World Grand Prix 2012

• Congratulations USA fully deserved undefeated victory :wavy:

• According to the latest stats, awards should be:
    Spiker: Palacios (Santos and Cleger suddenly are out of the ranking again after USA-CHN match :what: )

They should be ranked. Their attempts are within quota. Wonder what's going on with FIVB's statistics. :pinch:

• They should be ranked. Their attempts are within quota. Wonder what's going on with FIVB's statistics. :pinch:

Maybe both of them havee below 15% all attempts of Cuban players.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Maybe both of them havee below 15% all attempts of Cuban players.

That is the first thing I checked when I said they are within quota.

Total Attack Attempts for Cuba is 425 and 15% is 63.75 attempts.

Palacios Mendoza Yoana 95 attempts
    Salas Rosell Wilma 71
    Santos Allegne Yanelis 68
    Cleger Abel Ana Lidia 64

Am I missing something? :pinch:

It seems odd for other countries, too.

• Congratulations to USA for amazing performance! Totally deserved championship, It must scare all opponents that they cannot win USA's bench player, what is worse is that most of their key players are young so they can keep playing at least 2 more OG after London :whistle:

• USA.. just WOW. I sooo love this team, their play, their joy, their spirit :obey:

A half of them will not make London...
    What a pity!

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• London must give wild card to Thai Girls!

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• That is her shirt number.

And she is unranked by FIVB :pinch:

i think the total attempts of her attacks are less than 20% of Turkey Team....thats the reason that her data is not applicable in the statistics...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• i think the total attempts of her attacks are less than 20% of Turkey Team....thats the reason that her data is not applicable in the statistics...

Thanks for the info.

It was just weird cos the match stats up until today had 15% as spike quota. And today's stats show 20% as the limit.

• Go USA! Tremendous preparation on the part of the American squad. Each player looked like they were fighting for a position on the Olympic team and was very apparent in their play. You could also sense how much the players believed in the team over individuals, which I attribute largely to the focus and direction that Hugh has taken the team.

While they did go undefeated throughout the tournament I do not think they've peaked in performance which is promising for the Olympic Games. One aspect that they are simply playing at a different level, which Brazil and Russia I believe are on as well, is blocking. Ze Roberto and McCutcheon come from the men's game and I think they've been able to improve the level of their women's teams blocking to a level that the rest of the world has not yet reached.

It's really unfortunate that the Olympic roster is just limited to 12. With Davis' injury it's almost a certainty that they'll have to take 2 liberi and won't carry a 4th outside hitter. Hodge certainly put on an offensive show but her passing is so unstable that I really would have liked to see Richards make the team because she's a little more stable all-around. Hugh has invested so much time in Glass and I think she's pretty much assured her position. I do think though that she isn't the best setter right off the bench to come in on the double-sub. I think Bown will make it over Scott-Arruda. Both are great players but Bown's performance is a little more steady day in and day out. I want Haneef-Park over Metcalf but I think Hugh will select Metcalf.

Final Roster Prediction:

S: Berg, Glass
    OH: Tom, Larson, Hodge
    OPP: Hooker, Metcalf
    MB: Akinradewo, Harmotto, Bown
    L: Davis, Miyashiro

Lastly, K. Glass is also injured and in recovery, not the only factor for her not being on the WGP rosters but definitely one of them.

• Congratulations to Hodge, the MVP of WGP 2012...

MVP & Best Scorer - Hodge (USA)
    Best Attacker - Palacios (CUB)
    Best Blocker - Thaisa (BRA)
    Best Server - Neslihan (TUR)
    Best Setter - Nootsara (THA)
    Best Receiver - Gulden (TUR)
    Best Libero - Zhang Xian (CHN)

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...