The 2012 CEV Champions League

• I thought the first of each pool wasnt going to face the seconds of the pools.VTT is the first in their pool and EcV is second.so why are they going to face each other?

In brackets the ranks of teams after preliminaries.

(4)VK Modranska PROSTEJOV (CZE) vs. (1)Fenerbahce Universal ISTANBUL (TUR)
    (2)Atom Trefl SOPOT (POL) vs. (2)Rabita BAKU (AZE)
    (3)DRESDNER SC (GER) vs. (1)Dinamo KAZAN (RUS)
    (3)Volero ZURICH (SUI) vs. (2)Azerrail BAKU (AZE)
    (3)Bank BPS Fakro MUSZYNA (POL) vs. (1)RC CANNES (FRA)
    (2)Eczacibasi VitrA ISTANBUL (TUR) vs. (1)Vakifbank TTelekom ISTANBUL (TUR)
    (3)Volley BERGAMO (ITA) vs. (2)Scavolini PESARO (ITA)
    (3)MC-Carnaghi VILLA CORTESE (ITA) vs. (1)Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)

Ecz-Vakif is the only pair where 2nd ranked meets 1st ranked, it would have been better if Vakifbank had met a 3rd ranked team (Volero or Bergamo) and Eczacibasi a 2nd ranked team (Azerrail or Pesaro).

• Seeing this draw, I really hope Azerrail can find a very good replacement for Oksana, they deserve being in Final 4 more than Kazan!

Hope Garayev will think about it.... F4 is dream with Tomkom

• I don't think problem is setter in Azerrail, she played there last year and knows many players. Rahimova made 48 points when Tomkom was setter. Azerrail problem is reception.

• Hope Garayev will think about it.... F4 is dream with Tomkom

İ dont think so! Tomkom Nootsara is one of my favorite setters,she is very dynamic and versatile... - but they have really strong opponents! Good luck for Azeri teams!!!
    Haydı Rabita!!!

• that two pot system sucks... I think CEV should divide qualifiers into 4 pots, it would be fairer imo. Rabita-FB in quarters? I'm afraid the final would be boring like last year's again.

• wasnt that a rule? first-third and second-second???

but I believe there is also that rule that final four should avoit two teams from same country....so there is why Bergamo face Pesaro and Eczacibasi face Vakifbank now...I believe they took that in consideration...witch I think is kind of stupid, should qualify fairly, if a country has two best teams, what to do....

• but I believe there is also that rule that final four should avoit two teams from same country....so there is why Bergamo face Pesaro and Eczacibasi face Vakifbank now...I believe they took that in consideration...witch I think is kind of stupid, should qualify fairly, if a country has two best teams, what to do....

and they could meet in quarters, too. That's so stupid. Great advantage for Russian teams.

• I don't think problem is setter in Azerrail, she played there last year and knows many players. Rahimova made 48 points when Tomkom was setter. Azerrail problem is reception.

I agree with that. I'm just wondering how she will block against Gamova :lol:

• CEV helped Rabita because versus Fenerbahce second match and eventually Golden will be in Baku.. also helped the Host Azerrail the same.

• First of all hope to see two Turkish teams in F4 like last year! :super: I believe that Fenerbahçe will advance to F4. Rabita is such a strong opponent for them but Fenerbahçe is the biggest candidate for the championship no doubt. Fenerbahçe has been playing well so far.The players know each other better right now. The chemistry in the team seems OK. If they serve well in both match they will be in F4. However we shouldn't forget that the second match will be played in Bakü and it is really a big advantage for Rabita even though I think that Fenerbahçe will win both matches.

About Vakıfbank-Eczacıbaşı serie..It will be really hard to pass Eczacıbaşı.Even though their performance against Sweriner was a bit shaky, they have two great ''winners'' like Neslihan and Poljak. Services will decide who will play quarter final. However if we qualify that round there will be Cannes waiting for us:D They play super well so far. Interestingly they play so much with middles. Antonijevic doesn't use her OHs a lot. Ravva is on fire this season. She plays like she is 25 years old :super: I admire her :rose: and hope that we can stop her.
    I believe in my girls :super: Go my champions :drink: :rose:

Kazan and Moscow seem to have a easy way for F4. However they must be so careful becuase there wait 3 Italian teams and Azerrail to make a surprise to them :lol:

• First of all hope to see two Turkish teams in F4 like last year! :super: I believe that Fenerbahçe will advance to F4. Rabita is such a strong opponent for them but Fenerbahçe is the biggest candidate for the championship no doubt. Fenerbahçe has been playing well so far.The players know each other better right now. The chemistry in the team seems OK. If they serve well in both match they will be in F4. However we shouldn't forget that the second match will be played in Bakü and it is really a big advantage for Rabita even though I think that Fenerbahçe will win both matches.

About Vakıfbank-Eczacıbaşı serie..It will be really hard to pass Eczacıbaşı.Even though their performance against Sweriner was a bit shaky, they have two great ''winners'' like Neslihan and Poljak. Services will decide who will play quarter final. However if we qualify that round there will be Cannes waiting for us:D They play super well so far. Interestingly they play so much with middles. Antonijevic doesn't use her OHs a lot. Ravva is on fire this season. She plays like she is 25 years old :super: I admire her :rose: and hope that we can stop her.
    I believe in my girls :super: Go my champions :drink: :rose:

It's time to take the previous years revenge,now with Gulden :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• It's time to take the previous years revenge,now with Gulden :lol:

:drink: exactly :D

the draw is really stupid, at least one year ago two teams from the same country faced in quaters :/
    confrontation between Eczacibasi and Vakifbank in CL it was the last thing which I wanted :lol:
    It wont be easy for Eczacibasi but they showed that they can beat Vakifbank in league :) of course in CL the roster will be a little bit different but I hope they'll do their best :super:

• every year cev doing another stupid thing :) , i agree with you folks. Fenerbahce, Cannes, Moscow is favourite for F4 dont know which one is the 4th, good luck to all teams :rose:

• If Azerrail is a host of F4 why are they playing in play-offs ?

the host one is Azerrails's volleyball hall not the team :lol: :lol: :lol:

• the host one is Azerrails's volleyball hall not the team :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok, maybe :D but on CEV document from DOL is written "Organizer of The Final Four: Azerrail Baku (2nd ranked team of Pool D)"

• ok, maybe :D but on CEV document from DOL is written "Organizer of The Final Four: Azerrail Baku (2nd ranked team of Pool D)"

dont tell me, i never understood what cev doing :lol: