European League 2010

• I think that the main reason is that they played really weak teams in previoud round. At least Bulgaria and Serbia played agianst each other 4 times...

I think the main reason is Serbia and Bulgaria has been playing with full roster and main players whole competition and Turkey just used them since 2 or 3 weeks ago.

On the other hand, I hope we'll be able to watch an interesting match tomorrow... I'll cheer up for Bulgaria, because I really want them in GP but probably Serbia will win. On the other match, Tur-Isr, I think if Turkey is gonna play with main team they have to win without problems.

• Its time to kick Nihan and Chiappini fastly from team i miss gülden a lot :down:

alle nin biraz haysiyeti şerefi varsa kendiliğinden istifa etmesi gerekir. neslihan hariç takımın hali rezalet.

neslihan 29 sayı - 54 hücum - %48
    Neslihan 2 - 3 Bulgaristan

dunno how we ll beat china, russia, etc... in WCH. we cant even beat bulgaria. i hope chiappini ll be kickin out very soon n gülden ll come back instead of nihan.

• Neslihan,Eda and Neriman did their job well but rest of team especially Nihan is biggest reason in lose

Elitsa Vasileva played with %11. She not looks well.Filipova played an amazing match

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I'm really sorry for the Turkish girls. (for Bulgarian users: I am not against Bulgaria, I am fan of some Turkish players: Eda, Naz, Neslihan)

The biggest problem is indeed Nihan. She already played a bad season with Fenerbahce and she simply has no international level. Gülden is in my memory a great libero and she MUST come back. Second big problem is the OH-position. Seda isn't a good receicer, Neriman is still too young and has too much ups ans downs...Esra is stable but is not a star.
    Third problem is second MB-position. Eda is great but I'm not convinced by Bahar Toksoy.

In my opinion Turkey has three great players: Eda, Neslihan, Gülden. Naz can become a great player in a few years. The other positions are weak, which was visible today again.

• alle nin biraz haysiyeti şerefi varsa kendiliğinden istifa etmesi gerekir. neslihan hariç takımın hali rezalet.

neslihan 29 sayı - 54 hücum - %48
    Neslihan 2 - 3 Bulgaristan

dunno how we ll beat china, russia, etc... in WCH. we cant even beat bulgaria. i hope chiappini ll be kickin out very soon n gülden ll come back instead of nihan.

What do you mean, dude? This Bulgarian team have Zetova, Vasileva, Yaneva, Filipova which all are first class players and is definitely not mediocre team. Last year only bad coaching let us out from top 6 in the ECH. You should pay respect to others.

• I wanna say that it was not exciting match till the fourth set and I really did not enjoy the time. But beginning from the 4th set we saw real fight between the teams. I congratulate Bulgaria,not only becasue of victory but also for the charachter and promising young players like Karakasheva,Rabadzhieva,Nenova and although I did not like her yesterday,Vasilleva too.
    Turkey played so bad yesterday and to tell the truth I was not unexpected for me. We can call this team-Team of Opposites. Neriman,Seda,Meryem,Neslihan-all of them are opposite players originally. The reception was so awful,and I think if there was not Esra,Bulgaria could have won 3-0.
    The only good player was Neslihan for whom I really felt very sorry! She was amazing yesterday! I felt that she was tired and maybe that`s why she gave up at the last balls,but anyway she did not believe her eyes when they lost. It is just unbelievable-to lose tie break from 12-6.
    I can not say that Nihan was so bad,because she tried to take a big area on the court and that`s why sometimes she had some mistakes,anyway I think Gulden would be better choice.
    Esra was the reason for winning following two sets,because she made reception much better than the others.
    Seda and Naz were awful. Seda stays in block so much. And Naz-first two sets she did not use first temp-middle blockers,and in other sets she did it a few times. I am not impressed with Naz`s game at all,anymore. I prefer Pelin to her. Naz plays not fast,Pelin does it better.
    Neriman was so bad in reception and was in trouble to take points on attack. She has very strong attacks,but she is not scorer.
    I did not like Eda,she played good just in two sets,maybe that`s the fault of Naz. But Bahar I saw more impressive than her.
    Bulgaria!
    Zetova-She is a legend! Her serves were the key to the victory! Her being on the court helped the girls!
    Yaneva-in first two sets she was outstamding-I think her dig of Neslihan`s attack at 13-9 was come back for Bulgaria.
    Filipova-I watched her in Russian Superleague-Karpol did a star from her. Second Simona Gioli! She is super blocker and attacker!Hero of the macth!
    Diana Nenova-did not like her in the first set,but after that she was just amazing,she showed how fast and variegative has to play a setter. Rabita is very lucky that they have such a setter,except Zhukova.
    Zarkova was also successful on serves and attacking from the 3rd zone.
    Vassileva-Don`t wanna talk about her-she was the worst!
    Filipova Marija-normal!
    I was impressed a lot by Rabadzhieva,Karakasheva and Nikolova. Bulgaria has a splendid Future,they had quite nice Past and I think they will com eback again!

• I'm really sorry for the Turkish girls. (for Bulgarian users: I am not against Bulgaria, I am fan of some Turkish players: Eda, Naz, Neslihan)

The biggest problem is indeed Nihan. She already played a bad season with Fenerbahce and she simply has no international level. Gülden is in my memory a great libero and she MUST come back. Second big problem is the OH-position. Seda isn't a good receicer, Neriman is still too young and has too much ups ans downs...Esra is stable but is not a star.
    Third problem is second MB-position. Eda is great but I'm not convinced by Bahar Toksoy.

In my opinion Turkey has three great players: Eda, Neslihan, Gülden. Naz can become a great player in a few years. The other positions are weak, which was visible today again.

Totally agree with you :thumbsup:%90 of turks hate Nihan and Chiappini.We started a campaign in our turkish forum to send Nihan&Chiappini couple :lol:

You should check users avatar :lol: >>> http://voleybolforum.net/showthread.php?t=1568

• What is this ? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Nihan :drink:

Where are Gülden ? :box:

Who was the libero to play in four finals last year? Answer: Gülden Kayalar.

The biggest problem is Chiappini.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Funny :lol: Come one.I dont care F4 awards system also awards has given to Fenerbahce and Vakıfbank players.Gülden is our best libero.Nihan has no idea whats reception or protection :lol:Only she brings mistake during match.Nihan is the weakest point in team as all know.Alle and Nihan both are danger for Turkish NT's future.Dont protect her coz she is playing in Fenerbahçe :thumbdown: She is playing for NT now.I dont care what she's doing for club.

• Funny :lol: Come one.I dont care F4 awards system also awards has given to Fenerbahce and Vakıfbank players.Gülden is our best libero.Nihan has no idea whats reception or protection :lol:Only she brings mistake during match.Nihan is the weakest point in team as all know.Alle and Nihan both are danger for Turkish NT's future.Dont protect her coz she is playing in Fenerbahçe :thumbdown: She is playing for NT now.I dont care what she's doing for club.

You're funny. Our problem is not a libero player.(gülden or nihan). The biggest problem is Chiappini.Esra and Neriman wondering about the comment.We do not talk about them?They played it too well? :thumbdown:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Titleholder Serbia and crazy Bulgaria will battle for the 2010 Women’s European league crown

Ankara, Turkey, July 24, 2010. In front of more than 6’500 fans in Baskent Sport Hall in Ankara, Bulgaria defeated host Turkey in a crazy five-setter. Two sets down, Turkey fought back bravely to take an 11-6 lead in tiebreak, but Bulgaria bounced back to end it 15-13 in their favor. In today’s first semifinal, Serbia outclassed newcomer Israel in straight sets.

In front of more than 6’500 excited fans and supporters in Baskent Sport Hall in Ankara, Bulgaria took command initially to lead 8-3 at the first technical timeout in today’s semi-final between Turkey and Bulgaria. Filipova put a lot of pressure on the Turk’s service reception with a series of five serves from 4-3 to 9-3 before the host side bounced back mightily, with Captain Esra overcoming the taller blockers with her devastating cross-court spikes to reduce the gap to four points at the second technical timeout. After another service winner from Bulgarian Zarkova at 22-17, Turkish head coach Alessandro Chiappini called his second timeout. However, the Turks were not strong enough to fight back. Neslihan’s serve ended in the net to give Bulgaria a well-deserved 1-0 set lead.
    19-years old Emiliya Nikolova used her power to tear the Turkish defence into pieces with her fierce spike to open the second set with an 8-4 Bulgarian lead. Chiappini brought in second setter Pelin for Naz who experienced some major problems finding her rhythm with Neslihan. Even though the Turks scored with Eda and Esra, the Bulgarians had enough to hold them off. Yaneva smashed for a 19-11 lead, Filipova added another point through the middle to make it 20-11 for Bulgaria. Karakasheva brought up set point from the left; another unforced error at the host’s side ended the second set in Bulgarian’s favor, 25-17.
    Cheered on relentlessly by the large crowd of home fans packing the 7,000-seater competition venue, the Turkish players started to produce the goods in the beginning of the third set. Neslihan hammered one down to give Turkey a comfortable 8-2 lead at the first technical timeout. They spiked, boosted and blocked well to lead 13-3 (!) in the middle of the third set. Bulgarian head coach Dragan Nesic used five substitutions to interrupt the Turkish run, but the “Orient Express” was now unstoppable. Neslihan closed it out for the Turks, 25-11 and remarkable comeback for the hosts.
    Neriman opened the fourth set with five serves in a row from 3-3 to 8-3, whilst Bulgaria did not regain their strength from the first two sets. Stronger serves seemed to be a key factor for the Turks to bounce back strongly. However, an 11-7 Turkish lead in the middle of the set was not enough to secure the tiebreak. Nesic players suddenly woke up to turn around the score to 13-11 in their favor. The match now balanced on a knife’s edge as both teams showed their best. Bulgaria was one point ahead at the second technical timeout, 16-15. Some rallies later, Bahar served for a 20-18 Turkish lead. At 19-22, Nesic called his second timeout, but it was already too late. Neslihan found some space in the Bulgarian defense to offer her fans a fifth set.
    Turkey continued their run in the fifth set as the hosts jumped out for a 4-1 lead in the deciding set. Bahar blocked for a 9-6 Turkish lead, before two poor Bulgarian service receptions gave the hosts a five-point advantage at 11-6. However, Bulgaria fought back bravely to reduce the gap to one point at 12-13. One rally later, 19-year young Rabadzhieva tied the match at 13-13. Another Rabadzhieva hammer gave Bulgaria their first match point. Turkey tried to counter, but Filipova blocked the Bulgarians after 115 minutes match play in heaven, 15-13.

“Even though Turkey was close to victory, we didn’t stop fighting”, said Bulgarian Captain Eva Yaneva. “It’s just great what we did tonight.” “Fans and supporters saw a crazy game”, stated Bulgarian head coach Dragan Nesic. “I felt like sitting in a rollercoaster.”

Turkish head coach Alessandro Chiappini said: “We started very nervous, feeling some pressure on our shoulders. But after the second set, we found a way to come back from underground. What happened at the end is just unbelievable. We led 11-6, before Bulgaria bounced back. I can’t believe it.”

In today’s first semi-final opposing 2009 titleholder Serbia and newcomer Israel, the Israeli started with a 3-1 lead, but Serbia responded with a number of searing winners from Brakocevic and Captain Nikolic. Israel experienced some difficulties with the sharp Serbian serves, but did a great job in defense. Serbia led 16-12 at the second technical timeout, then 21-17, forcing Israeli head coach Arie Selinger to reorganize his team during a timeout. However, the Serbians pulled through. Nikolic brought up set point from the left, and, again Nikolic, finished the first set with a block kill after an epic rally, 25-20.
    The Israeli tried hard to make amends in the second period. However, the tall Serbian ladies controlled the net zone with solid block work and some fast offensive combinations. Outstanding setter Ognjenovic moved the scoreboard to 13-5 with a clever left hand tip, and booked a block point at 15-6. Serbian head coach Zoran Terzic replaced Nikolic with Molnar who scored a spectacular service winner for a 20-8 Serbian lead. Vesovic ended the Israeli’s challenge in the second set with a powerful spike.
    In the third set, Terzic brought in Krsmanovic to give strong Serbian middle blocker Veljkovic some rest. Israel’s Velikiy did her best to reduce the five-point gap with an impressive back row missile, but Serbia still gained the upper hand, when they led commandingly 16-7. From then on, the 2009 titleholders never looked back to wrap up the last set 25-21 and the match. Best scorer was Serbian Jovana Vesovic with 12 points. Anna Velikiy scored 11 times for Israel.

“Congratulations to Israel, they played a great European League campaign so far. But today we were the better team”, said Serbian Captain Jelena Nikolic. And head coach Zoran Terzic added: “Israel committed many unforced errors; they helped us a lot. But my ladies played well tonight. Let’s stay focused for tomorrow’s final.”

Israel’s head coach Arie Selinger commented: “We can win against the second Serbian team, but not against their top six. We are very happy to be here as a part of this top level competition. In two years my team will even be better.”

CEV President Mr. André Meyer is very happy that the Women’s European League “immediately established its role on the international scenario with FIVB having endorsed a provision stating that this year’s winning team will be automatically qualified for the 2011 FIVB World Grand Prix.”

Even though hosting international events is not an initial for the Turkish Volleyball Federation, this time it is absolutely a “première” as Baskent Volleyball Hall is doing the honors of its “first” international final. Mr. Erol Ünal Karabiyik, President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation, said that his “sole desire was the most valuable teams of European Women’s volleyball to show Ankara’s volleyball fans the visual feast, aesthetic, and the contest spirit of our beloved sport.”

The Final Four of the second edition of the Women’s European League will continue on Sunday with the bronze medal game opposing Israel and Turkey scheduled at 17h00, while the Final between Serbia and Bulgaria will start at 20h00 local time.

Women’s Final Four in Ankara (TUR):

Results and further match schedule:

Saturday, July 24, 2010
    Serbia vs. Israel 3:0 (25-20, 25-12, 25-21)
    Turkey vs. Bulgaria 2:3 (19-25, 17-25, 25-11, 25-23, 13-15)

Sunday, July 25, 2010
    17:00h (local time) Bronze medal match: Turkey vs. Israel
    20:00h (local time) Gold medal match: Serbia vs. Bulgaria

• I think Yeldan is the weakest point of Turkey. Turkish team needs Kayalar or Guresen, they are both better than Yeldan.

Yeldan got the Champions League to Bergamo few months ago. Now she got the final of the European League to Bulgary. She is one of the weakest liberos I've ever seen, you can find a better one even in italian serie A2.

• Very equal game. The more experienced team won. Congratulations for Bulgaria and Serbia :thumbup:

• And Best Blocker a player that she wasn't in the final, where there were 30 blocks in total :white:

• May be they mean best looking blocker? It would be hard even by this criteria :lol: