Montreux 2009

• so we lost to China 3-0 no surprice. i won't comment on 3rd set cus it was simple a volleyball parody from Poles side.
    but 1st and 2nd set wasn't bad at all.we showed some good volleball and AT LAST we had a quite a nice reception even for that, that match was worth watching :lol: possitive surprice from Swieniewicz really good. overall Skowronska and POdolec absance is a problem. non of our current Opp are able to compete on international level (sad but true :( ) Bednarek was simple horrible today but she probably doesn't think of anything else than her wedding day :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I was disappointed with Poland as well, but China are very very strong and I am sure there will be improvement in the next game.
    For those interested all the games are being broadcast live on spvod.com. (Use Internet Explorer to view.)

• Cuba 3-0 Japan
    All three sets were pretty even, up to the last few points in each, and Cuba just seemed to have that extra edge. Some sloppy service mistakes added to the scoreline, but I think Japan will improve in the next two games.

• Cuba struggle to beat Japan 3-0 very close and tight match . in fact Japan should have won 1st and 3rd set cus they have quite a big lead but they were beaten eventually :( but Japanese should be happy with their performance they played without thei key player(only with Saori) and showed some good play(spacially Kano :thumbup: ) Kawai is a a bit worse version of Takeshita but she is very young she will improve :thumbsup:

in Cuba Carcases and Santos were great Calderon was bit rubish(why Kenia and Rosir can't play well at the sam etime?? :D either one is playing wellor another :teach: )

so now we will see how Olimpic champion will performe :)

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• Matteo or someone else,

Could you recorded the games of Holland this week? A friend of my had to work and he wanted to see the games so badly. I couldn't recorded it this time,could you do this for me please?

Marieke

• dubai sport showed China vs Poland and Cuba vs Japan today, im not sure about the brazil vs Germany because i went out, if u have it on hotbird its free, it seems they will show at least some of the matches :thumbup:

by the way, that was a horrible 3rd set from Poland against China specially on reception, it got comical at times.wish them a better outing next game. :)

Prediction Games:
    Gold Medal - World League 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2011
    Gold Medal- Women's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Grand Prix 2010

• dubai sport showed China vs Poland and Cuba vs Japan today, im not sure about the brazil vs Germany because i went out, if u have it on hotbird its free, it seems they will show at least some of the matches :thumbup:

by the way, that was a horrible 3rd set from Poland against China specially on reception, it got comical at times.wish them a better outing next game. :)

I could see the matches on CCTV5,that's no problem,but a friend had to work . So,I ask this for him, he is a fan of Dutch NT.

• Bednarek was simple horrible today but she probably doesn't think of anything else than her wedding day :D

bednarek is going to marry? happy for her :drink:

agree with you that the 1st and 2nd set is worth to watch, they played better than i expected. but set 3.......just simply ignore it :wall:

however i really can't understand why matlak made such frequent substitutions? even they are leading, still substitute and substitute........

• Brazil played today's match with the following players:

Ana Tiemi - setter
    Sheilla - opposite
    Natália - outside hitter
    Sassá - outside hitter
    Fabiana - middle-blocker
    Caroline Gattaz - middle-blocker
    Fabi - libero

Dani Lins might replace Ana Tiemi in the match against China.

I hope I could see Adenízia in action soon, I am a huge fan of hers!

• New coach, old sins... Of course: it's first important match by Matlak's team, it is strong team of China, European Championships are more important than Montreux, Skowrońska doesn't play etc, etc. But I just can't stand it when team loses like Poles did in the 3rd set. A nightmare. I DO hope it will be better against Germany. Especially, that Matlak has been looking for excuses since he has become a coach ( "Don't expect medals", "Don't expect a lot, it is only preparation stage", "We don't have so many stars"). I don't judge him yet, but just hope he wants to win something after all, not just be a coach of average team.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• bednarek is going to marry? happy for her :drink:

however i really can't understand why matlak made such frequent substitutions? even they are leading, still substitute and substitute........

yeah Agnieszka is going to marriage :heart: her husband will be a former Trefl Gdansk coach Wojciech Kasza(Hope Aga will keep her maiden name :D Kasza doesn't suit her :lol: )
    Matlak is today's interview said he made so many sub because player on court weren't playing well, but in 1st set Baranska and Swieniewicz were playing really well and still they were substitute :S i think Matlak treats this tournament as training session cus if he was treating this tournament serously he wouldn't make so many substitution.

hope we would win against Germany, we always played well against european teams so i'm looking forward for a first win :super: i've seen match against Brasil and to be honest none of the teams impressed me. Brasil looked a bit slow and didn't play in "Samba rhythm" :D but that Natalia is hella good when Jaquline and Paqueno will come back Brasil's OH position will look scary :D
    and Germany didn't look too good either

• Thank you Rainbow :rose:
    That was the first time I had no other option to see volleyball than by CCTV5 - my son was so impressed especially Chinese language in the background :lol:

• First Match: China - Poland
    I think, this match very easy for China NT. Because there are young players in Polish NT. Ming Xue and Yimei Wang played very good. These two players was effective in score. Poland's coach, tried every player in this match. Young players will be good in future time. I like Ming Xue and Dorota Swieniewicz in tihs match.

Second Match: Cuba - Japan
    This match was very excited. The two teams played very well. Cuba, made very simple error but despite this situation Cuba won their first match. I think, defense of Japan with attack of Cuba very good. The best match of firsy day. Yanelis Santos, Nancy Carillo, Kenia Carcaces, Rosir Calderon, Saori Kimura and Maiko Kano played very well.

Third Match: Brazil - Germany
    I think, this match very easy for Brazil. Because, Germany NT just like Poland NT and have got young players. Fabiana Claudino, Natalia Pereira, Sheilla Castro really played very good. Blocks or defence of Germany cann't stop this players. So Germany lost their first match. I think, Garmany cann't win to China match.

• First Match: China - Poland
    I think, this match very easy for China NT. Because there are young players in Polish NT.

Yes, there are some young players in the team, but it can't be an excuse. A lot of them are experienced in the NT, even if they are young. Maybe except Pykosz, Woźniakowska and Żebrowska. And Świeniewicz, Bełcik, Jagieło, Barańska, Żebrowska, Zenik or Sadurek are definitely not young. Of course in the sportive meaninig :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Thank you Rainbow :rose:
    That was the first time I had no other option to see volleyball than by CCTV5 - my son was so impressed especially Chinese language in the background :lol:

You are welcome.What I like this site most is people from different places of the world could help each other to share. :drink: I've enjoyed a lot from other people on the site.I hope I could do something in return if I could.

Below is the links for people who missed the live matches

China~Poland 6-9:
    http://sports.cctv.com/20090610/104144.shtml

Brazil~Germany 6-10:
    part - 1 :http://sports.cctv.com/20090610/104115.shtml
    part - 2 : http://sports.cctv.com/20090610/104137.shtml

• Yes, there are some young players in the team, but it can't be an excuse. A lot of them are experienced in the NT, even if they are young. Maybe except Pykosz, Woźniakowska and Żebrowska. And Świeniewicz, Bełcik, Jagieło, Barańska, Żebrowska, Zenik or Sadurek are definitely not young. Of course in the sportive meaninig :)

You are right. But the purpose is important in here. Poland are trying players and wants to build the best team for ECH and WCH. So Poland's coach made very substitution. China, installed to two-players (Ming Xue and Yimei Wang) to game. I think, this score isnt important. Because this tournaments for frienly match and I believe to Poland. And Świeniewicz, Bełcik, Jagieło, Barańska, Zenik and Sadurek are very experienced. I'm saying again "young players, can't be an excuse" but Poland are very good team ;)

• Results: 10.06.2009
    Netherlands - Japan 3-0 (25-22)(25-23)(25-22)
    China - Germany 3-2 (25-14)(23-25)(25-23)(22-25)(15-7)
    Italy - Cuba 2-3 (19-25)(25-21)(25-15)(23-25)(12-15)

Officall Web Site : http://www.volleymasters.ch/