2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• France sometimes is too inconsistent like in game versus Italy, but they're playing well indeed ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It's more USA playing poorly than France being exceptional. But I admit, they've been gradually improving their performance and now their game is 'cleaner' and more tidy.

Being so competitive, this group is very likely not to have any representatives in the final 2 groups of 3 teams. Poland and Serbia should be quite happy with how things are going.

Edit: My mistake, there are 3 teams going to the last groups, so maybe only one from this group can have a chance for the '1/4 final groups' ?

• Being so competitive, this group is very likely not to have any representatives in the final 2 groups of 3 teams. Poland and Serbia should be quite happy with how things are going.

But Poland and Serbia will have to go through this 4 very hard matches eventually, so... it's the same, just later and not earlier.

• But Poland and Serbia will have to go through this 4 very hard matches eventually, so... it's the same, just later and not earlier.

Maybe it's different to enter confidently with 3-4 wins rather than as barely managed to come through. But I guess you're right. This just shows how exciting this new combined group will be. And also shows how Brazil and Russia have a direct route to the '1/4 groups'.

• Perfect 4th set by France! They are playing better and better, does that mean that they are peaking at the right moment? And Ngapeth may not be the leader of this team but he is definitely their X factor. When he contains himself and plays well, they are a difficult nut to crack. Great defending by both teams in the last set. Beautiful volleyball!

And the US are in big trouble...

• This is not Bulgaria, this is some ghost team! This is the WORST Bulgarian NT I've ever seen. Known and unkown teams from all over the world showing us how to serve, defend, receive and play volleyball. All due respect to Konstantinov and his plan, choice of squad, tactics and preparation, but they all fail miserably. Now we are on the verge of playing a tie-break versus Egypt! The only positive note is that it is probably not going to count afterwards. Gradinarov has no place in the NT, he cannot kill a ball. The worst performance ever for Zhekov and Aleksiev, I wonder what Aleksiev is still doing on the court. A very, very mediocre team.

• Yavor, I bet you know: why did Bulgaria eliminate the Bratoev brothers ?
    OK, for Valentin, I understand. He is not good for team climate and his performance is not so overwhelming to compensate for. But his brother Georgi, the setter, in my opinion is better than Zhekov.
    Is this (again) some "political" issue or just sort of a statement of Konstantinov as the new coach ?

Konstantinov guaranteed there are no disciplinary reasons for his decision, only technical. It means, unless he decided to hide something, they didn't fit in his squad. He found Valentin not good enough, whereas the reason for leaving Georgi, the setter, out was the he is not "suitable" for a second setter. He must be either first setter or outside the group. Which I found total bullshit, but Plamen knows more than I do. Besides, he is the coach, I am just a forum moderator, what does my opinion cost. Now that we see this team and how pathetic they are, including Dobromir Dimitrov, Zhekov, Gradinarov and so on, perhaps we can ask ourselves the same question again.

I doubt there are political decisions, this time I think there are none. The players Plamen wanted are there with him right now.

• I hate that the results from the first round count in the second round standings.

The easy way to do this would be round of 16 (top 4 teams advance) and single elimination from there to finals.

I do not like the partial serpentine and pot draw system. The FIVB should put the teams by FIVB ranking into 6 different draw pots.

Pot 1: (Host in pool A, top 3 teams)
    Pot 2: 4-7
    Pot 3: 8-11
    Pot 4: 12-15
    Pot 5: 16-19
    Pot 6: 20-23

This would have prevented a massively stacked pool from being created. Brazil and Ruusia have had a very easy path to the 2nd round.

Poland and Serbia probably would only need 2 wins to guarantee spots in round 3. I have not done the math, but with everybody losing points each other in Pool D in seems to make sense.

• Excluding Puerto Rico matches ;
    1. Iran ......5 points; remaining matches: Belgium,
    2.France... 4 points; remaining matches: USA, Belgium
    3. USA........3 points; remaining matches: France, Italy
    4. Italy.......2 points; remaining matches:Belgium, USA
    5. Belgium...1 points; remaining matches: Italy, France,Iran

So right now;
    1. France... 7 points; remaining match: Belgium
    2. Italy.......5 points; remaining match: USA
    3. Iran ......5 points; remaining match: Belgium
    4. USA........3 points; remaining match: Italy
    5. Belgium...1 points; remaining matches: Iran, France

• France :obey: what a performance :obey: clear inconsistent team, they just beat USA and Iran :whistle:

Fully agree with everything Yavor wrote. This Bulgaria is quite weak, no bench and Gradinarov..wont comment anything. Aleksiev same thing.

• Good display of women's volleyball that Bulgaria won in the end, not without the assistance of Egypt. I would need only one good reason from Plamen why Aleksiev is in the starting six and I will watch the remaining of this fiasco quietly. If we start with Aleksiev tomorrow, I promise I am not going to watch the whole match. Don't get me wrong, I am OK with the team losing sometimes, it's part of the game. Besides, I had started following them much before they appeared near the podium places, but I don't like the absolute absence of desire, class and ambition.

• Bulgaria :white: I was watching this horror through my fingers. Tragic game, enormous amount of mistakes... terrible in every single element. What is wrong with these guys? ?( They managed to play good kind of "against all the problems" Bulgarian volleyball has. In last really loud years they just played, better or worse, but I admired this attitude, fighting no matter what... And now I see nothing in this team :S The fire just burned out. The worst performances ever... Guys, please, don't you ever give up! Not after such shameful games. Seriously, I'm lost completely. Haven't seen one positive thing in Bulgarian game :S And tomorrow won't be any easier. I don't want Russians to eat you guys alive :sos:

• FIVB did one very very good thing in that year- eliminated Bulgaria to Div. B in World League.

I don't want to think what would We watch next year if Bulgaria stayed.

• Good display of women's volleyball that Bulgaria won in the end, not without the assistance of Egypt. I would need only one good reason from Plamen why Aleksiev is in the starting six and I will watch the remaining of this fiasco quietly. If we start with Aleksiev tomorrow, I promise I am not going to watch the whole match. Don't get me wrong, I am OK with the team losing sometimes, it's part of the game. Besides, I had started following them much before they appeared near the podium places, but I don't like the absolute absence of desire, class and ambition.

Is it possible that someone is influencing on Plamen? Ok, I understand why is Aleksiev here but Gradinarov? Was it necessary to play 5 sets vs team like Egypt. Don't get me wrong, Egypt could be good team but they lack matches on high international level and we all know they're they lacking them. Aleksiev is total disaster so far, I was watching his moves, reactions after points and he isnt role model for team, not to mention he simply doesnt have leadership skills. I see him as cause of nervousness, he is quite fragile in mental terms. I think Zhekov or Sokolov have more influence