2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• I'd like to mention also some sportmanship: Brakocevic congratulated every player (both her teammates and Italian ones) after the match. This is the right attitude!

• I want to update stats, but these from Germany-Croatia are still not available :mad:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Maja's spike on set point was definitely the highlight of the game. :D And she played a really good match overall.
    Italy fought really hard in the second set and managed to make it close for a while, but at the moment this group of players is just not up for this level.

Mihajlovic might be back for the semis.

• Just finished watching GER-CRO...Germany can play really well but they also take so many "time-outs" like in 2nd set from 24:18 to 24:23. Croatia was very weak in reception and in the beginning also in the defense, and I didn't like Grbac at all. Having a MB like Poljak and not being able to use her :wall:

Anyway I'm very happy that the team made it to semifinal :super: Guidetti says he expects another tie-break match against Belgium because the teams know each other so well from EL. SRB-RUS will also be a great match I hope, Serbia has the much better setter but apart from that the teams are similar, just that Mihajlovic as Serbian "Kosheleva" might still be missing. She wasn't even in the roster today, so I doubt she can play a full match on Friday :S

• Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game

• How do they rank the teams between 5-8 since there is qualification game? :teach:

• How do they rank the teams between 5-8 since there is qualification game? :teach:

Don't worry I will find it 4U as I found info about Your volleyball career in Istanbulspor :D

Poland, Germany, Belgium, Serbia and Russia qualified to 2014 World Grand Prix. Will be added Team from 5th place or Teams from 5th to 7th.

• And I found it 4U Darling:

5 Italy
    6 Croatia
    7 Turkey
    8 France

I hope FIVB will give 8 spots to Europe to Grand Prix.

• It is very sad to watch this year Euro, I am afraid this is the lowest level ever. It is quite disappointing that such team as Belgium reaches semis. There are not really many differences between teams, but it is not becasue of higher level of teams, which usually played worse (France, Czech, Belgium) than others, but because this former better teams (Italy, Turkey, Poland, Netherlands) play really bad now

• Don't worry I will find it 4U as I found info about Your volleyball career in Istanbulspor :D

Poland, Germany, Belgium, Serbia and Russia qualified to 2014 World Grand Prix. Will be added Team from 5th place or Teams from 5th to 7th.

Thanks but I already have seen the ranking in CEV website, but I wonder how do they rank that, based on what?

P.S: I also played in Sweden as well, let's see if you can find which club was it :roll:

• I don't like this tournament system. Play-off matches are really unnecessary. Previous method is better than current one. Related to this, i really do not understand the classification of teams. CEV says Croatia is 5th and Italy is 6th. So they simply ignore the play-off results. This is so ridiculous. And I think Czech Republic must be 9th because they were 2nd in their pool. OK, if you take into consideration the overall results, Netherlands got higher points, but this is not logical. And if CEV uses overall results to order the teams like Netherlands-Czech Republic case, why don’t they use play-off matches to classify 5-8 teams? :cheesy:

I also suggest that number of teams which will play in European Championships should be increased. 20 is better I think. By this way, Ukraine, Romania, Slovakia, Greece, Slovenia, Hungary, Israel will get a chance to qualify for finals. 4 groups composed of 5 teams might be well. FIVB have used this format this summer. But i don't like 4 teams qualify for Top-16 round. I think first 3 teams of groups will advance 2nd round. The remaining is the same with the previous system used in 2007 and 2009. Maybe we can add quarter finals instead of direct semi finals.

BTW, Direct qualifiers of 2015 Eurovolley: The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Serbia, Russia, Croatia and Italy.
    Turkey and Poland will play qualifications. :mad: But maybe Poland is given a wild card. Who knows? :whistle:

• Thanks but I already have seen the ranking in CEV website, but I wonder how do they rank that, based on what?

I used to think that they consider all results of the teams and make the ranking according to that, but in this case Italy should be ahead of Croatia. Italy got 6 points from preliminary, 3 from playoffs, so 9 points and 10:7 sets. Croatia also got 6 points from preliminary but only 2 from playoffs and 10:8 sets. No idea why Croatia is 5th and Italy 6th, but all other ranks make sense according to this system...

• Some random facts:

- Italy is out of Top 4 for the first time since 2003

- I don't think Belgium has ever been Top 4 before, at least not in the last 20 years or so

- Christiane Fürst and Jelena Nikolic (not absolutely sure about her but I think) have played all ECH tournaments since 2003 :super:

- in addition to them, also Katarzyna Skowronska, Neslihan Demir and Seda Tokatlioglu have played in ECH 10 years ago. Would be interesting to guess which of this year's players will still be around in 2023 :D

- In the last 6 ECHs (since 2003), 4 host countries have been in Top 4. Turkey in 2003 finished 2nd, Poland in 2009 4th 3rd, Serbia in 2011 1st, Germany in 2013 we will see...

• Poland was 3rd in 2009 :tzz: in 3rd place match Poles beat Germany 3-0 :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game