World Grand Prix 2010

• What about Metcalf?

• Italy team for first weekend:

MBs: Arrighetti, Barazza, Crisanti
    OHs: Piccinini, Del Core, Bosetti, Barcellini, Di Iulio
    Setters: Rondon, Bechis
    Libero: Cardullo
    Opp: Ortolani

Lo Bianco and Gioli will stay in Italy in training camp with the younger players, if I understood the article from the Italian site right they will join for the 2nd weekend.

• I wish Bechis would stay there and Rondon would leave :thumbdown: I have no idea what Barbolini likes about her (except her height), even Noemi Signorile made a better impression on me during Piemonte Cup!

I agree in that. I think that Bechis and even SIgnorile are in better shape then Rondon right now.

• Cardullo 'll not go to Brazil for a smal problem to her eyes... :down: So the libero of italy 'll be Merlo...

• So, Italy will play the 1st round of the WGP without three of their stars: Lo Bianco, Gioli and Cardullo.

I believe Barbolini will use this strategy so that Italy will learn the way Brazil's main team play but Brazil, on the other hand, won't be able to face the Italian team with its full force. I believe Barbolini is attempting to surprise Brazil when these teams play against each other later on both in tthe World Grand Prix Final Round and eventually in the World Championship. I will not be surprised if Piccininni, Del Core, Barazza and Ortolani don't play on Sunday.

Last time both teams faced each other, Jaqueline and Fabiana were missing in Brazil's team. If I am not mistaken Italy was complete. Now the situation is the opposite.

I only hope Brazil could evolve and be at the top of its form both technically and physically in November.

• Puerto Rico annouces 12 players arriving in Chengdu China

Setters: Vilmarie Mojica, Glorimar Ortega
    Opposites: Saraí Álvarez, Diana Reyes (Opp/Central)
    Wings: Aury Cruz, Karina Ocasio, Tatiana Encarnación, Stephanie Enright
    Centrals: Sheila Ocasio, Alexandra Oquendo
    Liberos: Xaymara Colón, Debora Seilhammer

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Dutch team for WGP 2010:

Setters: Laura Dijkema, Judith Blansjaar

MB: Francien Huurman, Caroline Wensink, Robin de Kruijf, Quinta Steenbergen

OH: Chaine Staelens, Debby Stam, Maret Grothues, Alice Blom

Opp: Manon Flier, Nicole Koolhaas

Libero: Janneke van Tienen, Myrthe Schoot

Now I see, it is the same group as in Piemonte Cup.

Not in the team: Visser, Buijs, Sloetjes, Stoltenborg. I think Visser wil only play WCH. Buijs ans Sloetjes are out because of personal reasons. (also absent ofcourse Staelens and Meijners).
    This year's team is not the strongest, but I hope the young players will gain a lot of experience!

• USA TEAM FOR POLAND LEG:

OH - Megan Hodge, Cynthia Barboza, Jordan Larson

Opposites - Ogonna Nnamani, Destinee Hooker, Nicole Fawcett

MB - Heather Bown, Jennifer Tamas, Foluke Akinradewo

Setters - Nellie Spicer, Alisha Glass

Libero - Nicole Davis, Stacy Sykora

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Thailand once play very well, once very bad. If they play in high level all match Holland will be without set. Setter of Holland is bad.