European Championships 2009 - Turkey

• How will be the point classification?

And I want to know that...
    It will be like last Championship, for wi n - 2 points, for lost - 1 point or It will use new one for win 3:0/1 - 3 points(lost - 0), 3:2(win- 2points,lost-1 point).

And second think that It will me watch after point will coefficient of sets, after that coefficient of points?

• Holland:

Setters: van Gendt and van Harskamp
    OH: Horstink, Rauwerdink, Trommel and Snippe
    MB: Kooistra, Bontje, Vlam and Lorsheijd
    OPP: van Dijk and Klapwijk
    Libero: Maan and Rademaker

• Spain:
    Guillermo Falasca
    José Luis Lobato
    Fran Rodríguez
    Guillermo Hernán
    Alberto Salas
    Miguel Ángel Falasca
    Juan Carlos Barcala
    José Luis Moltó
    Julián García-Torres
    Marlon Palharini
    Sergio Noda
    Manuel Parrés
    Israel Rodríguez
    Francesc Llenas

• France list :

Pointus : Baptiste Geiler (Arago de Sète) - Anthonin Rouzier (Poitiers)
    Centraux : Oliver Kieffer (Poitiers) Capitaine - Jean-Philippe Sol (Poitiers) - Jean-Stéphane Tolar (Tourcoing VLM) - Romain Vadeleux (Saint Quentin)
    Réceptionneurs-attaquants : Stéphane Antiga (Belchatov) - Edouard Rowlandson (Arago de Sète) - Guillaume Samica (Panathinaikos) - Samuele Tuia (AS Cannes)
    Passeurs : Yannick Bazin (Paris) - Toafa Takaniko (Toulouse)
    Libéros : Hubert Henno (Cuneo) - Jean-François Exiga (Montichiari)

So no Le Marrec (as i understand retired), Pujol (injured) and Ragondet and Moreau. What is going on with them , these are really hard missings?

• Czech republic:

setters Ticháček, Škach,

opp: Konečný, Štokr,

blockers Holubec, Lébl, Král, Veselý,

OH Popelka, Novotný Marek, Pláteník, Hudeček (kapitán),

Libero: Václavík, Kryštof.

Slovenia:

setters
    * Tomislav Šmuc * Dejan Vinčič

OH
    * Tine Urnaut* Matija Pleško* Jasmin Čuturić* Andrej Flajs

blockers
    * Alen Pajenk* Davor Čebron* Matej Vidič

opp.
    * Mitja Gasparini * Alen Šket

- libero:
    * Sebastijan Škorc

Serbia:

setters: NIKOLA GRBIĆ I VLADO PETKOVIĆ

libero: MARKO SAMARDŽIĆ I NIKOLA ROSIĆ

opp: IVAN MILJKOVIĆ I SAŠA STAROVIĆ

blockers: ANDRIJA GERIĆ , DRAGAN STANKOVIĆ I MARKO PODRAŠČANIN

OH: BOJAN JANIĆ , MILOŠ NIKIĆ , NIKOLA KOVAČEVIĆ , NEMANJA PETRIĆ I MILOŠ TERZIĆ

• It's a bit strange to see that only half of the teams are taking advantage of the new rule to register 14 players... The coaches know best, but an extra player or two is always a bonus in such a long tournament.. otherwise, I am quite surprised by the French squad, the reasons are obvious, but their team is indeed lacking power without Pujol, Le Marrec, Moraeu... unfortunately, the schedule was properly set to allow the hosts to advance as further as possible, so the French NT and Polish NT still have good chances before the semis even though they can't use some of their key players... For the other part of the schedule meeting most of the favourites, I am again not going to comment, I just hope we will survive long enough!

• Ragondet and Moreau. What is going on with them , these are really hard missings?

"Problem of behaviour" during the qualification tournament in Poland. I don't know exactly was stand behind these words, but the fact is Blain don't want them in the team at least for now.

I don't have much time to explain it right now (maybe tonight) , but this team roster draw a lot of reaction amongst french fans ... :wall:

• So no Le Marrec (as i understand retired), Pujol (injured) and Ragondet and Moreau. What is going on with them , these are really hard missings?

Wasn't Le Marrec still playing at NT earlier this year? How come he retired just before the most important tournament of the year? France is missing both starting and reserve setters who've been playing for NT for many years!

Bjelica is not in the list. Is he really in such a bad shape this year? I think that he's still playing ok at the club. It's known to be a problem that Serbia cannot get a pair of OHs as a stable starting lineup who're well balanced between attack and reception, from the albeit skillful Janic-Nikic-Kovacevic trio. I'm wondering if bringing five OHs can lessen the issue, though.

• About the French NT:

Le Marrec indeed play at the World Championship Qualifying Tournament in Poland. He wanted to stop his international career, but Blain asked him to keep playing until this tournament to make sure the french NT made it to next year competition. That's why he played part of the World League and then the tournament in august.
    Since it had been agreed that he was not to play at the European Championship, Blain did not register him on the pre-list, and after Pujol's injury, he was therefore unable to call Le Marrec back.

On the outside-hitter post, it looks like Blain was planning on having Ragondet and Loïc Geiler along with Samica and Antiga. But Loïc Geiler is injured and Ragondet seemingly disapointed Blain at the WCQT, Therefore Blain had to call Tuia (not a bad backup) and most surprisingly : Rowlandson. That's a huge surprise since Rowlandson is a libero, even if he played a few games as an outside hitter with Sète this season, switching with ... Ragondet !
    The other huge surprise is on the Opposite post, because Baptiste Geiler is an outside hitter, and was not even a starting player with Montpellier.

Baptiste Geiler killed only 81 spikes last season (with the third lowest efficiency of all players ! 8| ), and Rowlandson played only five games as an outisde hitter !

These two players never proved anything anywhere, and they are in the team when a lot of more experienced players could (should ?) have taken their place. (Not to mention players like Granvorka or Herpe who should never have been kicked out of the NT).

Now, if Rouzier is in good shape, and none of Antiga and Samica get injured, I'm pretty confident that Bazin might be able to do a good job (plus he is a tremendous server). But if Rouzier is playing like he was at the beginning of WL or if Antiga or Samica are not able to play, that will be a disaster, because there is no one in the team to replace any of them.

Bjelica is not in the list. Is he really in such a bad shape this year? I think that he's still playing ok at the club.

I read somewhere that there was a dispute between Igor Kolakovic and Novica Bjelica. Kolakovic just didn't want him in the NT and so Bjelica returned to Piacenza to start preparation for the new season.. I think this is the story behind...

• turkey roster,
    setter: Selçuk Keskin, Arslan ekşi
    opposite: Emre Batur, Volkan Güç
    Libero: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Serkan Kılıç
    outside hitter: Ali Alp Çayır, Can Ayvazoğlu, Gökhan Öner, Sinan Cem Tanık
    middle blocker: Ahmet Pezük, Erhan Dünge, Ahmet Toçoğlu, İbrahim Akşeker

• Thanks Armel for such a detailed report. Yes, I remember I've watched Geiler's play as an OH in World League before, and was a bit unexpected that he's switched to OPP. Speaking of Granvorka, he's also switched to OPP from OH at NT at a later stage. It seems that OPP is pretty hard to find in France.

• I read somewhere that there was a dispute between Igor Kolakovic and Novica Bjelica. Kolakovic just didn't want him in the NT and so Bjelica returned to Piacenza to start preparation for the new season.. I think this is the story behind...

No wonder he's not in the team, and seldom used in previous tournaments at NT this season. Serbia may not have enough strength in MB position, too. Geric's form has been declining rapidly.

• All teams here in istanbul. they are stay The Green Park Merter hotel :D

Good luck for every teams !!!

• I read somewhere that there was a dispute between Igor Kolakovic and Novica Bjelica. Kolakovic just didn't want him in the NT and so Bjelica returned to Piacenza to start preparation for the new season.. I think this is the story behind...

That's exactly what happened. Bjelica got next to no time on court and decided it was pointless to hang around if he's never given a chance to play, so he left the team. It was not the most sportive thing to do, but I can understand him. IMO, Kolakovic is being very wrong about Bjelica's role in the team.

• We are starting today against France. It won't be easy, but I think the most difficult match for us in the 1st group stage may be that against Germany. Because of many reasons. But I hope Poland will win both ^^
    If we talk about Poland-Germany match... I hope, that Lozano doesn't know the solution to beat Poland, cause "his" main players either don't play or are injured (Wlazły, Świderski, Szymański, Kadziewicz, Winiarski etc.). He doesn't know Kurek or Jarosz that well.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D