Olympic Games 2008 - Qualification Phase

• In the Brazilian website site about volleyball, the pools of the 2008 Olympic Games are:
    Pool A: China, Cuba, USA, Japan, Poland and Venezuela
    Pool B: Russia, Brazil, Italy, Serbia, Algeria and Kazakhsthan
    They are sure becuase they said that pools are definitly.

I don't write this phrase in English:
    O sorteio já houve? Pq no melhordovolei.com.br diz que já ocorreu e foram definidos os grupos.

• Pool B is definitely a whoah to me. But I think having China, Cuba and US in the Pool A also is amazing. I think luck will definitely play a major role in this OG. Im rooting for USA, Brazil or China for the Gold. :-)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I totally agrre with you, Jist. Lucky will play a major role in the Olympic Games Women's Volleyball Competition. I just hope Brazil could be lucky enough to end up this competition with the Golden Medal!

• Polish National Team for Olympic Games:

1. SKOWROŃSKA Katarzyna
    2. ZENIK Mariola
    3. DZIĘKIEWICZ Eleonora
    4. GAJGAŁ Katarzyna
    5. CIASZKIEWICZ Karolina
    6. PODOLEC Anna
    7. GLINKA Małgorzata
    8. GODOS Magdalena
    9. BENDAREK Agnieszka
    10. WOZNIAKOWSKA Anna
    11. BARANSKA Anna
    12. SADUREK Milena
    13. ROSNER Milena
    14. LIKTORAS Maria
    15. SAWICKA Agata
    16. FRACKOWIAK Joanna
    17. KACZOR Joanna
    18. SKORUPA Katarzyna
    19. TOMSIA Berenika

• Thank you for this. For sure Glinka, Liktoras, Podolec, Skowronska are sure for the official 12. USA's line up will be released on July 01. ill just post it as soon as i get it.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Interesting squad. Rather no surprises (maybe Woźniakowska, who has played really less, since Bonitta had become a coach). Good to see Kaczor here. And Godos... I don't know... But she wouldn't be nothing more than 3rd setter. This team is strong and I think it has big chances to take advantage of this in OG.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• To the last moments i had hope, that we'll see Joanna Mirek in roster... but unfortunately not.

I think her play in NT is closed chapter now. She's not young, Bonitta don't want her in his team (as well as Bełcik) and I suppos she know that and wouldn't give much to this representation.
    On the other hand - I'm sad with this what happened with Kamila Frątczak. She seemed to be great, "second" Glinka as some people used to say... However - injuries spoilt everything, and she is nothing but average player now :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I read carefully Serbian roster, and oficially ANJA SPASOVEVIC will NOT be part of Serbian NT/!!! ;(

Anja is one of my favorite players in the world...... too bad she is out....... :thumbdown:

;( ;(

Joana, do you know any news about it?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…x_-nE&feature=related

Trailer to the Volleyball Competition in Beijing. Featured are the top 6 contenders for the Gold: China, Italy, Brazil, Russia, USA and Cuba. (Tho i consider Poland And Serbia as well. Even Japan). Nice video. Thanks Ruben

• ANJA SPASOVEVIC

What about Spasovevic?

you have also Brakocević - amazing girl with talent :)

• JAPAN 12 ROSTER (BEIJING OLYMPIC VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT)

1 Megumi KURIHARA 1984 186cm OH
    2 Asako TAJIMI 1972 180cm MB
    3 Yoshie TAKESHITA 1978 159cm S
    4 Kanako OMURA 1976 184cm MB
    5 Miyuki TAKAHASHI 1978 170cm WS
    6 Yuko SANO 1979 159cm L
    7 Sachiko SUGIYAMA 1979 184cm MB
    8 Yuka SAKURAI 1974 167cm L
    9 Miyuki KANO 1977 174cm WS
    11 Erika ARAKI 1984 186cm MB
    12 Saori KIMURA 1986 184cm WS
    14 Yuki KAWAI 1990 168cm S

OH - Position 4 Hitter, WS - both-Wings (Universal Attacker), MB - Central, S - Setter, L - Libero

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Polish roster ("14")

Setters:

-Milena Sadurek
    -Katarzyna Skorupa
    Outside Hitters:
    -Anna Podolec
    -Małgorzata Glinka
    -Milena Rosner
    -Anna Barańska
    -Anna Woźniakowska
    Opposite Hitters:
    -Katarzyna Skowrońska
    -Joanna Kaczor
    Middle Blockers:
    -Eleonora Dziękiewicz
    -Maria Liktoras
    -Agnieszka Bednarek
    -Katarzyna Gajgał
    Libero:
    -Mariola Zenik

(lsk.net.pl)

Unfortunately we have a problem with Liktoras again :( She had a knee surgery and her olympic performance isn't sure. Luckily Masza already trains but she doesn't do all exercises.

• hey...Is there anyone konw about the Venezuela and Algeria's final roster(12) when they play the Olympic Qualification Tournament in South America and Africa???
    If anyone could tell me ....that would be so nice~!thanks....

• Such a nice squad, and now if Skowronska has a bad day Kaczor could help out... And look at the middles, so strong 4 ones. Great, hope their minds will be fit for the Olympics :)

• hey...Is there anyone konw about the Venezuela and Algeria's final roster(12) when they play the Olympic Qualification Tournament in South America and Africa???
    If anyone could tell me ....that would be so nice~!thanks....

Yessica Paz (she played last year in Benidorm, Spain)
    Genesis Franchesco
    Jayce Andrade (she played last year in Lleida, Spain)
    Desiree Glod (she played last year in Icaro Palma, Spain)
    Aleoscar Blanco
    María José Pérez
    María Valero (líbero)
    Geraldine Quijada (she played last year in UBU, Spain)
    Luz Delfines
    Daymara Brito