CEV Cup 2008/2009

• How is the organizer of the Final Four tournament going to be determined? I guess, it's gonna be after the 1/4-finals so that they know for sure the last four teams to reach the semis... Is that really so? Otherwise, I am very happy for Loko Belgorod! Good draw for my favorites indeed! They do have a serious chance to walk through this round :)

• Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo and Lokomotiv Belgorod already part of the big Final Four :) BRAVO, LOKO!!!

I'm much more happy about Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo. ;) :drink:

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• The CEV Cup Final Four will be organized in Athens by Panathinaikos. It is not official yet but it will be announced in the next few days, according to the Hellenic Volleyball Federation. The games will be played in OAKA Sports Arena. Its capacity is for 18.500 spectators. It is the first time that volleyball games will be played in this Arena.

OAKA Arena facts and figures

• The CEV Cup Final Four will be organized in Athens by Panathinaikos. The games will be played in OAKA Sports Arena.

so bye bye Cuneo....
    Panathinaikos becomes the favourite according to me, then the russians.

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Panathinaikos? I don't know... It is a little bit crazy team. In Champions League Greeks were very weak against Skra and than beat Freidriechshaffen and caused trouble sto Iskra Odintsovo. The may be considered as favourites, cause they are hosts, but I wouldn'ty be surprised, it they finished 3rd, behind Lokomotiv and Cuneo e.g.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I agree that Panathinaikos are unpredictable this year, but this is exactly their advantage ;) The situation in Lokomotiv Belgorod is similar - they can beat anyone when they are in the mood to...just imagine what the OAKA sports hall is gonna look like for the Final Four and you will come up with a severe battle in the semifinal... However, I want to see Loko Belgorod winning the trophy :)

• IMO Cuneo in top form (from january and february) is first favourite of competiton. But their form currently is disgusting. I wonder if Prandi did that on purpose and slashed form before CEV cup and playoffs, if it is so,than he is a master coach and PAO will be demolished in their hall.

• hahahaha Cuneo always do this...i already said it in the Italian League channel. they reach the top form in January, and then in the playoffs they always have their ass kicked by someone :lol:
    Prandi is a master coach...in being eliminated very quickly in the playoffs
    until he remains in Cuneo...they won't win anything!

Prandi is a master coach...in being eliminated very quickly in the playoffs

Not what I know and have read about Prandi! All the trophies and titles he has won ahead of the Italian NT and Italian clubs cannot be underestimated! Cuneo played in the final for the Italian Cup eliminating Montichiari and Sisley; they played in the semifinal playoff against Piacenza last year; playing tomorrow in Athens as well... Just to compare, Lorenzetti then is not a master coach either, because he has already lost so many finals... You can't say Radostin Stoychev is a bad coach because he had not won before last week against Treviso, when he proved he knows how to beat everyone else!

The truth is that they are all great coaches, legends maybe one day! It's sometimes a matter of luck to win in 2 out of 3 games (or 3 out of 5)...

• Prandi was a master coach until the 80's....when playoffs started.
    before, there weren't playoffs and he won many chasmpionships because he is a genious in create a team that can stay on top of the condition from September to March, when the League usually finished.
    but after the creation of the playoffs...he didn't win A SINGLE championship....so it's 25 years that he can't do that....
    he won other trophies of course, Italian Cups, Cev Cups and so on, but only because they are played in January the first, and in March the second(the finals).
    of course i can't say he's a bad coach, but he's not a master in my opinion. at least, not more.... ;)

• I think it was the CEV Cup most of the volleyball fans should have watched today... Great games! Nothing more to add! Great volleyball in both games today!

PAO showed that you are not done with your job unless you win three sets, 2 are never enough :) Amazing comeback, I was sure the game was going 3-0, but that is what I call a semifinal! Too bad for Cuneo, I wanted to see tomorrow Cuneo - Lokomotiv in the final, but that is no longer possible... Great fans, great atmosphere, the Greeks were good today, I hope they won't be tomorrow ;)

Bravo, Loko! I haven't watched Belgorod for more than 6-7 months, the team reminds now of what Belgorod used to be in 2003-2005. Just with the minor exception that this is not the IECL final four phase :) I hope they can take it tomorrow! On the other hand, that was, in my opinion, the best performance by a Spanish club I have ever watched! I have seen Portol several times and Unicaja 2-3 years ago, but I really liked the way these guys play! Haven't seen any other Spanish team playing like Almeria tonight! I thought they eliminated Lokomotiv Novosibirsk and Paris Volley just because of the home advantage, but now I see they have an indeed good team. In my opinion, Barcala is light years ahead of Iban Perez, he deserves Velasco's NT call-up and I think he should play for Spain this summer in the EL instead of Perez! I am also pleasantly surprised by their setter Howatson...I have never heard of him before the beginning of the season; I, as a setter myself, can appreciate his performance! Good words for Olteanu as well, it's nice to watch a young team like Unicaja playing like this :thumbup: The only thing they severly lack, from what I saw tonight, is the block. Otherwise they are well-balanced though not very high... Unfortunately, I think they will be very tired for the first game tomorrow against Cuneo, which, on the other side, need some revenge!

The final, however, should be niiiiiice :)

• Finally something I have been expecting for quite some time - Lokomotiv Belgorod with a European success!!! I think no one would deny they were by far the best team of this tournament! Even PAO with their home support could not turn the game in their favour, Liberman Agamez was great but simply not enough! Great tournament for Tetyukhin and Kosarev - with minor errors and brilliant overall! Today's MVP, in my opinion, Dmitry Muserskiy (the same age as me - 20 :P ) was most of the time unstoppable! After all, he is 215 cm tall :) Great tournament for him! Nice to see Khoroshev as well playing on the level I know since I heard he had problems at the beginning of the season...Taras Khtey also impressed, performed much better than Celitans! It was the first time I watched Dennis Ignatyev, he fully desreves the Best Setter award even though he was not in the starting six! The only thing I missed was Baranov, but with Khtey playing like this, I don't mind :) Great Belgorod, deserved title, it was amazing to see some old faces playing again together and demolishing everyone on their way!

• i've just read what greek fans did during awarding ceremony od CEV Cup. tear gas in the hall? trowing rocks at Lokomotiv Bus? explosions? it;s a scandal cev should not allow greek fans to enter hall in the next year cups they have to take consequances because it stop to be stupid -it;s start to be dangerous

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• First time I've seen the awarding ceremony not with tears of happiness but with the tears of gas. What interesting, that after spoiling the air, greek fans had left the hall, even not waiting for the awards of their team. True "fans", yeah! :lol: So awarding was in empty hall with all russian fans. Only they appeared strong enough to remain till the very end :thumbup:
    LOKO :cup: :woohoo:

• cev should not allow greek fans to enter hall in the next year cups they have to take consequances because it stop to be stupid -it;s start to be dangerous

last year during quarterfinals of Champions League versus my team, Panathinaikos fans smoked all time in the hall creating a "heavy" atmosphere and they threw sigarettes to our players, then they spitted several times again to our players and staff...
    bah...amazing in supporting the team, but sometimes too unrespectful versus the opponents