPAN !!!!!!!

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• though i dislike the way the japanese volleyball federation dealt with the draws, etc., i'm going to root for them on this one,

the japan team is really entertaining to watch; they're always smiling and they always seem to have fun. plus i like the way that the team needs to "struggle" to get the point. they need to run plays, dig well, etc. not the typical, dig-set high-spike formula that we're so used to seeing.

• On paper, Italy can beat the US. But from the recent performances of Italy, I guess the US will win this. At best, the Italians can make it a 5 set match.

On Turkey and Japan, I want Japan to win (because I'm Asian :) ) Though Neslihan and company can beat the Japanese, I think Japan has the necessary tools to win.

Absolutely, Italy can make it a 5 set match :thumbsup:

Well, I think the real key of TUR-JPN is obviously the turkish OHs. it probably will be Esra and Neriman. They'll have to attack in front of the smallest blocker, Takeshita.
    Neslihan, no doubt about her. Bahar is a bit slow, but she did a great job yesterday, hopefully she keeps the condition.

what I'm looking forward to see is Eda and Inoue. compared to Eda Erdem, Inoue seems to be a bit shorter, but she's an amazing blocker. (She's the only japanese player I like so far...)
    anyways, I can't just wait :lol: hopefully the Turkish girls will make the crowds quiet. :thumbsup: