World League 2011

• Polish federation did the same like italian a year ago and that's important because without F8 of World League and World Cup there would be serious problems to play on olimpic games.
    So if you criticized Italian even if you are a fan of polish nt you must admit polish federation in upcoming years will be treated as second Japan. It is a pity because polish nt is strong team and do not need such a handicap. Other side of it is if you do not have money you cant watch volleyball on polish tv.

• You never know what FIVB will come up with, but this time it is a nice suprise, indeed ;)

• Here is the full schedule:
    06 Jul 17:15 Italy – Argentina
    06 Jul 20:00 Poland – Bulgaria
    07 Jul 17:15 Bulgaria – Italy
    07 Jul 20:00 Argentina – Poland
    08 Jul 17:15 Argentina – Bulgaria
    08 Jul 20:00 Poland – Italy

06 Jul 11:00 Russia – Cuba
    06 Jul 13:30 Brazil – United States
    07 Jul 11:00 United States – Russia
    07 Jul 13:30 Cuba – Brazil
    08 Jul 11:00 Cuba – United States
    08 Jul 13:30 Brazil – Russia

What's the price? :lol:

I'm kinda new to all this foreseeing and predicting the future business so I don't know about the price. But I'm sure we'll think of something :D

• Soo many great matches to see! I love it :heart:

I'm kinda new to all this foreseeing and predicting the future business
    so I don't know about the price. But I'm sure we'll think of something :D

lol, let me know when we can start any negotiations :lol:

• What really happened was that Poland was considered the best team of the preliminary round and then they divided the pools in two: 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th ranked teams in pool E and 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th teams in pool B.

1) POLAND 18 POINTS 06 VICTORIES 06 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,105 PT AVG = 1,034 ---> POOL E
    2) RUSSIA 31 POINTS 11 VICTORIES 01 DEFEAT SET AVG = 3,778 PT AVG = 1,221 ---> POOL F
    3) BRAZIL 30 POINTS 10 VICTORIES 02 DEFEATS SET AVG = 3,200 PT AVG = 1,153 ---> POOL F
    4) ITALY 28 POINTS 10 VICTORIES 02 DEFEATS SET AVG = 2,583 PT AVG = 1,157 ---> POOL E
    5) ARGENTINA 25 POINTS 09 VICTORIES 03 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,993 PT AVG = 1,047 ---> POOL E

6) USA 23 POINTS 08 VICTORIES 04 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,368 PT AVG = 1,044 ---> POOL F
    7) CUBA 23 POINTS 08 VICTORIES 04 DEFEATS SET AVG=1,368 PT AVG = 1,031---> POOL F
    8 ) BULGARIA 22 POINTS 07 VICTORIES 05 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,227 PT AVG = 1,011 ---> POOL E

If Poland were ranked according to their results in the Intercontinental Round of the WL, then the teams would be ranked as follows and the final round pool composition would be different:

1) RUSSIA 31 POINTS 11 VICTORIES 01 DEFEAT SET AVG = 3,778 PT AVG = 1,221 ---> POOL E

2) BRAZIL 30 POINTS 10 VICTORIES 02 DEFEATS SET AVG = 3,200 PT AVG = 1,153 ---> POOL F
    3) ITALY 28 POINTS 10 VICTORIES 02 DEFEATS SET AVG = 2,583 PT AVG = 1,157 ---> POOL F
    4) ARGENTINA 25 POINTS 09 VICTORIES 03 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,993 PT AVG = 1,047 ---> POOL E
    5) USA 23 POINTS 08 VICTORIES 04 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,368 PT AVG = 1,044 ---> POOL E

6) CUBA 23 POINTS 08 VICTORIES 04 DEFEATS SET AVG=1,368 PT AVG = 1,031---> POOL F
    7) BULGARIA 22 POINTS 07 VICTORIES 05 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,227 PT AVG = 1,011 ---> POOL F
    8 ) POLAND 18 POINTS 06 VICTORIES 06 DEFEATS SET AVG = 1,105 PT AVG = 1,034 ---> POOL E

In Pool E there would be Russia, Argentina, USA and Poland and in Pool F there would be Brazil, Italy, Cuba and Bulgaria

• Now the league is wide open and every team with a chance for the semies.
    Interesting, very interesting! Looking forward to the great matches!
    I wish I could take this week off to enjoy all of them, since they will be during the working hours of the day, but... :S

• In Pool E there would be Russia, Argentina, USA and Poland and in Pool F there would be Brazil, Italy, Cuba and Bulgaria

Actually it couldn't be like this because Italy and Cuba were in the same pool, so they can't stay togheter, I think... :whistle:

• I'm only partly surprised.
    In each final group there are two lead teams from intercontinental pools and two from second position (except Poland as host).
    Of course Argentina and Italy as winners were surprised. Look at world champion (women) or olympic games - host + serpentine system !
    Host has always better position.
    What I really like - no one team will play against the same opponent (from intercontinental pools) in first phase of finals (except Brazil and USA).

• What really happened was that Poland was considered the best team of the preliminary round and then they divided the pools in two: 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th ranked teams in pool E and 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th teams in pool B.

Yeah, because Poland is the host. In these types of draws, the host is always considered the "top" team. I think a few posts ago, we discussed something along those lines.

It is announced here in some media that Sofia, Bulgaria will host the 2012 FIVB World League. :thumbup:

I hope this happens. Bulgaria and also USA should be able to host eventually. Two top teams that never get that chance.

• what a shocker !! in my wildest dream i would never imagine such a pool composition.
    not

it was obvious we will get Italy and Argentina + either Cuba or Bulgaria it was the best possible group for us since we know all those teams very well and we have positive win/loose ratio with them . especially with Argentina and Bulgaria(however we lost quite badly last year to Bulgaria) Italy is always tricky to play against. they always have amazing tactic and it seems they are physically better than in previous years-IMO they are favorites of this group.

in the socend pool Brazil and Russia seem like a clear favorites but USA showed twice they can beat Brazil and Russia was HORRIBLE in last 2 matches against Bulgaria-maybe they peaked to early who knows. Cuba seems like the weakest team and it will be hard for them to win any matches

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• what a shocker !! in my wildest dream i would never imagine such a pool composition.
    not

it was obvious we will get Italy and Argentina + either Cuba or Bulgaria it was the best possible group for us since we know all those teams very well and we have positive win/loose ratio with them . especially with Argentina and Bulgaria(however we lost quite badly last year to Bulgaria) Italy is always tricky to play against. they always have amazing tactic and it seems they are physically better than in previous years-IMO they are favorites of this group.

in the socend pool Brazil and Russia seem like a clear favorites but USA showed twice they can beat Brazil and Russia was HORRIBLE in last 2 matches against Bulgaria-maybe they peaked to early who knows. Cuba seems like the weakest team and it will be hard for them to win any matches

Russia was not horrible, Bulgaria played well against them. Russia had great serve, block, defense, attacked a lot through the middle and still lost. About our group, I don't think there is clear favorite since Bulgaria misses some players and the other teams are quite inexperienced

• About our group, I don't think there is clear favorite since Bulgaria misses some players and the other teams are quite inexperienced

Yes, I find quite hard to make a prediction. That's the positive thing of having to pool like this, I love suspence :heart:

• Japan will get the benefit of the doubt from the FIVB because there are always there if needed. Huge crowds, large paychecks, well run tournaments all favor Japan.

Take it how you will, but the FIVB will not turn down their big paychecks, period.

I am not saying Japan would have won more matches, but the teams from Asia always play better at home than on the road. But if you win on the road, you are a better team.

Portugal played well and kind of got screwed, but they were in due to a last minute cancellation and that may have been the deal with them.

Do you think that the FIVB is hoping that Iran makes the World League next year? Of course not. China is much more favorable to the TV package for sponsors.

Egypt would be nice to have back in. Canada won't do much I think.

• Yeah, it was announced in some Polish media as well, but Bulgarian seems to be more reliable ;)
    Uuuu...I have to put Bulgaria into my 'Plans for holidays 2012' list :lol: lol
    Anyways, congrats!! :flower:

Thank you, you are welcome in Bulgaria :drink: