Italian NT 2012

• arrigheti to me was most consistent i like her intensity on the court, gioli was the best perfomer all throughout the tournament unfortunately in the qf she played below her usual level

• arrigheti to me was most consistent i like her intensity on the court, gioli was the best perfomer all throughout the tournament unfortunately in the qf she played below her usual level

the disaster begins from the horrible receives of three wing spikers.

• ...and of the libero that wasn't the best we had

Gioli is the most efficent hitter but Leo can ply with her when the reception is not good.
    In London Leo did her best, she was suffering but she give it all on the court

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• yah cardullo could have been a big help especially in the reception area and i would also add not being in shape for london

• I just read it now (I've been extremely busy) and I think Italy needs a huge change. No thanks Barbollini, you can go home now. I hope they will play with a new team. Sometimes, veterans are obviously needed, but in my opinion, It's time to change. Actually they should have tried it after the fail in Beijing. The generation of Ferretti and Guiggi should had been the main ones of the team (Ferretti, Guiggi, Ortolani, Arrighetti and so on...)

about the troubles, I'd say It was definitely visible that Italy has had problems between players, not only between Barbollini and Francy Ferretti.

• Which player would you choose if you were the coach?

I think in the new team shoul be some players of this list

S: Bechis, Caracuta, Ferretti, Lo Bianco, Pincerato
    OH/OP:Barcellini, Bosetti C, Bosetti L., Diouf, Gennari, Negrini, Okaka, Ortolani, Partenio, Perinelli, Piccinini, Ravetta, Saccomani, Scarabelli, Sorokaite, Tirozzi
    MB: Anzanello, Arrighetti, Crisanti, Folie, Garzaro, Guiggi, Pisani, Stufi
    L: Cardullo, Carocci, De Gennaro, Merlo, Sansonna, Sirressi

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I think it depends on how much difference you want.

My roster should be like this

Setters - Ferretti, Bechis
    OPPs - Ortolani, Cate Bosetti, Diouf
    OHs - Lucia Bosetti, Scarabelli, Partenio, Barcellini
    MBs - Guiggi, Arrighetti, Crisanti, Folie
    Liberos - Sirressi, Carrocci

• Setters: Ferretti, Caracuta
    Opposites: Diouf, Ortolani
    OHs: Piccinini, Costagrande, C.Bosetti, L.Bosetti
    MBs: Arrighetti, Guiggi, Garzaro, Pisani
    Liberos: Cardullo, Merlo, Leonardi

• I think there are some problems in almost every NT in the world. When you're basically stuck with the same people year after year, when you're already worn out after a long season in your club, a lot of tension can arise. That's why it's necessary to have "fresh blood" on the team after a while. And although it's true that bad atmosphere can have a negative influence on performance, it can go the other way around, too, that bad performances can make the atmosphere even worse. Imagine if Brazil had failed at the Olympics (and they came REALLY close) - there would have probably been scandals, accusations, dramatic retirements from NT and so on. But since they won, nothing happened. Just like how we probably wouldn't have this conflict on Italian NT if they had won a medal, and least not this public.

• I think there are some problems in almost every NT in the world. When you're basically stuck with the same people year after year, when you're already worn out after a long season in your club, a lot of tension can arise. That's why it's necessary to have "fresh blood" on the team after a while. And although it's true that bad atmosphere can have a negative influence on performance, it can go the other way around, too, that bad performances can make the atmosphere even worse. Imagine if Brazil had failed at the Olympics (and they came REALLY close) - there would have probably been scandals, accusations, dramatic retirements from NT and so on. But since they won, nothing happened. Just like how we probably wouldn't have this conflict on Italian NT if they had won a medal, and least not this public.

you're right! as a matter of fact there had been some critics after the European Championships but then no polemics and no scandals after they won the World Cup...now, after this great failure the atmosphere kind of collapsed!

@Loca: you would really bring Negrini in NT? she is not strong at all but most of all she is quite old...!

• She has the same caracterostic of Lucia Bosetti and Marcon. Negrini is very strong in back row! I put also Lo Bianco, Cardullo and Piccinini, I wasn't looking at the age

• Guys don't forget that Italy will be host of 2014 WCH thus I am pretty sure that all veterans will want to make their jubilee at that tournament ;)

• Del Core said she doesn't think she will play in the NT anymore, maybe the others "old" will do it

• Guys don't forget that Italy will be host of 2014 WCH thus I am pretty sure that all veterans will want to make their jubilee at that tournament ;)

Well said. And I would be disappointed otherwise.
    Italy NT is full of talent and champions, the age isn't an issue (and btw the veterans are in their early thirties not fourties).
    All that matters is a good phisical condition, right motivations and a new found feeling.
    These girls are adults, professionists, they are FRIENDS. They will get through this difficult moment, I'm sure of it.
    I still believe in them, very much so.
    I'm aware that change will be necessary, young players need to find their place in the team (some of them already did) and we have a lot of young girls who are very talented, but it has to be done gradually.
    We can't just send home our top players all together because of what happened in London (and it was NOT only a matter of "bad harmony" between the coach and some players, there are many reasons for our failure); sure we have to learn from our mistakes and move on.

But my first concern now is who will be our next coach.

• Good joke