European Championships 2009 - Turkey

• Very good performance by Czechs. Last game in ECH, if they win it doesn't matter. Bulgaria must concentrate on Holland, Finland and Russia. And there is possibility with one loss not to qualify.
    EDIT
    aha I have realised what's the schedule

Group B&D
    8.09 Bulgaria - Finland
    8.09 Holland - Serbia
    8.09 Russia - Italy (again Italian vs Italian)
    9.09 Russia - Serbia
    9.09 Bulgaria - Holland
    9.09 Italy - Finland
    10.09 Bulgaria - Russia
    10.09 Italy - Holland
    10.09 Serbia - Finland

• Yep, very good match for Czechs. But Bulgarian are again concentric.
    For matches, I don`t think will be like that.
    Check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2…n_Volleyball_Championship Other place is my topic in one other forum - http://forums.softvisia.com/index.php?showtopic=9744

• Europeans is a very tough tournament to predict, since there's a lot of balance among too many squads. If we take a loook at other continental championships, with 12 ou 16 teams, we'll see that there's a couple of better teams and then a huge gap to reach some other, that are much weaker.

That said, I think it's too hard to predict the results. For instance, in 2007, I was very surprised with the outcomes. In spite of that, I'll try to predict a few things.

I think the stronger teams right now are: Russia, Serbia and Bulgaria. My guess is that probably one of those will be champion. And that's funny, because I understand the 3 of those will be in the same pool in the next round. So, definitely one of them will be out of the semifinals. Tough luck!

In the other pool, Poland seems to be the most consistent. I'm actually not that surprised by Greece's results. Although lately they couldn't get great results, we see that: they're a very experienced team; they were in the easiest pool (by far); I never thought Spain was all that, even though they're defending champions. I think France has a shot at the semis, because, other than their setter, they're also an experienced team.

The team I'm most disappointed is Finland. Maybe their non-qualification for World Championship got to their head. At WL, those guys were on fire. They're still the only team that has beaten Brazil this year and, at those games, I could see why. Esko is an excellent setter and the team had a great fighting spirit.

But now, at the European Championship, they didn't show that, unfortunately, because I was kind of rooting for them, maybe not for title, but for a better result, anyway. Today they were completely crushed by Russia - even Estonia (I know nothing about them) could hold up better against Russia.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what happens next.

• Such a thorough view on the sides, congrats! :whistling:

Czechs proved to be a tough opponent even though they were out of the tournament. But in the end it was a classic finish and a 25-17 sending home! :wavy: Great performance by youngster Bratoev on the opposite hitter who replaced Kaziyski and once again Zhekov at his best! I'm amazed of his totally improved digging. There were moments when i recalled winning the bronze at World Cup two years ago! :cup:

• Cev is ridiculous again...
    how the hell can you make the Pool A going versus the Pool C and the Pool B versus the D???
    so we will have a pool with, a part from Poland which is quitestrong, France and Greece who are going to battle for the semifinal???
    and in the other pool Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia and Italy with two of these teams out of the best four???
    bah... :down: :down:
    Even Italy can beat France...imagine Bulgaria or Serbia...

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Where can I watch Poland-Spain?

Here you may find some links: http://punters.pl/Transmisje_s…ie,796,Polska_-_Hiszpania.
    BTW, don't your TV broadcast any matches? You are European Champion! Still... But I suppose they show Eurobasket, don't they?

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• This is because of hosts Turkey. Last ECH Bulgaria, Russia, Finland, Poland and Italy were in the same pool. Now situation is the same, and this time Bulgaria was playing against Serbia and Italy in a 2 days in a row. But as we say in Bulgaria who digs grave to another, he finally falls into it.

• But as we say in Bulgaria who digs grave to another, he finally falls into it.

Yeah, we have the same proverb :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• The fucking spanish TV Teledeporte will show ciclism (Vuelta de España) and the match Spain-Poland after this...
    Thank you!

Shame on u Angel :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Poland 3-2 Spain, more than I expect.

It was horror!!! I almost lost my nails :lol: What a match! Maybe it wasn't match on the highest level, but it was incredibly exciting and interesting match. Poles showed their strong character! Showed that
    they can get up and fight! Once again shown that they r real team. For me it is the most important.
    Just one step to the semis :D

• Bulgaria - Finland 3 : 0

What to say - block, block and ... block :win:

I hope tomorrow we will beat Holland too

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Finland was very dangerous in the 1st set and Sammelvuo has said before the game that Finns will beat us, but unfortunately... :lol: . Now we must win against Holland tomorrow at all cost, because only one loss could let su awa from the semis.

• I can't remember the last time the Dutch team won against Italy in an important game...maybe it was in the Atlanta final 1996 :D

Today Blangé choose for the first time since a long period the right line-up. I can't understand why he always favoured Trommel instead of Rauwerdink. Trommel is worthless at the net and his reception isn't that good. Well, I'm so happy for Rauwerdink. Also Klapwijk played at opposite-position.

Tomorrow against Bulgaria is a total different match. Bulgaria has much more power than Italy;I think that it will be almost impossible to win. But If the Dutch play like today and against Russia they have a little chance agianst Bulgaria.

Offtopic: I totally agree with Copra Piacenza that the draw is a shame. Very strong teams like Bulgaria, Russia, Serbia (and weaker teams Netherlands, Italy and Finland). in the same second round...If you compare that fact with the other side (Greece, Slovakia, France, Poland, Spain, Germany)...no words for it.

• good job Poland we are so close to semis :dance6: unfortunatly i haven't seen the game but i've heard thet Spain played great match with a strong serve so it's good we won with a team that played well :P it's very importand to win such a close matches it's building confidence :)

about drawing. i agree thet it's way too unbalance . pool with Russia Bulgaria Serbia etc seem to be very strong while "our" pool seems to be very easy. BUT there are some strong teams( not the strongest) in here like France Germany Poland and Spain so it's not so easy afterall .remeber 2 years ago, every one kept saying that pool with Serbia Spain etc was very easy but in the end it was Spanish and Serbian who won gold and bronze so we will see which pool was stronger in semis :P

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.