World Cup 2011

• And we will start to discuss if they took a good decision :lol:
    I'm crossing my finger for Italy,even if I was quite disappointed by our final4 so I'm not so sure we deserved it this summer... but we still are the defending champion...

Yeah agree! :lol: but i am quite hopeless.I am almost sure that Turkey will not recieve this Wild Card :lol: Hope the team who will not waste their chance and try to be best 3 ranked and win OG ticket will recieve this wild card so more teams from Europe can participate to Olympics from other ways (Continental and World Tournament) :win: Well USA and Brazil can get OG ticket from Continental tournaments easily but they probably will be in first 3 neverthless i think Japan will not take risk with inviting strong teams to World Cup anyway :whistle: The Qualification progress for Olympics is really Bullshit :teach:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• Smoked ewe's milk cheese made in the Tatra Mountains.

:lol: on Polish or Slovak side of Tatras?..if on Slovaks I want a wildcard for Slovakian girls :D

• :lol: on Polish or Slovak side of Tatras?..if on Slovaks I want a wildcard for Slovakian girls :D

Baca does them on the Polish side, but the graze on the Slovak

• I think at this point, this is the state of things:

1)for the european spot, aim Poland, Russia, Italy and Turkey.
    I don't think Turkey and Russia got much a chance. Turkey, because it'd be kinda random, in spite of the bronze medal, and of all that. I don't think that's how FIVB sets things. Turkey doesn't have that much international experience as a NT. And Russia because it seems they don't have good relationships. So, if they go for the technical criteria, it'd be Italy. Otherwise, Poland.

2)for the other spot, aim Argentina, Cuba, Thailand (don't think Peru or Colombia stand a chance).
    Among those, it's hard to say who gets the spot. Argentina has a solid ground, since being vice-champions on their continent. It'd be the first time the south american vice champion doesn't go to WC. Besides, they had a good run in the GP this year. They'll obviously add more to the tournament than the african teams, though they won't represent much of a threat, to the 6, 7 main teams. Cuba has tradition on their side. Their weak this year, and I don't think they can do much better than Argentina, but they never missed a WC. But in terms of olympic qualitification, doesn't add a whole lot. Then we have Thailand. Asian team = good for FIVB. Their eyes are already sparkling. Besides, Thailand is a team that has shown growth the last couple of years, and they've done good on the GP.

3)There's also that long shot possibility that they give 2 wild cards to european teams. In this case, I think favorites would be Italy and Poland, as well. But I wouldn't count on that.

CONCLUSION: I think second spot will go to Thailand. Worse than another european team, but probably better than Cuba and Argentina. And they won't waste the chance to throw another asian team there, if they can back it up by "some" technical reason. For the european spot, I go back and forth. It'd be logical to have Italy. It's actually bad for european teams if their representers don't do well in WC (and I'm not saying Serbia and Germany won't, but I think they have a tougher time ahead. Italy maybe could succeed more smoothly). On the other hand, will FIVB really let Poland try to grab the olympic qualification later without the ranking points from the WC? We've seen this story. I'll be the pessimist here. European spot goes to Poland. You know what this means, also? Better chances to Japan to try to grab the 3rd spot in the WC.

• In my opinion another asian team shouldn't get wild card, because we have 3 in WC. One should be given for Europe, another for Cuba or Argentina.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think The world cup 2011 will be boring :S but for sure since Germany and Serbia are already qualified right there, It's gonna be enterataining for me :heart: :heart:

hope Italy or Turkey get the wildcard in stead of Poland. They deserve much more than Poland.

• there is a voice inside me who tells me that Cuba and Italy gets the wildcard

i hope so!! :)

• I think The world cup 2011 will be boring :S but for sure since Germany and Serbia are already qualified right there, It's gonna be enterataining for me :heart: :heart:

hope Italy or Turkey get the wildcard in stead of Poland. They deserve much more than Poland.

I agree, we don`t deserve for WC, but if we get this chance, we will be strong team because Glinka, Werblinska and Kaczor would back , Skowronska will stay in NT , I don`t know what will be with others (Skorupa , Gajgał ...)

• I agree with you, that Poland doesn't deserve for wild card in sport way. Polish Volleyball Federation even wouldn't fight for it, if not one thing. At the beginning of the season PZPS fired Matlak and Przedpełski said, that whole situation is his personal fault and he have to atone this situation somehow, so he can kill for wild card for girls. :P

• Mr.Solarium surely thinks that everybody will love him after he get wildcard for Worl cup (Im missing vomiting smile here)

• Who is Mr. Solarium? Polish Volleyball Federation president? :rolll: I think he should be yours hero coz he is getting any WC from FIVB easily :lol:

• Well i think he must be proud of you.Polish people have a huge support to volleyball (Both Male&Female) and everything becomes very easy for him to do :D

• I agree, we don`t deserve for WC, but if we get this chance, we will be strong team because Glinka, Werblinska and Kaczor would back , Skowronska will stay in NT , I don`t know what will be with others (Skorupa , Gajgał ...)

Im not sure if Werblinska would go to WC, its just a month away and from what i read she doesnt even play in friendlies yet.

• yes thats really a thing to be proud of, to get wildcards for tournament they didnt deserved to be, instead of fire out Matlak after WCH and new coach can have more time to do something with the girls and maybe they could play one class better... :!:

• yes thats really a thing to be proud of, to get wildcards for tournament they didnt deserved to be, instead of fire out Matlak after WCH and new coach can have more time to do something with the girls and maybe they could play one class better... :!:

But we're not talking about our sport class. We talk about Przespelski's attitude. It's good for us that we have got him. In sport way we're class lower than year ago and everyone knows, that we can be two higher and he helps us right now.

• But we're not talking about our sport class. We talk about Przespelski's attitude. It's good for us that we have got him. In sport way we're class lower than year ago and everyone knows, that we can be two higher and he helps us right now.

I was not talking about that as a sport class but as an example what he could do before and didnt do to prevent this begging for wildcard :) I still think he could and can do more for girls NT and he is treating them like something unnecessary and wakes up only when the situation is really bad (just like now when there is big "danger" about the particpation in London)

• All Wild Cards for Poland? Are you kidding me? Right now we need only this to World Cup in 2007, Grand Prix 2008, 2009 and 2011. But I think that it wouldn't be so big problem to qualify on our own. I want to remind that pappi wrote Poland as wild card owner to 2012 edition. As we know 5th place was enough to qualify to this competion.

Why he didn't the same with China and Japan? It is a little bit unfair and make bad vibes about Poland.

• bobaas

I am totally against wild card application coz there is no certain rules about it so it's hard to say who deserves it or not.Yes maybe not all but most of the wild cards went to Poland and if tomorrow Poland will get once again i will be not suprised :lol:If it suprises you,i can't help you at this point.I think most of the teams in Europe deserves as much as Poland so they have to invite all of them but it's impossible so better they should not give WC to any team.All the teams have to go from normal stages.