World Cup 2011

• i say the game between China and Serbia is full of energy and passion...which is a story about the potentials

im happy to see China move up back to the temporary top 3 after defeating the new Euro Champion, of course a group of extremely young Euro champion members.

its good to see the youngsters from the both sides are improving through more and more intensive games are carried on, Yang Junjing (the MIP of this game) is the bling shining star of the game from China, and Hui Ruoqi gave her support as well....on the other side, Rasic, Bjelica and Veljkovic from Serbia are also talented and impressing us...the serbians are so young but with extraordinarily perfect physical condition as well as relatively excellent fundamental skills...

the duration of domination over the net i think the both are equal....catching the oppotunity seems more important...China NT is lucky and experienced compared with serbians. during some crucial points, serbians made mistakes and China transfered the chance into points in hand...

the four middle blockers are world class....Ma Yunwen, Yang Junjing, Rasic and Veljkovic...but it is obvious that the setting from Wei Qiuyeu is more precise and comfortable for the middle attackers but either Zivkovic or Antonjevic could not maitained their consistent setting to match up with the attackers...this is what they need to improve in the coming games..

Its also exciting to see Brakocevic was spiking at her position and got one point by her good hand-controlling although the other one was blocked...
    China Media interviewed her after Serbia defeating Japan last night...she was very kind and polite to say that China performed great so far and she was looking forward to coming back on court during the game against China...she also told us that her hand operation was successful and she was okay now to play...

she is someone with just nice personality and Chinese volleyball fans love her very much. :super:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I hope so....

Me too! I think we are really close to it, now not taking a spot for the Olympics would be a failure... we have 20 points, and the least for being on the podium is 26 (I read that). Ok, we still miss USA, Serbia, Germany, but if we'll take 3 points from this matches and win vs Kenya we are in London :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

People can say that it's different winning 3 x 2 than 3 x 1 or 3 x 0, and I agree. But what this system makes is taking down the importance of a victory. It's more emphatic, or should be, the difference about winning or losing. We've seen this before, cause this system has been used in the italian league for years and years. Teams with more losses get ahead of teams with more wins just because they take the difference with the points they get taking the match to the 5th set. I don't think it's right. Maybe there should be another rule, where the team that wins 3 x 2 gets just 2 points, but the team that loses doesn't get any, as well. After all, they still lost the match. I don't know, but I don't think this system is very fair.

Uhm, I don't know, may be it should be for a tie break 1 points for the loser and 3 point for the winner, so it can't happen that who always win can be under who win one match less... But actually I think is a quite fair system, every set become more important. The tie break is the closest things to a "tie" match (like a 0-0 match in soccer), so imo it's right that it isn't judge like another kind of victory.

The system 2 points for the winner, 1 for the loser is meaningless imo, why a team that lose 3-0 should have a point??

With the old system the classific would be:

Ita 14

[.....]

Algeria 7

:what: :what: Only 7 points of difference, while now there are 20 (!!) points of difference, that are way way more indicative of the true value of the teams.

• I forgot to say the most important things!

CONGRATS GIRLS!!!!!!!! It's like a century we don't won vs Brazil, and 3:0 is a dream, I was trustworty about us winning vs this probably not-as-amazing-as-usuallyu Brazil, but not 3:0! :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

And, what the hell went on with the German girls?? Losing vs Rep Domenicana when they are fighting for the podium???!!!

China beated Serbia 3:1, so Serbia is a bit in trouble now... Like Brazil.

I imagine USA/Italy/China/Germany are the favourites for the podium...

• as what i assumed that it will not be a fierce fight of Korea vs Japan...

Korea players dont care about the result and dont even fully concentrate in the game either, but the No1 scorer Kim is still in the court...

it will be another rapid 3-0 beat from Japan side i bet...

to be me...

• haneef is the MIP for the game against algeria.

its nice to see the Berg, Tamas, Larson, Hooker enjoying dancing at the substitution corner...

the attitude of USA NT is always positive and active...they are playing real volleyball...

to be me...

• Right now it seems ITA and USA are almost sure qualified. The fight for 3rd place is between CHN, GER and BRA. BRA can take 12 points from the last 4 matches, but I hope JPN and DOM might take some from them. CHN has to play against USA and GER, GER against CHN, ITA and also JPN is not an easy opponent. I suppose we won't know the decision before the last matches. I didn't watch DOM-GER but we really should have won that in theory :S Anyway nothing is lost yet, I hope we can play better in the next matches.

• i hope germany would take the 3rd spot (crosses fingers)

• its nice to see the Berg, Tamas, Larson, Hooker enjoying dancing at the substitution corner...

Oh, I have lost it...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I hope Germany will get the 3rd spot too, so that Europe can be represented by 5 national teams at the next Olympics.
    Brazil and China will have no problems to qualify since their continental tournament's level is quite low, while in Europe teams have to struggle hard.
    In the last World Championships Europe placed five teams in the first 8 positions and these teams (Russia, Italy, Turkey, Germany, Serbia) definitely deserve to be in London next year! :teach:

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I hope Germany will get the 3rd spot too, so that Europe can be represented by 5 national teams at the next Olympics.
    Brazil and China will have no problems to qualify since their continental tournament's level is quite low, while in Europe teams have to struggle hard.
    In the last World Championships Europe placed five teams in the first 8 positions and these teams (Russia, Italy, Turkey, Germany, Serbia) definitely deserve to be in London next year! :teach:

I'd like to see Germany qualify here as well but I think you're counting your chickens before they hatch by concluding that they'll get 2 of the 3 World Olympic Qualifier tournament spots. Last Olympics China got the automatic bid as host which made the Asian qualifier much weaker. However, if China doesn't qualify here the two European teams that make it to the Asian Qualifier/Last Minute Olympic qualifier will have to contend with Japan, China, Korea, and Thailand. Also if the USA qualifies here then DR and Cuba will fight for the NORCECA spot and the loser will also go to the last minute qualifier. After seeing Cuba in the Pan Am Games, they much like China are improved and not be taken lightly and DR showed that they're capable of beating top teams when they're playing well. I want the Olympics to be the representative of the best teams in the world, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that more European teams necessarily means higher quality. To "deserve" a spot they have to first earn it.

• USAfan
    what matters is to earn it.We european teams have to fight for only one spot at the continental qualification tournament for olympic games ,however, some teams of some continents could easily go to olympic games in comparison with European teams.European continent deserves more spots for London than it is.Why souldnt we go to London with top three of the continental tournament as European continent?

• According to libero Brenda Castillo, in Dominican Republic is also another player with weird age: Brayelin Martinez. Don't you think it's weird, that she's just 15 and has 194 cm height? Maybe it's next week manipulation, but in DOM it's possible.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Then, if we were to go back to the old system, just take away the one point that the losing team used to get. It's not about taking one point losing, either you lose 3 x 0 or 3 x 1. It's about making clear that there's a huge gap between winning and losing. The current system kind of borrows that gap. I find it absurd that a team that loses more matches is ahead of one that wins more matches in classification.

• Today win versus Brazil was Italy's 18th World Cup victory in a row which took Them to the 2nd place in overall ranking where is also China.
    Number 1 is Cuba with 22 World Cup victory matches in a row.