European Championships 2009 - Turkey

• Germany vs Turkey 3:2.
    Well, Turkey suprised me :D I thought Germans will beat Turkey in 3 sets.
    It's a pity that Turks lost. They really fought.
    Unfortunately, they lost after a tiebreak 15:13.
    Anyway, Turkey suprised me in + :D

• Emre Batur scored unbelievable 34 (!) points against a topteam like Germany :obey: :cheesy: That guy is just 21 years old, very promising player. I saw him for the first time at the WCQ Tournament in Rotterdam against The Netherlands and I was surprised by his performance; today he played again very well.

• great job Poland :D unfortunatly i haven't seen the game so i can't coment on it but it very promising result :)

dissapointing Serbia :down: i thought they will win with Bulgaria but Kazyjski and Co were better :(

tommorow a big clash Poland-Germany :D winning over Germany always taste sweet but loosing is more painfull then with other teams :whistle: so go for it Poland u have to win :super:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Emre Batur scored unbelievable 34 (!) points against a topteam like Germany :obey: :cheesy: That guy is just 21 years old, very promising player. I saw him for the first time at the WCQ Tournament in Rotterdam against The Netherlands and I was surprised by his performance; today he played again very well.

emre was just amazing :obey:
    what a dazzling match. it was so close, we almost beat german especially 4th set we win 32-30, :what: every point was so exciting, but in tie break, luck was not in our side :down:
    about emre batur, actually he is a middle blocker, but when billings was injured in fenerbahçe in last season , emre batur played instead of him.and he was very successful at that position moreover, we have lots of MB in NT. but as opposite we have only volkan güç and ali alp çayır (he will play in polish league this season.) as a result polidari want him to play as opp.
    as you all see he was incredible at that position (he is lik skowronska, she was also good MB,but she is an amazing opp)emre take 34 points although he played only in 4 set, ı cannot imagine if he played whole match how many points could he get :whistle:
    anyway congratulation for germany, unfortunately we are defeated by german but we show that we have potential to beat france and maybe poland :box:

• Oh, cool, so in general match was on a pretty good level ;) Thats cool :D
    Ivan Mljković- 35 points against Bulgaria 8| Wow. :what: Ivan, u rock :super:

Yeah, on TV said that Bulgaria - Serbia was the best match in the first day and although I haven't seen the other matches yet I believe them :D Pretty things from both sides and may be what impressed me most was the good defence from both teams because generally this element of the game wasn't known to be very strong for these two. Definately there was a volley show yesterday :thumbup: Now I'm curious to see what teams will present today :whistle:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• against a topteam like Germany

Is Germany a top team? :huh:
    But Turkey fought great. They reminded me Turkish football team from Euro 2008 :) Every ball was priceless for Turkish volleyball players yesterday. As I said before, I hope Germans will be a little bit tired after that fight and we will be able to beat them. Germany won yesterday, but didn't show very good play. Turkey impressed me much more. Both games -against Germans and Turkey - may be difficult for Poland.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I forgot to add, that I'm impressed with fans from Finland. So many of them during the game against Holland. Theye were so loud, but supported the team in sportive way. :thumbup: And we have to remember, that Finland is quite far from Turkey, so the journey wasn't short for them. I hope Finland will qualify to the next round, so that their fans won't be forced to come back home to early.

The most important 3:

• Greece is leading 2-0 against Spain :what: I'm really surprised, cuase Greeks have been playing very badly lately.
    Oh, and Bulgaria is leading 2-0 against Italy, but it is not that surprising.

The most important 3:

• Poland vs Germany 3:1 :dance6: :woohoo: :D
    Yeahhh!! :D Nice match! Amazing Kurek!!! Bartek, ur absolutley amazing! :thumbsup:
    We could win against Germans faster, but unfortunately in the end of 3rd set Piotrek didn't finish attack. We even had match balls. 4th set was a totall domination of Poles :D We played really good today :D . The most important thing for me is that We're real TEAM. Collective. I'm really proud of our boys :thumbup:
    Bartek Kurek- 32 points 8o

• fantastic guys :thumbsup: :cup:
    winning over Germany always taste sweet but winning over Germany which head coach is Lozano is even sweeter :D
    Kurek is just amazing this season. who will thought that player who spent nearly whole season on Skra's bench will be main weapon od Polish NT . 32 points in 4 sets just amazing :D
    Gruszka also played well but this service;| come on even girls from our female NT have better serve :D

it's really promising tournament. we beat 2 most difficult opponents and in next round we will play against such "powerhouse" like Greece or Slovakia and Spain. we should beat them easily if we keep playing like that :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Boys are just great! :thumbsup: keep winning like this guys and you can reach an amazing result, cheers! :drink:

• Very impressive start for Bulgarian NT :) This is the moment we have all been waiting for - some good games and nice start in an Euro championship :) I think we can be optimistic about the games to come when the team plays like this, but let's patiently wait till the end :D one very important thing - our national NT has never showed such a great potential in all aspects of the game, so far we used to show only serves and powerful attacks, but with Prandi we finally have strong block, amazing defence and concentration to come back even after being 1-2 down... I don't want to make predictions because of superstitions, I just hope we continue playing like this as long as possible!

About the teams I had the chance to see so far, Serbia is still a very dangerous team but it's definitely not the monster from 2000 and 2001, in my opinion.. the reason is just one - Janic, Nikic and Kovacevic are not yet grown enough to play the role they are expected to play! Miljkovic might make 30-40 points a game, but as we saw even this is sometimes not enough...

Italians are always very dangerous, but they are also missing those great leaders they had years ago. In my opinion, this NT looks quite different with Zlatanov inside, but this is Anastasi's problem...

I don't think the victory of Greece over Spain is a big surprise. It was convincing indeed, and the Greeks are not in that good recent shape, but Spain is a favourite to win the title again only on paper.. Such things happen only once in a lifetime, their game against Slovakia might also turn into that direction, I am afraid..

Last, Poland is still Poland with or without key players :) Impressive start for them as well, Kurek obviously on fire, we will see how far they can go..

• I'm still waiting for next matches - each team will have (as usual) one game without luck and concentration - we have seen it already in Serbia and Spain.
    Very good Bulgarian start !

• From what I have seen so far, I think Bulgaria is the main candidate for the title. Their outside-hitters are outstanding. I knew offcourse already Nikolov and Kaziyski; Aleksiev is a positive surprise for me.