World Cup 2011

• I think most of the teams in Europe deserves as much as Poland so they have to invite all of them but it's impossible so better they should not give WC to any team.All the teams have to go from normal stages.

And World Cup should be in different countries. And I heard, that WC 2015 won't be hosted by Japan but it's long way do 2015.

• I'm also against any wild cards or even World Cup but what to do ?
    How was it in the past ? Continental Champion (later on also some v-ce champions) qualified into Olympic Games.
    Additionally host, World Champion, previous OG gold medal holder and 2 teams from international tournament qualification....
    But do you want to cancel qualification process after continental championships ? Longer preselection means possibility of qualification for more strong teams!

I have to remind you - there was a time (few years ago) all wild cards (WGP, World Cup etc) went to ... ITALY!
    Moreover JAPAN has always "unofficial" wild card as organizer of World Cup, WGP finals, World Grand Champions Cup and OG intercontinental qualification.
    Something has been changed recently hosts of one competition - World Champions - it will be played also outside Japan!
    China is hosting a lot of WGP finals and ... it is also kind of wild card. I see new regional power in the future Turkey but they need also men's team.
    Please tell me how many games were available per day/weekend from World League 2011/WGP 2011 and how many from World Cup 2011 will be available in your country live ? Is it comparible to Polsat where almost everything is broadcasted ? Due to modern TV and new competitions FIVB is much stronger/richer but host got new tool "wild card" to choose some opponents. Can you believe in the past almost nobody applied for organization of FIVB World Champions or even Olympic Games ? Because always organizer lost a lot of money!

• Turkey and Cuba got the Wild Cards

EDIT : It has not been annouced yet.It was only Woleywood's wishes :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• [quote='bobaas',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118334#post118334]All Wild Cards for Poland? Are you kidding me? Right now we need only this to World Cup in 2007, Grand Prix 2008, 2009 and 2011. But I think that it wouldn't be so big problem to qualify on our own. I want to remind that pappi wrote Poland as wild card owner to 2012 edition. As we know 5th place was enough to qualify to this competion.

Why he didn't the same with China and Japan?

Im trying to use official words not my own. FIVB has made its decision to secure the wildcard for Poland in advance.

5 Europe spots are not equal to 4 Europe spots plus Poland

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Turkey and Cuba got the Wild Cards

EDIT : It has not been annouced yet.It was only Woleywood's wishes :lol:

I am sure that when You wrote the info You was very excited :lol: and then :rolll:

• I am sure that when You wrote the info You was very excited :lol: and then :rolll:

Yes ;( But it's nice that Voleywood knows that who deserves it :rolll:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• It is the same situation with Asia. 4 spots are not equal to 2 spots plus Japan and China.

we appreciate what the polish have done to FIVB and volleyball promotion, especially to organize WGP weekend legs and even the upcoming final rounds in the future. this is the main reason that Poland awarded with the wildcard for WGP. but Poland shew less and less competitiveness during recent years, at least i could not expect too much on this team in this edition of World Cup.

back to this topic, I am neither blaming polish NT, nor the FIVB. someone is granted to select a wild card winner, and which is selected for some reasons. this is the rule.

we hope it could be a good decision. , we'd like to bless for the particular who deserves the wildcard, not the one that is not worthy of the wildcard winner.

to be me...

• the latest world ranking for women has released....
    http://www.fivb.org/en/volleyball/VB_Ranking_W_2011-10.asp

so the OG world qualification will follow this rank or the latter one after WC ?

Netherlands is the team with a deep slump.....the London dream seems too far away from dutch ladies...

to be me...

• the latest world ranking for women has released....
    http://www.fivb.org/en/volleyball/VB_Ranking_W_2011-10.asp

so the OG world qualification will follow this rank or the latter one after WC ?

On the one after the WC. (but it will count your ranking compared to the rank of other teams of the same continent; for example Italy now is the third European team in the FIVB ranking. That's what matter to qualificate to the world tournament, as far as I understand)

• On the one after the WC. (but it will count your ranking compared to the rank of other teams of the same continent; for example Italy now is the third European team in the FIVB ranking. That's what matter to qualificate to the world tournament, as far as I understand)

right. As far as I understand, FIVB will not double count the points for teams already participating in WC. The points in WC will dominate. So the points will be adjusted a bit according to WC final standings. This is not a good news for rest teams out of WC.

to be me...

• Guidetti says German team will have no possibility to prepare for WC because all players are involved in their clubs. The team will meet at the airport to fly to Japan and practise there for 3-4 days before the tournament.

• Poland and Argentina are for the men WC