World Cup 2011

• Brazil has no more chances to finish on the podium! IMO China will get the 3rd place, while ITA and USA will fight for the 1st place! :cup: :woohoo:

To all those people who said that Italy didn't deserve the wild card: SHUT UP! :wavy:

• Tough loss for Brazil. Though Japan played a good match, particularly Takeshita and Ebata, you can see they don't look so scary. Any of the top teams in this tournament could take them down. Funny enough, I thought Mari played pretty good today, even in reception. :lol:

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil lost to Argentina. That's how bad they are at the moment.

• is still there any possiblity USA out and SRB take third spot? if USA lost 2 of 3 matches, why not? :whistle:

• Japan :obey: :obey: They were slowly smashing Brazilians from the beginning to the end. Poor Fabi...
    I don't know what the heck is happening with Brazil team. Girls are obviosuly in shock if it comes to their results in this tournament.

• Brazil has no more chances to finish on the podium! IMO China will get the 3rd place, while ITA and USA will fight for the 1st place! :cup: :woohoo:

To all those people who said that Italy didn't deserve the wild card: SHUT UP! :wavy:

What about Japan? what is their chances for a podium finish?

• I'm sorry to say that, but Brazil without qualifcation to OG from World Cup is great news. I think that 2 very weak teams on OG (Great Britain and african team) are enough. Two teams form South America is in my opinion too much so it is good that it will be only Brazil.

• is still there any possiblity USA out and SRB take third spot? if USA lost 2 of 3 matches, why not? :whistle:

It is not possible for SERBIA to overtake USA. Because the maximum points Serbia can win in the 4th round is 9 points.

So 11+9 = 20 points.

And USA already has 21 points.

• it is nightmare for Brasil tonite....their trip has been coming near to an end now....my heart is stopped for a beat when Fabi missed the last ball and she felt remorse and burst into tears....

finally, Brasil became the poor victim killed by every possible teams, including USA, Korea, Serbia, China, Italy and Japan....every opponent was trying to capture points from them and some of them did really well. they were always crucially cleared Brasil away and crushed up their WC champion dream, this time, even their direct ticket to London seems impossible...

BRASIL became the first giant out from the battle for top 3 ticket fro London in WC...

in today's match, Japan just performed splendid volleyball art to the world, what defense and what rapid counter-attack...Brasil could not manage them...

what i can see in Brasil players eyes, is only desperation, and full of hopelessness....they didnt give up, which was the positive aspect...but they could not find a method to sort out the passitiveness...the time is too limited to let them consider it for too long...they just made mistakes in crucial points and end their disaster like trip in Japan by themselves...

say bye to Brasil in advance :wavy: and congrats to all these teams are willing to venture a win over Brasil...they made the WC different but worth to watch...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• What about Japan? what is their chances for a podium finish?

Japan has a shot, but it's gonna be tricky. They have to win all the next matches, possibly gathering 9 points, and having a direct confront with Germany, and also USA, in the last round. If that happens, they already overcome Germany. Then, they just have to root against China. If Japan wins all their 9 points and China loses both to Germany and USA, Japan takes the 3rd place.

However, I doubt they'll be able to beat USA in the last round, even if by then USA will already be qualified. If there's no more surprises in the competition, I think Italy and USA will decide the title in the second to last round. And Germany and China will decide the 3rd place in the last round. Quite an exciting finish!

• What a Thrilling World Cup !! The world Hierarchy of female volley being turned upside down ! :what:
    Bravo JPN, bravo Takeshita - this tournament is fading into a nightmare for BRA..
    If I were USA and GER, I'd be worried by having to meet -in a row- alll the 3 "blazing" teams of the moment - as slytherinz said.
    IMO, Mc Cutcheon's team is still the front-runner for the title, but they will have to work hard to earn it, especially against CHI and ITA.

ITA would get at least 26 pts. in the worst case (2 losses), it should be enough for a trip to London

Who will get the last ticket among CHI -GER- JPN ? Best wishes to all these teams, although I believe CHI may take profit from having an 'easier' match (against Kenya) .
    :wavy:

• From what I know Japan have real chances but they can't afford to slip-up. I will cheer for them to the end ;)

It's not impossible for Japan. But it's going to be very very hard. They have 1 easy match with Kenya. But 2 tough matches with Germany and USA.

They also have to hope that China, Germany, Brazil, and Serbia don't score a lot of points.

• 1. Italy 23
    2. USA 21
    3. China 19
    4. Germany 18
    5. Japan 16
    -------------
    6. Brazil 12
    Brazil probably will win last three matches for 3 points so will have 21 at finish, but it will to less for top3. China Italy and Japan will win against Kenia do they will have +3 points.

1. Italy 26 (+2 matches)
    2. China 22 (+2 matches)
    3. USA 21 (+3 matches)
    4. Japan 19 (+2 matches)
    5. Germany 18 (+3 matches)
    The hardest round will be for USA and Germany which will play against Japan, China and Italy. If USA and Germany will lost against Japan and China, in top 3 will be Japan and China

• I love the fact that Brazil will have to earn their Olympic ticket through the continental rounds. I agree with a poster above that it gives more opportunities for teams from Europe to grab a ticket for London and eventually a better volleyball. However, we must not forget that there is still a big possibility China may also qualify than Germany.

Its going to be more exciting in the next few days especially the 3 matches of USA between China, Italy and Japan. Its like World Grand Prix final rounds once again.

Congratulations in advance to Italy. Costagrande is impressive, and a back-to-back is a real possibility.

Sad for Brazil but I love the parity of women's volleyball right now. It will be better to see a European team qualify than either Argentina or Peru (Not unless Argentina secures Costagrande back lol just kidding).

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)