World Grand Prix 2012

• I just looked up the match schedule again and still believe Pool F is completely ridiculous. Japan, Dominican Republic, Puertorico and Thailand together :lol: compared to Pool F, Pool E is like a pool of death. Italy, Brazil, USA and Germany, wow... Fivb, you rock again.

• About if its wrong or not, I dont know, but for me its a kind of unsecure behaviour. I remember Roger Federer once commented this and he said "I think its a bit strange some young tennis girls yells "come on" more in one match than I have done in my carrer", and commented about that he felt sorry for them to need to do this behaviour to keep feeling strong in themselves.

• I just looked up the match schedule again and still believe Pool F is completely ridiculous. Japan, Dominican Republic, Puertorico and Thailand together :lol: compared to Pool F, Pool E is like a pool of death. Italy, Brazil, USA and Germany, wow... Fivb, you rock again.

Yes ...
    Grand Prix is just a machine to make money
    Neither a very serious tournament nore an ecological one (with all those flies) :serve:

• it annoys me A LOT that Serbian players clap their hands almost always when one of them will serve

imagine how annoying it is for the other teams receivers :lol:

• About if its wrong or not, I dont know, but for me its a kind of unsecure behaviour. I remember Roger Federer once commented this and he said "I think its a bit strange some young tennis girls yells "come on" more in one match than I have done in my carrer", and commented about that he felt sorry for them to need to do this behaviour to keep feeling strong in themselves.

I see your point, but I think they should do what they will feel better. Federer had a lot of problems in the beggining of his career due his lack of mental strenght. He used to show a lot of his feelings through bad body language and throw his racket on the ground, and etc. Since he solved this problem, becoming a more introspective player, the level of his game has raised a lot and he became the legend that he is. So I think you have to do what suits you well, what's the best of your game. Brazilians, as Cubans in a different level of yelling, needs to play that way to be focused, release tension and sometimes to intimidate the opponents too, I won't denied that happens thus it's not the major point of the way they behave.

• Nopes. I just think that teams and players are allowed to celebrate/keep motivate/release tension the way they wanted, only avoiding to be disrespectful. And I mentioned Serbia 'cause they do some annoying stuff for me, but I never came here to say "it's fake!" or whatever. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but it's funny how Brazilian's celebration is considerate for mny of you as unnatural, fake, exagerated and over-the-top.

well, I think I never say they were not allowed, I just said it anoys me. ;) and honestly I dont think that is cultural at all! Im brasilian and that is not cultural to me...not all brasilian players celebrate in the intensity of some brasilian players do. Also I didnt affirm they are fake or anything, I just said that action in particular seems fake/over the top/exagerated to me, my opinion.

I just guess If you say you think anoying some things in some people, you should not say I cant think anoying other things in other people, no matter what is the reasons behind it. ;)

• I think each one celebrates the way you feel better and to motivate their teammates. The Serbian like clapping, no problem. I just do not like the celebration of the Cuban team when sometimes scream in the face of their opponents but I think it very disrespectful, I started to dislike them for it. I remember in the 1996 Olympiad was totally unsporting. :thumbdown: My opinion only. ;)

• I think each one celebrates the way you feel better and to motivate their teammates. The Serbian like clapping, no problem. I just do not like the celebration of the Cuban team when sometimes scream in the face of their opponents but I think it very disrespectful, I started to dislike them for it. I remember in the 1996 Olympiad was totally unsporting. :thumbdown: My opinion only. ;)

Yes, that is sometimes. Because also DR and Argentina players do the same thing.
    Brazil celebration is not annoying to me, in fact, I like because they try to cheer their teammates.

• well, I think I never say they were not allowed, I just said it anoys me. ;) and honestly I dont think that is cultural at all! Im brasilian and that is not cultural to me...not all brasilian players celebrate in the intensity of some brasilian players do. Also I didnt affirm they are fake or anything, I just said that action in particular seems fake/over the top/exagerated to me, my opinion.

I just guess If you say you think anoying some things in some people, you should not say I cant think anoying other things in other people, no matter what is the reasons behind it. ;)

Being a cultural thing doesn´t mean that it applies to every single person from Brazil. There is no such thing as unanimity.
    It´s clear that you love boring teams such as Serbia and Germany, so it doesn´t surprise that you criticise your own nation´s team that much.

• When it comes to celebrating a point, I have to say I like when the cubans scream in the face of the player they blocked. I remember Silie blocking Mari twice in a row at the Pan American Cup 2011 and screaming.... although I agree is not appropriate. I have to say I like Logan's way of 'celebrating'. She rarely smiles when she wins a point.. I think she does that because she does not like to brag or to show herself.. although there are games and points when she screams and is happy about wining the point. You can see that at the Beijing Olympics...

• I don't think Fernandinha is better than Fabiola... Fernandinha is a great setter but some of her sets were so high that I thought she played with Karpol. And even when she had a good receive she set some high balls. I think Fabiola does better than that.

Adenizia is doing better than Thaisa and Fabiana but I think she will be bench at the OG.

And even though Brait is playing much better than Fabi I can't see Ze replacing Fabi for Brait. I think Brait will have to wait for Rio 2016.

• I don't think Fernandinha is better than Fabiola... Fernandinha is a great setter but some of her sets were so high that I thought she played with Karpol. And even when she had a good receive she set some high balls. I think Fabiola does better than that.

Adenizia is doing better than Thaisa and Fabiana but I think she will be bench at the OG.

And even though Brait is playing much better than Fabi I can't see Ze replacing Fabi for Brait. I think Brait will have to wait for Rio 2016.

Yes. I agree with everything you said! Even though I KNOW Brait and Adenízia deserve the spot, it´s almost impossible for me to see them at the starting six, which is worse for Brait, since she is not even going to the OG at all.

• It´s clear that you love boring teams such as Serbia and Germany, so it doesn´t surprise that you criticise your own nation´s team that much.

The teams u mention isnt my favourites either but still, one team that is boring for one person can still be entertaining for someone else! Almost everybody support their own NT, its natural, so I guess she has some good reasons for not doing so.

• Being a cultural thing doesn´t mean that it applies to every single person from Brazil. There is no such thing as unanimity.
    It´s clear that you love boring teams such as Serbia and Germany, so it doesn´t surprise that you criticise your own nation´s team that much.

Im sorry but you are being very unpolite now with ur comments now.

I understood what you said with cultural, as emotional, indeed brasilians are emotional, like all latin people, and I think that is well represented in the way Sheilla, Fabi and other players celebrate, and Im totally fine with that, I dont playesr should be cold or anything, on the contrary. That being said, the way other players celebrate such as Adenizia, Paula, for me that is not cultural, that is just over the top, that is all, that is MY opinion, and I just wished you could respect that felling of mine.

Just because is my "nation" does not mean, in my opinion, I cant criticise them for one or other reason. That does not make me any less brasilian If that is some how what you wanted to mean with your dramatic words "your own Nation". For me volleyball is a sport, Its a matter of taste, of admiration...not a war that I must support my Nation and hate everyone else no matter what.

And yes, I do like Serbia, Germany, Italy, Netherlands more then I like Brasil girls team...I have reasons to like and admire them, as I like many different teams and players and If you dont and think they are boring, It is your right to think so and not cheer them....but dont think one thing has to do with other...I could like Brasil team and still like other teams, as I could not like brasilian team at all and like only others or just like Brasil team...each person is different, as has many foreigners that like brasilian team...that is all fine. we should not judge anyone cause of that.

• The teams u mention isnt my favourites either but still, one team that is boring for one person can still be entertaining for someone else! Almost everybody support their own NT, its natural, so I guess she has some good reasons for not doing so.

And yes! I have my reasons..thank u Antom. ;)

• :thumbsup:

• I bought the tickets to watch all the Pool E matches of the WGP. The stadium which will host Pool E matches is just a short drive away from my house and I'll be able to see Brazil, USA and Italy NT playing right before my very eyes. The volleyball-marathon will start on Friday! I barely can't wait for the weekend! I hope all teams could show a good level of playing and I hope Brazil could win all its matches in straight sets! LOL! Just kidding! I hope I could see great volleyball no matter the result.

• As for the other discussion in this WGP thread, I don't see any point in putting labels in teams or in players behaviour. Each player/team has its own characteristics and they don't do that to please or annoy the audience, it's just the way they are. We have to judge teams and players for what they produce on court, not for the way they express their emotions or react to a particular situation. They are just athletes, they are human beings and they don't even have to be role models. So, personal tastes apart, what really matters is the volleyball discussion, technique, team play and tactics. All the rest is just the rest.

• I bought the tickets to watch all the Pool E matches of the WGP. The stadium which will host Pool E matches is just a short drive away from my house and I'll be able to see Brazil, USA and Italy NT playing right before my very eyes. The volleyball-marathon will start on Friday! I barely can't wait for the weekend! I hope all teams could show a good level of playing and I hope Brazil could win all its matches in straight sets! LOL! Just kidding! I hope I could see great volleyball no matter the result.

I'm happy to hear that ^^ Please enjoy these matches!!
    I hope Brazil will play as A-Team vs. A-team USA !!!! ( GO USA : hahaha ) :olympia: