Olympic Games - General

• Michael Phelps got his first gold of swimming from 400Individual Medley. A Hungarian got the silver, then Ryan lochte took the Bronze

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Olympic spirit = politically correct demagoguery? Some people seem to think so.

No, no. Olympic spirit = thinking that some countries are stupid because they're small ,and they souldn't even take part in the OG, because, who cares?. Some people seem to think so.

• Oooh, great answer, really...No surprise, though. I didn't expect anything different from you.
    Anyway, guess what? This is a forum. If you don't want to talk with other people, just stay out of it. Because everything you write here is everybody's business, whether you like it or not.

• OK, enough is enough!!! :read:

Please stop arguing

Russkii - instead of stupid country you should have used another word. Mind your business is not a good answer.

Ros - no need to go personal against Russki

• I'm sorry if I stepped out of line, samba. I don't like arguing, either. For me, this discussion is closed. :)

• Ana Ivanovic gave up a participation in OG. The reason was a thumb injure. On Monday she will lose the lead in WTA Tour Rating in favour of Jelena Jankovic.

Michael Phelps is indescrideable!!!

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

• I'm sorry if I stepped out of line, samba. I don't like arguing, either. For me, this discussion is closed. :)

Thanks!! :) :)

• Ok Samba, I will bite my tongue.

So far, China 6 Golds, against 2 from the US.

I am very sorry for Ivanovic. First Sharapova, now her. Tough luck.

I was watching the Ukrainian gymnastic team. The girl were beautiful, but they sucked. :down: We used to be so good in gymnastics. :(

• Michael Phelps is indescrideable!!!

He's not human! :)
    I wonder if he'll manage to beat the 7gold metals record by Spitz...I wouldn't be surprised.

• phelps is the federer(2004-2007) of swimming. :sleeping: :sleeping:
    which i think makes swimming too predictable.

• phelps is the federer(2004-2007) of swimming. :sleeping: :sleeping:
    which i think makes swimming too predictable.

You mean boring, because you already know who will win?
    Yes, you're probably right. :lol:

• Today's relay's result was far from predictable !
    It took an amazing Lezak to save Phelps's day.

But I think this relay was considered the hardest gold medal for Phelps to win. So he made a huge step to this 8 gold medals record today.

• Azerbaijan won first gold medal from judo with Elnur Mammadli :dance4: *he won all 5 matches with ippon :woohoo: ).And the final match was just 13 second :box:

• Azerbaijan won first gold medal from judo with Elnur Mammadli :dance4: *he won all 5 matches with ippon :woohoo: ).And the final match was just 13 second :box:

Congratulations!!! :drink:

I'm confused with performance of Russia and Ukraine. Russia still without gold and Ukraine without medals at all 8|

• Congratulations!!! :drink:

I'm confused with performance of Russia and Ukraine. Russia still without gold and Ukraine without medals at all 8|

Russia took it's time to pick up in Athens as well. Gold medals will start pouring in a bit. I am not very optimistic about Ukraine though.

Congratulations!!! :thumbup:
    Today Giulia Quintavalle from Italy won a gold medal in judo, too. She's the first Italian woman to win a gold medal in this sport. We're all very proud of her. :thumbsup:

• Polish athletes have been so bad so far, that I almost don't regret , I don't have much possiblities to watch it live. :(
    I liked the ceremony in Athens much more. In Beijing I liked only this moment with running to the Olympic Torch.

P.S. Russia and Georgia should stop the fight or finish their participation in Beijing. Olympic rules have been clear since antic age: it is a holiday of peace, when all the fight should be stopped.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Dominik Meychtri was faster than Michael Phelps, of course he didn't swim as fast as he can but that doesn't matter :thumbsup:

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• Brazil won two bronze medals on the 3rd day of the OG. Both of them in judo.

In gymnastics we have big chances with Diego Hypolito, who finished first in floor.

The women's gymnastics team qualified for the finals for the first time ever.
    Jade Barbosa is in the finals of vault jump and general individual. (She finished 3rd in the World Championship, so we have chances!)
    Daiane dos Santos will compete in the finals of the floor as well.

This revolution in gymnastics is due to Oleg Ostapenko's terrific work ahead of Brazil's Gymnastics Team.