World Grand Prix 2012

• Hehe, I guess Canter thinks its waaaaaay 2 high ;) :P

hehehe i really dont understand this rankings and seeding pools by Fivb, its ridiculous

i think world ranking could be categorized for seedings in world competitions

1st Ranked Teams: USA, Brazil, China, Russia
    2nd RT: Italy, Japan
    3rd RT: Germany, Poland, Turkey,Serbia, Thailand, Cuba, Korea
    4th RT: Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Dom. Rep.
    5th RT: Kenia, Algeria, Peru, Argentina

Everything will be more clear in this way imo

• Russia was not able to participate in last year's World Cup and this year's WGP. add to that they did not earn a medal in ECH last year so it's understandable that they would go down in the world rankings.

• This one is the official ranking after WGP 2012

Defending Points: Olympic Games 2012 (only Top 20)
    USA 22.5
    Brazil 25
    China 20
    Italy 11.25
    Japan 11.25
    Germany 0.75
    Serbia 11.25
    Turkey 0.25
    Russia 11.25
    Cuba 17.5
    Dominican. Rep. 0.75
    Thailand 0.25
    Poland 3.75
    Kenya 0.75
    Republic Of Korea 0.5
    Algeria 1.25
    Peru 0.75
    Argentina 0
    Puerto Rico 0.50
    Netherlands 0.25

Points to earn: Olympic Games 2012
    1st 100
    2nd 90
    3rd 80
    4th 70
    5th (4x) 45
    9th (2x) 15
    11th (2x) 5

• USA :white: I'm speechless

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Btw, just adding in the talk about Cubas spikers, that Sulian Matienzo seems to be huge talent for the future. Shes only 17 yrs. old but came in today against Thailand and was attacking 6/9 and looked really strong I think.

yes and also played quite well in reception !!! :)

• Congratulations to the American Ladies! I am extremely proud! USA became the 2nd nation (after Brazil) to get 3-straight Grand Prix Titles.

Im just sad that more than half of these 12 ladies will not be able to play in the Olympics in London. ;(

By the way, I am now a Kristin Richards' fan. I love her! If Tom retires hopefully she's the next great American OH...

Congratulations to USA for amazing performance! Totally deserved championship, It must scare all opponents that they cannot win USA's bench player, what is worse is that most of their key players are young so they can keep playing at least 2 more OG after London :whistle:

MVP's of the Grand Prix:

2010 - Akinradewo
    2011 - Hooker
    2012 - Hodge

I find it reassuring that although after this Olympic Games a lot of veterans "might" retire like Berg, Tom, Bown, Scott-Arruda, Haneef-Park, Sykora but USA still got the likes of Akinradewo, Hodge, Larson, Hooker, Alisha Glass, Kristin Richards, Tamari Miyashiro, Christa Harmotto, Carli Lloyd, Lauren Gibbmeyer, Alix Klineman, Cynthia Barboza, etc
    and yet it will remain to be a very strong team... Tom, for example, will surely be missed if in any case but I really like the progress of USA's OHs (Larson, Hodge, Richards). Harmotto and Akinradewo will be great for many many years and same with Hooker.. This is truly awesome!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Ur "might" is a "will not" :whistling:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Richards (as 4th OH) has poor chances to reach London... :(

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

Edited 2 times, last by Latvian ().

• Ur "might" is a "will not" :whistling:

I really hope you're right ;( I already miss Tom...

• I agree with you. I'm impressed with Richards.. sad that she already signed with a team in Turkey, after this WGP she would have received many better offers for sure.. Also I don't think Tom will retire, since all of her life is volleyball she will play for couple of years for USA.. Although she is not hitting that effective anymore she is IRREPLACEABLE... Gotta love her

• Admiring all teams in WGP2012 - THEY ALL played so well and truly earned accolades.But the tiny team of Thailand has won my heart for being so brazen in all minuites they appeared on court with such fighting spirit and pleasant smile all over their faces in all situations. Who could have thought that these tiny David could bring down several Goliaths to emerge as number 4 of tournament, outclassing a few former world champions. Bow,bow and bow to them ! :thumbsup:

• What I dislike about the OG is that's the time to say goodbye to some players ;(