World Cup 2011

• Gosh! Poland just gave match to Brazil....
    but... :olympia: :cheesy:

That is one way to say it. I would prefer to say Brazil gave Poles first 2 sets and some hopes, then they crashed them :lol:.

Actually, the fifth set did not matter much for Poles. Win or lose, they already qualified for OG. And to win the WC they have to beat Russians tomorrow 3:0 or 3:1 anyway.

• get ready London here we comeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :olympia: :olympia: :olympia: :super: :super: :super:
    i'm so proud , they lost-yes but they acomplished what they came here for a ticket to OG. first time in 10 years time a can say we were better and Brazil was very lucky-when we played focused and with everything we've got Brazilians just couldn't respond to that-1st and second set was just...furious and so brutal from our side, then we completly stopped playing at 13-8 in 3rd set, we lost our focus we got blocked so many times even on single or running block
    i want to see Poland from first and second set tommorow and if we play like that the entire match we are going to win the whole thing

shame Italian prob won't make it, i really doubt Japan will take any points from Brazil now, 3 european teams on the podium of WC would be something amazing!

funny thing is in women competition Italy who received the wild card won, and now 2 wild cards will be and the very top :lol: FIVB got it right this time :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Congratulations fellow Polish inside-volley citizen :thumbup: You've done great job :olympia:

• I now, Polish friends, you know how we felt yestarday... and today :(

If I'm not wrong, if Brazil will win 3:0 vs Japan tomorrow we are out no matter what.

case 1: Brazil wins 3:0 vs Japan, Italy wins 3:0 3:0
    Brazil 26 (+3 vs Japan); lost 14 (+0)
    Italy 22 (+6); lost 14 (+0)
    29/14>28/14

case2: Brazil wins 3:1 vs Japan (...), Italy wins 3:0 3:0
    Brazil 26 (+3 vs Japan); lost 14 (+1)--> 29/15 1,93
    Italy 22 (+6); lost 14 (+0)-->28/14=2

Result: Unfortunally for us, we can't afford to lose even one set, and that won't even be enough to be sure will win. We have to hope for Japan.

• Exciting tournament!

Tonight, 18:30, Italy vs Japan. Italy can't lose any set over Japan to save their opportunity.
    Tomorrow morning, 11:30, Russia vs Poland. Russia aim at 2 sets to win the World Cup, while Poland remain the same chance if only they could win 3-0 or 3-1.
    Tomorrow afternoon, 15:30, Italy vs Iran, Same to the one against Japan, Italy must win 3 set to 0 to stay in competing.
    Tomorrow night, 18:30, the big finale, Brazil vs Japan. All the Italian supporters will back Japan to steal at least one set from Brazil.

Who will be on the podium, everything remains unknown.

• I won't say anything about miracles. But, just support Japan even for only once. :roll:

• Eeeeee......I'm not that happy.

Of course I'm just delighted with the fact that we won the olympic qualification, BUT...it's still a defeat, and against Brazil it hurts me even more :S Especially because we needed just a little more concetration and we could have won it 3:0.

In the first two sets Brazil was simply outplayed by us. We were just brilliant, everything was so perfect. Then the beginning of this 3rd set was also really promising. We were leading 13:8, and we just had to stay focused and keep playing point by point and it would be enough to beat them for 3 precious points. Damn.

Every of our guys played great, every of them contributed a lot, and then.......what the heck? I don't get it, we just collapsed, but why? This is always my biggest fear. Whatever, I don't wanna talk about it anymore, it's really hard for me to come to terms with this defeat.

But...we have olympic qualification and I'm still so proud of my guys, 'cause Andrea Zorzi is wrong again :D Oh no no, I actually didn't mean it, I'm proud of my guys, 'cause it's an enormous success, obviously :D

High five Italians!

• It's really interesting fact, that two WILD CARDS will be at two first positions. It shows how unfair is qualification to this tournament and Japanese rules.

I would say Europe is ruling this game. Maybe not in the ladies' games, but in men's games, European rocks.

• Dear Kk15 and all,
    With this happening, I can smell a bit of Anastasi revenge on Italian federation by handing the match to Brasil. Poland could have won the third set too, being 10-6 up in the beginning, and they could've played better in the decider (they actually played well, but not to their best). Or am I being too emotional?
    Bottom line is we let it slip yesterday from between our fingers when we lost to Poland - that shouldn't have happened with Burreto being in charge, and these Italian giants (maybe tiring yes) on the other side of the court... ah well...!!!

• Dear WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY,
    Or maybe it shows the teams which are more tired playing at the HIGHEST level always, cannot go the longest way in these marathons...

• Dear Kk15 and all,
    With this happening, I can smell a bit of Anastasi revenge on Italian federation by handing the match to Brasil. Poland could have won the third set too, being 10-6 up in the beginning, and they could've played better in the decider (they actually played well, but not to their best). Or am I being too emotional?

Conspiracy theories again? I don't think so. Victory over Brazil doesn't happen too often for us, and today we could really won it.
    Also our Captain Planet said that they're really happy with this olympic qualification, but this loss hurts, 'cause it was really possible to win it, even 3:0.

• Conspiracy theories again? I don't think so. Victory over Brazil doesn't happen too often for us, and today we could really won it.
    Also our Captain Planet said that they're really happy with this olympic qualification, but this loss hurts, 'cause it was really possible to win it, even 3:0.

We're playing for 1st place at this World Cup, so I don't think, that AA could purposely let this match. If we'd win with Brazil 3:0 or 3:1 Italy would be at 3rd position and he wanted to do this, I believe that, because he didn't forget that he is Italian.

• I also really wanted so much Poland to win the match and they totally were in the position to do it even with 3-0, but after winning the qouta they some kinda lost concentration and maybe even motivation, which is strange to me considering the fact that they haven't won against Brazil since a decade and now they had the perfect chance! Now Italy is with lower chances to qualify from here and there is a great possibility to see them in Sofia.
    Anyway, congrats once again to Poland and all geat Polish fans :flower:

btw, I stayed after the match with the studio of Polsat Sport - very nice :thumbsup: Who was the woman with the black hair between Bakiewicz and Bosek? She even tried to sing something in the beginning of the transmition :lol: . Nice interviews from Japan and kids they showed were really cute :heart:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• OK Ojla and WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY... your points are taken... I just hope Italy qualifies. I actually believe in miracles; so let's see

• We're playing for 1st place at this World Cup, so I don't think, that AA could purposely let this match. If we'd win with Brazil 3:0 or 3:1 Italy would be at 3rd position and he wanted to do this, I believe that, because he didn't forget that he is Italian.

As he said- 'My heart is biało-czerwone' :D He always fights with our guys for our best result, and that's the most important. I don't care about others (well...not really...there is one exception), our team is the most important :)

I also really wanted so much Poland to win the match and they totally were in the position to do it even with 3-0, but after winning the qouta they some kinda lost concentration and maybe even motivation, which is strange to me considering the fact that they haven't won against Brazil since a decade and now they had the perfect chance! Now Italy is with lower chances to qualify from here and there is a great possibility to see them in Sofia.
    Anyway, congrats once again to Poland and all geat Polish fans :flower:

btw, I stayed after the match with the studio of Polsat Sport - very nice :thumbsup: Who was the woman with the black hair between Bakiewicz and Bosek? She even tried to sing something in the beginning of the transmition :lol: . Nice interviews from Japan and kids they showed were really cute :heart:

Thanks Vasilena :flower:
    It was Wanda...Kwietniewska (I hope I didn't confuse it), she is a singer...yeah. I missed Mazur in the studio :S Without him or Jurek (host) it seems to be so boring...

• Zibi pointed the game out:

Poland player Zbigniew Bartman: "What can I say? We are happy to qualify for the Olympics. However, I was disappointed to lose the match. We haven't beaten Brazil since 2002. The match changed in the third set when we were ahead 13-8 and Bruno Rezende came in and made some good blocks and sets. Today was the 10th game of the tournament. It is tough because if you lose concentration for five minutes, you can lose the game".

I'm sure Poland didn't prepare for Bruno's play as much as Marlon's. It's really a big shame. I can feel the sorrow in Zibi's words.

Ophadece
    There's absolutely no revenge at all here. Poland's loss is making themselves in an awkward situation as well. Italy host one of the world qualification, there's no way that Anastasi tries to stop Italy from the Olympic.