World League 2009

• Boyan Yordanov unfortunately is very badly injured and he can't take a part in WL 2009. Our hopes are that he can probably be ready for the ECH in Turkey. :S

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• If there's something that fans should be happy about this line up is the presence of fantastic Opposites Stanley, Patak and Billings. I believe Patak, at 24, has got to have the biggest potential of all the new players, he is rippin hard spikes. Good that Priddy is taking some rest, finally, Rooney or Anderson can earn some experience... As well as the Middle Blockers. Over-all, the team is strong. But Russia, I honestly think, is the strongest. :)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I was thinkning the same as you about Patak until this season, when you sum it up, He played bad in Vienna and was released and when he came to PAOK, he was solid, but not more than that.

I think that maybe McKienzie or Toppel could have been options as well ( and I would for sure say Ptak as well but I don't know what is going on with his leg)

I agree about Rooney and Anderson though I think Lotman (who was CO player of the year with Anderson) could give them a run for their money.

Very interesting for me is to see a the end who the 2nd Setter will be, what do you think?

• Okay, here's my take. At age 33, having Suxho on that team isn't a good idea for me. Plus I think he has been injury prone for the last couple of years. So I would assume Knipe picking Winder as the 2nd setter is a better option. At 6'8, he'll be a better blocker as well.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I was thinking the same thing about Suxho but as it is Knipe, I wouldn't be so surprised if couple of 49ers like Hildebrand in the Setter position and Lotman and Touzinsky in the Outside would make the team after the cuts (maybe even Tarr though I doubt it, he is not much of a passer unlike Lotman)

• That is so unfortunate for Mikaylov. I think he was the key of Team Russia last year - certainly a better player than Poltavsky. Very quick and powerful attacker. I hope Russia gets a substitute other than Poltavsky. There is no question that Poltavsky is one of the best hitters/opposite but he just does not live up to expectations during crucial times and gets blocked.

• That is so unfortunate for Mikaylov. I think he was the key of Team Russia last year - certainly a better player than Poltavsky. Very quick and powerful attacker. I hope Russia gets a substitute other than Poltavsky. There is no question that Poltavsky is one of the best hitters/opposite but he just does not live up to expectations during crucial times and gets blocked.

it seems poltavksy did not get used to the new ball yet :lol: ....

i wish mikhaylov a fast recovery from the operation..he´s a key player in the team..

• In Bulgarian NT also has a lot of problems with the opposites. After the bad injury of Boyan Yordanov, who won't play in the WL 2009, Vladimir Nikolov also is badly injured ( broken thumb ) and will have an operation - he won't take a part in the first matches too :( So we have Milushev only and Uchikov but the last one definately is not ready to be in the six on the field as titular player.

Wild Wild West!

• Damn, Russia will sorely miss Mikhaylov. ;( He is pure speed and power.

Poltavsky is good but he is inconsistent. He does not maximize his height, he is slow, and he is does not jump that high. However he compensates with technique. I just can't understand why he just shuts down at crucial times. Probably, its a mental thing. He should probably work with a psychologist.

• '19' for the WL is without Szymański, Perłowski and Gacek.

• The French roster :

Setters:
    1 Yannick Bazin (Paris )
    11 Loïc Le Marrec (Tours)
    13 Pierre Pujol (Cannes)

Outside hitters:
    2 Ludovic Castard (Cannes )
    7 Stéphane Antiga (Belchatow)
    9 Guillaume Samica (Jatrebski)
    12 Nicolas Marechal (Tourcoing)
    14 Loic Geiler (Cannes)
    15 Baptiste Geiler (Montpellier)
    16 Emmanuel Ragondet (Sète)

Middle blockers:

3 Gérald Hardy-Dessources (Cannes)
    5 Romain Vadeleux (Cannes)
    6 Jean-Philippe Sol (- Montpellier )
    10 Jean-Stéphane Tolar (Tourcoing)
    17 Oliver Kieffer (Poitiers) => captain

Opposites:
    4 Antonin Rouzier (Roeselare)
    8 Marien Moreau (Toulouse)

Liberos:
    18 Jean-François Exiga (Cannes)
    19 Edouard Rowlandson (Sète)

Some facts about the french NT:

Stability: there has been only three changes between the 2008 world league roster and the 2009 one: Oliver Kieffer (he was injured last year) is back in place of Gary Gendrey, Baptiste Geiler and Ludovic Castard are replacing Bojidar Slavev and Samuele Tuia.
    Family: Baptiste and Loic Geiler are brothers , Emmanuel Ragondet should not be mistaken with his two brothers: Pascal (libero from Tourcoing this year, who will replace Exiga in Cannes next season) and Olivier who won the youth European champiosnhip a few weeks ago.
    Players missing: Henno, Lemay, Herpe, Monméat, Kilama, and some others are not part of the roster...
    Cannes: 6 players are coming from Cannes who ranked very disappointingly 7th in the french championship. Samulele Tuia and Gary Gendrey were also playing with Cannes this year. (Tuia being on the 2009 22 players list). Moreau will play for Cannes next year.
    Opposites: there are only 3 french opposites being starters in the french championship. Moreau being the only one playing in a team that qualified for the play-off.

• "19" for the WL are without Ivan Stanev, Nikolay Nikolov and Nikolay Uchikov, so now the team looks in this way:

setters:
    Andrey Zhekov
    Georgi Bratoev
    Ivan Zarev

Opposites:
    Vladimir Nikolov
    Danail Milushev

Outside hitters:
    Matey Kaziyski
    Plamen Konstantinov
    Metodi Ananiev
    Todor Aleksiev
    Martin Penev
    Tsvetan Sokolov
    Miroslav Gradinarov

Middle blockers:
    Krasimir Gaydarski
    Hristo Tsvetanov
    Teodor Bogdanov
    Svetozar Ivanov
    Stoyko Nenchev

Liberos:
    Teodor Salparov
    Vladislav Ivanov

Wild Wild West!

• About Polish team...
    The same like with female team: I am worried about opposites. Jarosz, Gromadowski... :| Well, I'm not sure about them. And Kurek :roll: I dont think he deserved to play in NT, but it was easy to predict him in the roster since Castellani was Skra coach. That is goodd, that Ruciak is back in the team. He has a very good season in Kędzierzyn.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• 12 Polish players for matches against Brazil:

S: Grzegorz Łomacz, Paweł Woicki
    OH: Michał Bąkiewicz, Zbigniew Bartman, Bartosz Kurek, Michał Ruciak
    MB: Marcin Możdżonek, Piotr Nowakowski, Wojciech Grzyb
    Opp: Jakub Jarosz, Marcel Gromadowski
    L: Krzysztof Ignaczak

• About Polish team...
    The same like with female team: I am worried about opposites. Jarosz, Gromadowski... :| Well, I'm not sure about them. And Kurek :roll: I dont think he deserved to play in NT, but it was easy to predict him in the roster since Castellani was Skra coach. That is goodd, that Ruciak is back in the team. He has a very good season in Kędzierzyn.

My old post fixes to Polish "12" as well. I hope the match against Brazil won't be a slaughterhouse for us and Poish players won't be playing lambs roles...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• What happened with the other setters Poles? Are they injured, or on vacation. Seems that this year will be bad for all national teams - WL, World Qualifications, after that - European Championships. And BG players are not so injured. Boyan is recovering I think, Vlado Nikolov and Konstantinov are back in this team - Plamen and Boyan will not play against Cuba.

• Zagumny was given longer break(he will back for WCH qualification) and Zygadlo spent whole season on Trentio's bench. but setter isn't problem cus Lomacz is doing really well. opp and OH is problem....

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I have been unsuccessful in contacting someone from the Italian national team regarding information about the upcoming World League. Perhaps it is my poor translation to English! :)

Can someone send me a message with the media contact for the national team?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Middle Hitter