World Grand Prix 2011

• She was second libero in Dinamo Moscow. More infos here and here

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It will be great to see Kristin Richards again in USA NT :thumbsup:
    I can't wait for World Grand Prix :win:

• Kosheleva and Goncharova are injuried.

Kosheleva made medical exams today in Moscow that showed she will have to make a surgery in her knee...and most likely she wont be able to play WGP 2011 :(

Goncharova twisted her ankle but its nothing to serious, and will probably be back soon.

• Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows the game schedule and location of the Bangkok Leg of the Grand Prix on the 19th to 21st of August? I was planning to go there to watch but I couldn't find any details in the net. It would also be helpful if you know any sites where I could buy the tickets. Thanks!

You have not to buy any ticket. It's free. :lol:

• German roster for WGP:

S: Kathleen Weiß, Mareen Apitz
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe
    OH: Regina Burchardt, Anne Matthes, Heike Beier, Maren Brinker
    MB: Nadja Schaus, Kathy Radzuweit, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Christiane Fürst
    L: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr

• German roster for WGP:

OMG, I'm so happy Apitz is in the NT again. but Where is Denise Hanke? Hmm, I don't really like Guidetti's decision on MB. some young MB should be in the team even though she's not gonna play that much. :sleeping:

• German roster for WGP:

Wow, that's the squad I love. But, only two opposite players? I don't really trust Hippe, she's so young and raw...

• Russian roster for WGP:

Setter: Evgeniya Startseva, Vera Ulyakina, Anna Matienko
    Libero: Viktoria Kuzyakina, Ekaterina Kabeshova
    Middle Blocker: Maria Borodakova, Maria Duskryadchenko, Yulia Merkulova, Yulia Sedova
    Attacker: Olga Bukreeva, Olga Fateeva, Natalia Goncharova, Ekaterina Gamova, Lesya Makhno

Bukreeva will play instead of injured Kosheleva, and Kuzyakina replaces Chernova who asked to go home for some weeks for personal reasons.

Source: http://www.volley-balls.ru/new…-in-world-grand-prix.html

• Well...If Brazil won't win thus GP it will be shame for them. In my opinion this year they are with the strongest roster, and during Brazilian International Cup we saw that all players are in a good shape (Only Fabiana is not so good as she was last year, but Paula heard all our comments and now she makes aces from the serve :lol: ). All other teams - Italy, Germany, Russia, Netherlands - they have much work to do :( (((( Only USA as always is a mysterious, that always can surprise us.

• According to this

http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…alRound.asp?Tourn=WGP2011

After three rounds of pool play consisting of 24 matches per week, the top seven teams and China will fight it out in the grand finale of the FIVB’s premier annual women’s event with a Round-Robin system.

Round-Robin system - that should be 4matches a day. Each team play once a day and 7 matches per team in the grand finale in macao. But the final's schedule is 24-28, which just only 5 days. That suppose to be a week, am I right??

Is that possible to play the final round like WL 2011 Final round system??

But FIVB Web said that "the grand finale of the FIVB’s premier annual women’s event with a Round-Robin system"

Confuse :what: Wanna waiting for FIVB but really wanna know :cheesy:

• Wow, that's the squad I love. But, only two opposite players? I don't really trust Hippe, she's so young and raw...

How is Saskia Hippe right hand injury !?
    can she play for WGP !?!?

• How is Saskia Hippe right hand injury !?
    can she play for WGP !?!?

Mattias said her injury is not that serious as it looked. so She will probably play for WGP :thumbsup: Thanks Matthias!

• Mattias said her injury is not that serious as it looked. so She will probably play for WGP :thumbsup: Thanks Matthias!

Mattias and emil-kei , thank you for telling me. I'm happy to hear that :-). looking forward to watching her play and I hope this WGP will be good step for her new season in Chieri ^^

• From my understanding, the 8 teams that advance to final round will split to 2 pools.

Each Pool will have 4 teams that play round robin before the top 2 teams from each pool crossover for the semifinals.

So the first 3 days of the final round will be round robin and the next 2 days the medal round.

• From my understanding, the 8 teams that advance to final round will split to 2 pools.

Each Pool will have 4 teams that play round robin before the top 2 teams from each pool crossover for the semifinals.

So the first 3 days of the final round will be round robin and the next 2 days the medal round.

Just Like World League Final round, am I right???

Thank you so much :rose: