World Grand Prix 2012

• Korea's Coach or Kim has something wrong with head.
    Kim in every match is with Team but She doesn't play. If She has free time, why is She with Team? She should have pause like Kimura.

• Yes.. It's quite weird. Injuried players basically can't play at all and they should go home to take a break, I'm pretty curious why the hell they took them to China this week. Anyway, I agree with Matthias...their step serves annoy me quite a lot :thumbdown: It looks like I'm watching such a circus show :lol:

• I hate those Korean 1000 step serves :aww: They look ridiculous and they are not effective at all, I really wonder who invented them and what's supposed to be the reason...

I've been wondering about that too. I think it's kinda confusing on the server's part when will they will hit the ball after "walking that far."

Most teams are playing with B team or their a team is scattered and not playing together. Most probably, the reason is to give the main players a rest or to get the back-up players in good shape. Is this the same scene in WGP 2008? I might be misinformed here, but I remembered Russia participated in WGP 2004 but did not send their main team. I think it angered FIVB and did not allow Russia to participate next year's WGP.

• I know It's too early to even guess...but I think the US team is extremely close to the Gold in London. We all know that in sports everything can happen anytime and the tournament hasn't even started yet, but in every aspect this team is just perfect. There are Tom and Larson who are very stable in reception and digging and Hooker who can hit the balls in any position. no doubt about Setters and MBs. Hugh just needs some time to decide what MBs he's gonna take to London. I think It's a very tough decision. (Bown, Akinradewo, Harmotto, Tamas, Scott-Arruda...etc etc) Another question is who will be the 2nd setter. Since Berg's space is certainly obvious and the candidates should be A.Glass, Lloyd and Spicer. IMO, Lloyd could be the best choice, but no one knows yet. I hope Lloyd can make it to London but I have a feeling that Hugh is gonna pick Alisha Glass in stead.

If I had to go gambling on WGP, I would definitely go for USA.

• Russia didn't participate in World Grand Prix qualif tournament to 2005 edition because after OG Karpol left the NT Team, main Players also and Russia in very fast time found new Players and wanted to send Their documents but it was to late in CEV rules in time category. In Team were 3 Players who weren't accepted by CEV in time and CEV disqualificated Russia, instead of Them goes Romania.

• I know It's too early to even guess...but I think the US team is extremely close to the Gold in London. We all know that in sports everything can happen anytime and the tournament hasn't even started yet, but in every aspect this team is just perfect. There are Tom and Larson who are very stable in reception and digging and Hooker who can hit the balls in any position. no doubt about Setters and MBs. Hugh just needs some time to decide what MBs he's gonna take to London. I think It's a very tough decision. (Bown, Akinradewo, Harmotto, Tamas, Scott-Arruda...etc etc) Another question is who will be the 2nd setter. Since Berg's space is certainly obvious and the candidates should be A.Glass, Lloyd and Spicer. IMO, Lloyd could be the best choice, but no one knows yet. I hope Lloyd can make it to London but I have a feeling that Hugh is gonna pick Alisha Glass in stead.

If I had to go gambling on WGP, I would definitely go for USA.

True. Even though Tom is not that much effective in attack anymore, she's still very important to the team because of her serve and reception. This US team will be very, very tough to beat. I think Brazil has dipped since the departure of Fofão but they still are contenders for a medal.

• :hit:

who said it ? it isn't true. please don't give wrong info to members.

ugh that was from the meeting for deciding the players for these tournaments, who will play where. Most of main players including Eda wanted to play in European League to have a rest as they are tired but it was not accepted. And clearly it would have been better for her after seeing her performances in latest matches.

serdar, yeah she was bad there too and couldnt have enough rest to climb her performance. I really hope she'll get better soon and I'm sure she'll.

• ugh that was from the meeting for deciding the players for these tournaments, who will play where. Most of main players including Eda wanted to play in European League to have a rest as they are tired but it was not accepted. And clearly it would have been better for her after seeing her performances in latest matches.

Eda never didn't say. I didn't read such an article on federation's website or Eda's twitter. :whistle:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Eda never didn't say. I didn't read such an article on federation's website or Eda's twitter. :whistle:

yeah those are just rumors being talked among fans, I didn't say I have official sources. But this sounds like the most possible reason for Eda's underperforming.

• Is Serbia sleeping or Cuba is playing so good? :what:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 9 block points by Cubans in the first set! I wonder if it's a world record

• 9 block points by Cubans in the first set! I wonder if it's a world record

At this (highest international) level, probably yes :lol:

• Why Rasic is not playing in last two matches?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: