World Grand Prix 2012

• Nilay Ozdemir won her first medal in a national competition and it was her first experience in senior level :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I was looking for the photos of WGP, what happened to Malika today? Did she injury her foot?

She landed on Salas' foot after an attack, both kinda jumped onto the middle line so it was an accident, and she had to be carried off court :( But it was quite touching to see, all Thai players directly ran to help her when they noticed her injury and all helped to carry her off, even the head coach. This is something quite unusual, most teams let the doctor and physio do all that and just stand there watching, especially coaches, so it was really nice to see how everyone cared for Malika in this moment :flower:

• Unofficial: Top 20 FIVB Senior World Ranking - Women (After WGP 2012)
    Next Off: WGP 2011

1 USA 245.00
    2 Brazil 217.50
    3(5) China 187.00

4 Italy 183.75
    5(3) Japan 179.25
    6(8 ) Germany 119.25
    7(6) Serbia 112.00
    8(11) Turkey 104.25
    9(7) Russia 96.25
    10 Cuba 87.00
    11(9) Dominican. Rep.72.75
    12 Thailand 72.00
    13(14)Poland 59.75
    14(15)Kenya 50.75
    15(13)Republic Of Korea 49.25
    16 Algeria 47.25
    17 Peru 42.50
    18 Argentina 39.00
    19 Puerto Rico 37.50
    20 Netherlands 30.25

• Thanks for the info.

It was just weird cos the match stats up until today had 15% as spike quota. And today's stats show 20% as the limit.

most of the time, there are only 5 attackers remaining in the court, coz the libero will take one position...so 20% is more precise to illuminate the match or a tournament.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• What kind of injure has Davis? Is it serious? I saw her walking normally.

BTW, IMO Haneef and Scott are out of the 12

• She landed on Salas' foot after an attack, both kinda jumped onto the middle line so it was an accident, and she had to be carried off court :( But it was quite touching to see, all Thai players directly ran to help her when they noticed her injury and all helped to carry her off, even the head coach. This is something quite unusual, most teams let the doctor and physio do all that and just stand there watching, especially coaches, so it was really nice to see how everyone cared for Malika in this moment :flower:

Thanks dear for the info! I hope she gets well soon! ^^

Anyone knows If Thai girls will make the test event in London before the Olympics?

• Congrats to USA & Thailand :dance6:

Individual Awards (Thailand)
    Best Setter: Nootsara Tomkom (Thailand)
    Best Receiver: 2nd Piyanoot Pannoy (Thailand)
    Best Libero: 2nd Piyanoot Pannoy (Thailand)
    Best Server: 2nd Pluemjit Thinkaow (Thailand)
    Best Scorer: 2nd Onuma Sittirak (Thailand)
    Best Spiker: 6th Onuma Sittirak (Thailand)
    Best Digger: 9th Onuma Sittirak (Thailand)Best Blocker: 19th Malika Kanthong (Thailand)

:cup: :dance4: :cup:

• 6th place might be the highest rank ever for German team :obey: But unfortunately after OG we will probably drop behind SRB, RUS and TUR again and maybe also behind DOM depending on their performance in OG :(

Defending points for OG 2012 (Only Top 20)
    25% reduction each year

USA 22.5
    Brazil 25
    China 20
    Italy 11.25
    Japan 11.25
    Germany 0.75
    Serbia 11.25
    Turkey 0.25
    Russia 11.25
    Cuba 17.5
    Dominican. Rep. 0.75
    Thailand 0.25
    Poland 3.75
    Kenya 0.75
    Republic Of Korea 0.5
    Algeria 1.25
    Peru 0.75
    Argentina 0
    Puerto Rico 0.50
    Netherlands 0.25

• I mean the individual match statistics up until today showed under spikes, Limit: 15.00%

Pappi, has the tournament quota for spiking always been 20%?

if you have noticed that the P3 sheet of today's match...you might have already found the spike limit is changed to 20%...
    i dont know the reason why...but the data is obviously unchanged, but the limit can be changed to well illuminate the game...i think its relatively understandable...

in my point of view, most of the time, there are only 5 attackers remaining in the court, coz the libero will take one position...so 20% is more precise to illuminate the match or a tournament.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• LOL Russia 9th at world rankings :lol: :lol: :lol:

• if you have noticed that the P3 sheet of today's match...you might have already found the spike limit is changed to 20%...
    i dont know the reason why...but the data is obviously unchanged, but the limit can be changed to well illuminate the game...i think its relatively understandable...

in my point of view, most of the time, there are only 5 attackers remaining in the court, coz the libero will take one position...so 20% is more precise to illuminate the match or a tournament.

Yes, I noticed the change in the limit in today's stats. So it looks like a recent change. Thanks, pappi.

• my All-Star Team :
    Tomkom (THA) - Sheilla (BRA) - Thaisa (BRA) - Darnel (TUR) - Hodge (USA) - Zhang Xian (CHN)

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• i think the total attempts of her attacks are less than 20% of Turkey Team....thats the reason that her data is not applicable in the statistics...

Gözde has attacked alot of times.She has attacked 103 Times and got 50 kills= % 48,54. Palacio has attacked 95 times and got 46 kills=% 48,42 :aww: :lol:

• Congratulations to the Usa team. Getting the title without losing in any way is a remarkable success. :thumbup:

It was a great tournament for us as well. I am really glad to see our team playing against Bra and Usa. It was definitely a precious experience. We started both of the game horrible and tried to change something in the games after 1st or 2nd set. Our players were out of their performance and felt the pressure before the games but later they saw they could handle both of them. I read Motta's opinion about the tournament, he is generally happy except ups and downs in the team and hopeful about the OG as we are.

Our team made the history again with getting bronze medal at the WGP. Congratulations to all of you again. :thumbup:

• Congratulations USA :thumbup: :thumbsup: What to say, I just can't find the words to describe the perfection in USA team. They played with B team and didn't have any lost :super: Seeing the American girls with gold medal in Olympics won't surprise us.As I already said it hundred times, they totally deserve it.

Bravo Sultan s :super: :super: That is our 2nd participation and we got bronze medal which hasn't been achieved by Japan even though they have participated all WGPs :lol: That was a great preparation for Olympics. I mean, I would prefer to loose USA or Brazil in WGP rather than Olympics.We know how they play and what we must and mustn't do. Now, I keep my finger crossed for the medal in Olympics which is very hard to achieve. Anyway, I believe in these girls. They can make it :super:

• Canter i think we should be happy with two individual awards. I am surprised actually seeing the Gulden's name among the best names.

For European teams being in the best five teams in the world ranking with current rules is really hard. You must be very strong and eventually get the top places at European Tournaments every year not to miss international competitions.

• my All-Star Team :
    Tomkom (THA) - Sheilla (BRA) - Thaisa (BRA) - Darnel (TUR) - Hodge (USA) - Zhang Xian (CHN)

Who will be 2nd R in Your Team?

Sheila or Darnel?

At least Hodge will be happy because won't receive many balls in that combinations.