World Grand Prix 2011

• lol. I live in germany and i cannot watch videos from laola because the stream is not allowd in my country !!!! are we living in the 15 th century or what ???? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

• lol. I live in germany and i cannot watch videos from laola because the stream is not allowd in my country !!!! are we living in the 15 th century or what ???? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

No but in a country where a sports channel bought the rights for the whole GP just to show the final match in pay TV and a 30 minute summary of it in free TV :thumbdown: And for that we can't watch Laola :roll:

• No but in a country where a sports channel bought the rights for the whole GP just to show the final match in pay TV and a 30 minute summary of it in free TV :thumbdown: And for that we can't watch Laola :roll:

which sports channel bought the rights ??? to be honest, volleyball is not so popular on tv in germany like soccer or basketball, therefore they should not show it on paytv, more onn eurosport or sport 1

• Why do people care about Mari and Sheilla's personal lives? Focus on the volleyball and your own personal lives! Geez!

Brazil completely dominated Japan today and it was quite painful to watch as they outperformed Japan in every skill. Brazil's block completely shut down the Japanese MB's and were putting a lot of pressure on Saori and the other outside hitters. Japanese attack never really got into rhythm and they weren't able to effectively sideout. Great to see Paula Pequeno back in shape and aggressive on the court. In the previous matches and during the Brazilian SuperLeague it looked like she was playing with some doubt and hesitancy. As one of the Brazilian commentators said on SportTv, she was playing like the Paula Pequeno of 2008. Great passing by Mari! She still isn't as consistent as she was before but I am sure by the Final Round she will be a huge part of Brazil's success. Sheilla is a goddess and was her normal self. I was most impressed by Dani Lins. She looked very confident and fluid in her setting. No confused or scared looks to the bench. Setting was Brazil's biggest weakness last season with the inconsistency of a real starter, but I think Dani Lins has secured her spot and Brazil will be even better!! Also, Thaisa is amazing. She continually improves every season. For some reason she doesn't get a lot of attention but IMO I think she is the best MB in the world right now.....yes, better than Foluke, or more consistently good I'll say :)

Great win for Korea!! People had their doubts about FBA signing Kim, but I think if you watched the match you realize that she is a special player. Korea's starting setter and one of their MB's are out with injuries so it was good to see them perform well under those circumstances. As Matthis has already said, Germany really needs to go back to the drawing board and remedy their position 4 attacking. They better call back Grun of find a 14-year old with talent because Beier and Brinker are no where near the level they need to be if Germany really wants to achieve success.

• Why do people care about Mari and Sheilla's personal lives? Focus on the volleyball and your own personal lives! Geez!

Brazil completely dominated Japan today and it was quite painful to watch as they outperformed Japan in every skill. Brazil's block completely shut down the Japanese MB's and were putting a lot of pressure on Saori and the other outside hitters. Japanese attack never really got into rhythm and they weren't able to effectively sideout. Great to see Paula Pequeno back in shape and aggressive on the court. In the previous matches and during the Brazilian SuperLeague it looked like she was playing with some doubt and hesitancy. As one of the Brazilian commentators said on SportTv, she was playing like the Paula Pequeno of 2008. Great passing by Mari! She still isn't as consistent as she was before but I am sure by the Final Round she will be a huge part of Brazil's success. Sheilla is a goddess and was her normal self. I was most impressed by Dani Lins. She looked very confident and fluid in her setting. No confused or scared looks to the bench. Setting was Brazil's biggest weakness last season with the inconsistency of a real starter, but I think Dani Lins has secured her spot and Brazil will be even better!! Also, Thaisa is amazing. She continually improves every season. For some reason she doesn't get a lot of attention but IMO I think she is the best MB in the world right now.....yes, better than Foluke, or more consistently good I'll say :)

Great win for Korea!! People had their doubts about FBA signing Kim, but I think if you watched the match you realize that she is a special player. Korea's starting setter and one of their MB's are out with injuries so it was good to see them perform well under those circumstances. As Matthis has already said, Germany really needs to go back to the drawing board and remedy their position 4 attacking. They better call back Grun of find a 14-year old with talent because Beier and Brinker are no where near the level they need to be if Germany really wants to achieve success.

I just wish paula would be able to stay on shape (and no more injuries, please!). i don't want a repeat of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuhtHg4pLcs X(

• which sports channel bought the rights ??? to be honest, volleyball is not so popular on tv in germany like soccer or basketball, therefore they should not show it on paytv, more onn eurosport or sport 1

Sport 1 bought the rights, but they'll just show final match on Sport 1+ (pay channel) :thumbdown: It's the same as with Men World League matches...

• Poland won fairly easily 3-0. we have 3 points and it's all that matters cus our game was just...urrrggghhhh :cursing:
    positives:we are trying to play faster
    negatves; it doesn't work lol :D most of the time our spikers just tip the ball over the net beacause there was no right rhythm, we don't use MB AT ALL(well Okuniewska's absence might be an excuse cus Podolec is not a MB and Efimienko is more of a "block only" MB)

it's going to be hard match tomorrow , if we serve well there's a chance otherwise it going to be extremely hard to win against Dominican republic

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• i think today is the first time i saw anna podolec play as a middle blocker. do any of you guys know when she made the switch from being a wing hitter?

we don't have 2 healthy MB in our country so Podolec need to play as MB, i think she normally trains as OH/opp

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Fersola from Argentina is the Leader of the Team. Did She play in Europe the last season?

• we don't have 2 healthy MB in our country so Podolec need to play as MB, i think she normally trains as OH/opp

This position is the last chance for Podolec ;( She isn't ready to play as wing spiker. Probably it will not be 100% allright with her shoulder anymore ;( On MB position they don't must attack so often and this is a chance for her.

• yoiks! too bad! i enjoyed watching her as an opposite hitter. good luck to poland. with no regular mb's, i really think things are going to be very difficult.

This position is the last chance for Podolec ;( She isn't ready to play as wing spiker. Probably it will not be 100% allright with her shoulder anymore ;( On MB position they don't must attack so often and this is a chance for her.

• Anerys Vargas is such a beautiful woman, she indeed gets more beautiful with her age !!! I really would like to see her in europe , especially in Turkey again ! Lisel Eve is not bad either ! :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

• Fersola from Argentina is the Leader of the Team. Did She play in Europe the last season?

From Argentina only three players play in Europe: Pineda in Italy, Nizetich in France (Calais) and Castiglione in Azerbaijan (Iqsidatchi).
    You could miss the players ;) In Europe plays in CAV Murcia Marianne Fersolqa, MB from Dominican Republic NT. You probably thought about Lucia Fresco, OP from Argentina. According to FIVB site (although there are some mistakes :whistle: ) she played in Boca Juniors.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Wow! I didn't think i was the only one who noticed that. Vargas is really gorgeous

Anerys Vargas is such a beautiful woman, she indeed gets more beautiful with her age !!! I really would like to see her in europe , especially in Turkey again ! Lisel Eve is not bad either ! :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Anyway, isn't azerbaijan sometimes geographically considered to be part of asia? Maybe if they played in asian qualifiers we'd see them play in the gp much more often.

• new block record for japan nt against korea :drink:

vargas played in vakifbank 3 years ago and won the challange cup.... she is really good mb , ı would like to see her in turkey again :=)